Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We have a franchise QB

(10-27-2019, 09:08 PM)Newton Wrote: Minshew is proving he has what it takes. He’s got the nerves, intelligence, and accuracy we have been looking for.

In addition, he got all the intangibles that NF can only dream to have. All he needs right now is more experiences and where else is better than on-the-field?

With the current OL, NF will not last long.

It will be interesting to see how much better he can be with a good TE.

Replacing him with NF will be a mistake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 03:10 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Aside from the Ravens game, Mayfield has been pretty bad minus garbage time. We're a half yard on a 2 point conversion from being in 1st place with a mediocre team full of rookies/2nd year players. Once you have your franchise QB you build around it. That's what the 49ers have done and aside from Garoppolo's short season last year due to injury they've barely lost when he starts.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 03:12 AM by surfon.)

Eh i dont know. I really like what minshew has brought to the table. We really havent sen what foles can bring. I believe ya gotta play foles. Just because we dont know. Its all around a happy place to be with the qb position.

Yea i turned autocorrect off because its just garbage.

Cowboys fan here. GM15 has brought me to your boards with his play. He reminds me A LOT of my all time favorite player, Tony Romo.

GM15 has won rookie of the week 5 times now, will probably win rookie of the year if they continue to play him. Also Minshew sells tickets. I believe those politics weigh just as heavily as Foles’ salary. I would not be shocked if ownership tells coaching their jobs are safe if they guide this kid’s way.

That being said, I’m a little surprised with the amount of loyalty this fan base gives Foles, a journeyman who has no real ties with this franchise besides his decent sized contract this offseason. I could see the thought of going back if he had been engrained in the organization for years, drafted there or even was an amazing player. Amazing QBs don’t really become available often. You draft those. Foles is what he is. He is a system guy who traveled the league with varying success until he was in the right systems for him. He made a good run in the playoffs one season. He’s a pretty average player. GM15 is a special player who will potentially be on your team for a decade.

Try to trade Foles to Chicago in the offseason, sign a veteran backup to continue to teach GM15 the ways of the league and don’t look back.

(10-27-2019, 08:55 PM)icey14 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 08:29 PM)PF* Wrote: I'm pretty sold on Minshew after today. That pass he floated over the defender and into Fournette's hands today was a thing of beauty. Fournette made  fine catch on it but the throw was Bradyesque.

This a big time play, we needed some movment in the chains and Fournette made a really tough catch on a really good throw.

The TV guys were gushing all game about Minshew's ability to read defenses.  If that play was the one I'm thinking of, it was a perfect example- he saw the way the Jets were lined up on defense that Fournette was going to wind up being covered by a DE.  It also happened earlier in the game on a 3rd down play- Minshew saw the Jets lined up with an overload on his left, their right, and he knew a DE would be covering the TE, so he threw it to DeValve for a first down.  

I read an interview the other day with one of the WRs, and he was saying Minshew is not only relaying the play call in the huddle, he's giving little indications with his hands reminding the WRs where they should go on the play.  He said it was like Minshew was not only calling the play, he was explaining the play, and how helpful that is.  

I think the guy just has a very high football IQ.  Someday he'll be an offensive coordinator.

(10-28-2019, 04:45 AM)PS9 Wrote: Cowboys fan here. GM15 has brought me to your boards with his play. He reminds me A LOT of my all time favorite player, Tony Romo.

GM15 has won rookie of the week 5 times now, will probably win rookie of the year if they continue to play him. Also Minshew sells tickets. I believe those politics weigh just as heavily as Foles’ salary. I would not be shocked if ownership tells coaching their jobs are safe if they guide this kid’s way.

That being said, I’m a little surprised with the amount of loyalty this fan base gives Foles, a journeyman who has no real ties with this franchise besides his decent sized contract this offseason. I could see the thought of going back if he had been engrained in the organization for years, drafted there or even was an amazing player. Amazing QBs don’t really become available often. You draft those. Foles is what he is. He is a system guy who traveled the league with varying success until he was in the right systems for him. He made a good run in the playoffs one season. He’s a pretty average player. GM15 is a special player who will potentially be on your team for a decade.

Try to trade Foles to Chicago in the offseason, sign a veteran backup to continue to teach GM15 the ways of the league and don’t look back.

Welcome.

He does remind me of Romo at times. Especially the ability to extend plays after the pocket is disrupted. Similar style of escapability and keeping his eyes downfield. 

Ideally, I'd like to see him find an open guy sooner a little more often in those situation so he doesn't have to do that so much. Reviewing the tape, he's not always seeing or taking those easy options or seeing that there's  an open guy.

The Foles thing is tricky because we haven't seen him run this offense that was designed for him by an OC we hired specifically to tailor a system around Nick's strengths. I'd kind-of like to see what he's capable of in it. 
Nick's contract structure also makes it difficult as I believe the team will still have dead money for amortized signing bonus even after trading him. 

If the current conservative power structure is still in place here, I wouldn't be shocked to see Minshew revert to back up later this season or at the beginning of next season - with the team moving on from Foles after the 2020 season. 

If they change up elements of the front office, then I'd think it possible they look to move on from Foles in the coming offseason and don't bother to "groom" the young Minshew. 

I think Minshew is the future here if he stays on this course and cleans up a few little things.  Short-term:
I'd get it if they give Foles a chance - I'd get it if they roll with the hot hand. 
Next Sunday in London will probably make their minds one way or the other.

(10-28-2019, 09:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [...I think Minshew is the future here if he stays on this course and cleans up a few little things.  Short-term:
I'd get it if they give Foles a chance - I'd get it if they roll with the hot hand. 
Next Sunday in London will probably make their minds one way or the other.

My mind is already made up .....GMII is our future. He will only get better over time.
NF7 is for a backup and Gardner to learn from.

Look at it this way.....add their two salaries together and there's your total expense at QB .....then when time is right.....send NF7 on his way....and give the kid
his dream. He's certainly giving the fans theirs!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-27-2019, 07:16 PM)NH3 Wrote: NF7 will be our QB when he's eligible to play. GM15 is playing well but he's not seasoned yet. You don't pay a player such as we did NF7 and then bench him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Aside from the CBS announcer (Archuleta?), I haven't heard or read much of anything about the Jaguars going back to Foles. The only argument is that he's getting paid a lot more, to which I say: who cares? Minshew has been winning games for this team, not just preventing losses. I don't know if he's the franchise QB we've never had, or if he's the QB of the future, but he's shown more than enough to keep being the QB of the now regardless of paycheck size.

(10-27-2019, 08:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I think they should stick with Minshew. He has the hot hand and keep rolling with it.

The only way they pull Minshew is if his leg falls off.  The guy has won the fanbase and proven it on the field.

(10-27-2019, 07:16 PM)NH3 Wrote: NF7 will be our QB when he's eligible to play. GM15 is playing well but he's not seasoned yet. You don't pay a player such as we did NF7 and then bench him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I just cant wrap my head around this thinking.  Half of the fanbase didn't even want to waste the money on Foles and just draft a QB, now ppl are throwing this salary around like that was a great decision.  That's just another nail in the coffin for this FO since a drafted QB is actually commanding this team.  Minshew is actually saving them from already having pitchforks at the gate.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(10-28-2019, 06:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 08:55 PM)icey14 Wrote: This a big time play, we needed some movment in the chains and Fournette made a really tough catch on a really good throw.

The TV guys were gushing all game about Minshew's ability to read defenses.  If that play was the one I'm thinking of, it was a perfect example- he saw the way the Jets were lined up on defense that Fournette was going to wind up being covered by a DE.  It also happened earlier in the game on a 3rd down play- Minshew saw the Jets lined up with an overload on his left, their right, and he knew a DE would be covering the TE, so he threw it to DeValve for a first down.  

I read an interview the other day with one of the WRs, and he was saying Minshew is not only relaying the play call in the huddle, he's giving little indications with his hands reminding the WRs where they should go on the play.  He said it was like Minshew was not only calling the play, he was explaining the play, and how helpful that is.  

I think the guy just has a very high football IQ.  Someday he'll be an offensive coordinator.
He was about to give it up to coach...

They bench him, I'm lighting the torches
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-28-2019, 04:58 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I just cant wrap my head around this thinking.  Half of the fanbase didn't even want to waste the money on Foles and just draft a QB, now ppl are throwing this salary around like that was a great decision.  That's just another nail in the coffin for this FO since a drafted QB is actually commanding this team.  Minshew is actually saving them from already having pitchforks at the gate.

Stop making up random crap.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...Foles+poll

(10-28-2019, 06:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 04:58 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I just cant wrap my head around this thinking.  Half of the fanbase didn't even want to waste the money on Foles and just draft a QB, now ppl are throwing this salary around like that was a great decision.  That's just another nail in the coffin for this FO since a drafted QB is actually commanding this team.  Minshew is actually saving them from already having pitchforks at the gate.

14 percent, Half - same difference! Lol. 

Cannot believe somebody actually wants thr FO gone that just drafted this GEM in the 6th round along with Josh Allen, who's probably DROY at this stage. 

So JagsFanSince1995, you're saying you want to fire the FO that just drafted the OROY and DROY? A feat 31 other FOs just failed to do?

Wow I'm glad forumers aren't making the decisions for the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVoKCMk1rEE

The last quote from him says it all....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 06:55 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-28-2019, 06:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 04:58 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I just cant wrap my head around this thinking.  Half of the fanbase didn't even want to waste the money on Foles and just draft a QB, now ppl are throwing this salary around like that was a great decision.  That's just another nail in the coffin for this FO since a drafted QB is actually commanding this team.  Minshew is actually saving them from already having pitchforks at the gate.

That's not the only crap that is dripping up there.  A 'nail in the coffin'?  The brought in a QB who they were supposed to be able to predict would get injured in the first quarter of the first game.  Then the quarterback that they drafted has taken over and hasn't missed a beat.  And somehow this is a 'nail in the coffin' against the FO.  That is some really weird [BLEEP] logic.  Really weird.

I mean.. a few people predicted he'd definitely get injured... but 11 plays in? Heh... more fragile than I thought.

(10-28-2019, 07:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I mean.. a few people predicted he'd definitely get injured... but 11 plays in? Heh... more fragile than I thought.

Dude takes a vicious sack while throwing an absolute dime for touchdown and you badmouth him for it. 

Real classy fan.

So your gonna bench the Rookie of The Year for Foles???

(10-28-2019, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 07:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I mean.. a few people predicted he'd definitely get injured... but 11 plays in? Heh... more fragile than I thought.

Dude takes a vicious sack while throwing an absolute dime for touchdown and you badmouth him for it. 

Real classy fan.

"fragile" 

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...38402?s=20