Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We have a franchise QB

It is about two years to realize if he truly is franchise qb material. Year 2 weeds a lot of pretenders out, lots of examples out there

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm pretty sold on Minshew after today. That pass he floated over the defender and into Fournette's hands today was a thing of beauty. Fournette made fine catch on it but the throw was Bradyesque.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I think they should stick with Minshew. He has the hot hand and keep rolling with it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I feel kinda bad for Folesy.. didn’t really get a fair shot here. But I care more about what’s best for my team, and right now I think that’s #15 playing Quarterback. Keep Foles around until we can be sure that Minshew is the franchise QB, and then ship foles to a team who needs a QB. Nick has handled the entire situation with class, so don’t send him to the dolphins.

(10-27-2019, 08:01 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: He beat the tacks .....we lost to the 'horns with a dumb call ......we'll handle them in London.
clots haven't seen him yet and we'll handle the tacks at home again.

Looks like Watt may be out for the year with a torn pec.

(10-27-2019, 08:37 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 08:01 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: He beat the tacks .....we lost to the 'horns with a dumb call ......we'll handle them in London.
clots haven't seen him yet and we'll handle the tacks at home again.

Looks like Watt may be out for the year with a torn pec.

Never want to see Watt get hurt but that helps our chances a ton

Riding with the Shew

(10-27-2019, 08:37 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I feel kinda bad for Folesy.. didn’t really get a fair shot here. But I care more about what’s best for my team, and right now I think that’s #15 playing Quarterback. Keep Foles around until we can be sure that Minshew is the franchise QB, and then ship foles to a team who needs a QB. Nick has handled the entire situation with class, so don’t send him to the dolphins.
I dont feel bad for Foles at all. He's getting paid good money to teach a promising future for this city and he's already had his glory in the NFL.

He's lucky really.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-27-2019, 08:29 PM)PF* Wrote: I'm pretty sold on Minshew after today. That pass he floated over the defender and into Fournette's hands today was a thing of beauty. Fournette made  fine catch on it but the throw was Bradyesque.

This a big time play, we needed some movment in the chains and Fournette made a really tough catch on a really good throw.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 09:08 PM by Newton.)

Minshew is proving he has what it takes. He’s got the nerves, intelligence, and accuracy we have been looking for.

When we face off against elite teams, I feel Foles gives the team the best chance to win due to experience and his past. Can't let 2 games with a combined record of 1-14 blind the fact that the Saints exposed the gameplan on how to fluster Minshew and that he also struggled against the 0-8 Bengals. Now... I LOVE ME some Minshew... and he is the future. Right now though, I got to give the edge to Foles when he is healthy and let the stache learn and grow.

(10-27-2019, 09:31 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: When we face off against elite teams, I feel Foles gives the team the best chance to win due to experience and his past. Can't let 2 games with a combined record of 1-14 blind the fact that the Saints exposed the gameplan on how to fluster Minshew and that he also struggled against the 0-8 Bengals. Now... I LOVE ME some Minshew... and he is the future. Right now though, I got to give the edge to Foles when he is healthy and let the stache learn and grow.

It really could work out that way. 

Another poster and I were chatting about it and I said that Minshew will extend some plays that Foles can't and he's converting on quite a few of those. His counter was that Foles may find his open guy quicker at times and not need to buy time.  Watching some of the all22 stuff, I know that's very likely. 

Tricky trade-off, but I don't have any trepidation about inserting Foles in week 11 like many do. Feeling pretty confident in either option at the moment.

At the end of the day, I am for whatever gives us the best chance to win (now and long-term). I think next week will be key.

Give him November, then we'll see. Face the entire AFCS
Have to remember though, Foles beat Brady in the Super Bowl.

I would rather have Foles completely healed up and ready to take a games worth of “big boy hits” before I’d consider putting him back out there. With the way our line protects, he could be re-injured rather quickly.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 10:01 PM by PAJag.)

Honestly if we’re talking ultimate goal which is the super bowl or at least playoff wins it has to be foles. I love minshew and what he’s doing and definitely believe he is the future but rookies don’t win playoff games or Super Bowls in this league. Like has been said the better defenses will be able to fluster him and attack his weaknesses that he’s not ready for yet.

Until he has a Sam Darnold or Blake Bortles type stretch of two bad games in a row there's really no reason to move him out of the lineup.

If he plays like he did today over the next three divisional games and gets this team up to a 7 - 4 record it's his job to lose permantely.

I honestly dont care about the cap hit with Foles. You simply DO NOT move a QB playing this good out of the lineup. Let him build up his chemistry. Let him build up his confidence.

The rest will take care of itself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-27-2019, 09:59 PM)PAJag Wrote: Honestly if we’re talking ultimate goal which is the super bowl or at least playoff wins it has to be foles. I love minshew and what he’s doing and definitely believe he is the future but rookies don’t win playoff games or Super Bowls in this league. Like has been said the better defenses will be able to fluster him and attack his weaknesses that he’s not ready for yet.

On that note, the only QB to ever win a SB as a starting QB for two different teams is Peyton. Do we really think Foles is going to be the second?

(10-27-2019, 07:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Minshew made the "go back to Foles in week 11" decision harder with his play today vs the Jets.

Next week will be more telling, but he's not making it an easy call right now.

He made a variety of different throws accurately today and was smart about protecting the ball. If he struggles in London, Foles may be the guy in week 11 and I'll get it.  If he plays well, I'd support keeping him behind center.

This is basically where I am. People have got to stop saying ones good and ones bad, were in the very rare position of having 2 good QB's. I have no worries with Foles coming in as he knows the system, the only worry would be those little communication things with QB/WR and ball placement on throws from playing 9 weeks with Minshew but having the bye will help if we go with Foles.

I don't see a your the starter, your the backup, if Foles isn't getting it done, we have Minshew. Mahomes sat his first year so I dont think it will hurt Minshew if we do roll with Foles. 

But Minshew balled out today, you think Foles back at practice helped??! Really tough decision.

(10-27-2019, 09:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 09:31 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: When we face off against elite teams, I feel Foles gives the team the best chance to win due to experience and his past. Can't let 2 games with a combined record of 1-14 blind the fact that the Saints exposed the gameplan on how to fluster Minshew and that he also struggled against the 0-8 Bengals. Now... I LOVE ME some Minshew... and he is the future. Right now though, I got to give the edge to Foles when he is healthy and let the stache learn and grow.

It really could work out that way. 

Another poster and I were chatting about it and I said that Minshew will extend some plays that Foles can't and he's converting on quite a few of those. His counter was that Foles may find his open guy quicker at times and not need to buy time.  Watching some of the all22 stuff, I know that's very likely. 

Tricky trade-off, but I don't have any trepidation about inserting Foles in week 11 like many do. Feeling pretty confident in either option at the moment.

Team chemistry is a real thing... Minshew and this team have been building that for 2 months now in live fire, while Foles rehabbed.. If they bench Minshew for Foles, there's going to be no grace period/excuses for him, or for this coaching staff/FO. He better be great from the very first snap he comes back and we better go on a multiple games win streak/make the playoffs or else...

Simply because, what other reason would there be for benching Minshew, unless you/they truly think Foles is the only one who gives us the best chance to win... So, if that's the case, he better win, or heads need to roll for making such a stupid decision.