Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gardner Flint Minshew II - (merged threads)

(09-11-2019, 12:49 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: We don’t need him to be another Brady, just manage an efficient offense.

If we can do that and get the defense to shut up and play ball, we might have a chance to win a few games until Foles returns

Every team needs another Brady. Except for the Patriots. The Patriots need another Ryan Leaf.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/10/...hype-video

He’s all we got RN, this made me feel a little better about the guy

Good chat with his college coach here:

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...r-minshew/

I like it... This team cannot get a break when it comes to Quarterback. What rotten luck to have our brand new QB go down in the first quarter of the first game of the season....

sigh...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-11-2019, 01:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good chat with his college coach here:

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...r-minshew/

Great read.

Revitalizes a bit of hope.

Maybe the 'stache saves the season?
Maybe we don't lean on the defense so much as a rookie 6th round QB?

That'd be a great story for sure.

I wouldn't mind the team having some hard decisions regarding QB come week 11 or 12...

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 02:32 PM by dennisp3.)

You will all realize after this week that the stach is the real deal.

I'm all aboard the Minshew bandwagon until the wheels fall off.. Screw it.. I'm tired of getting upset with this team.. Time to put my blinders on.. Ignorance = bliss..

The Legend Continues
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-11-2019, 02:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm all aboard the Minshew bandwagon until the wheels fall off.. Screw Minscrew it.. I'm tired of getting upset with this team.. Time to put my blinders on.. Ignorance = bliss..

The Legend Continues

Oh yeaaaaaah...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Him being able to read the defense is amazing.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 03:12 PM by Mowerguy.)

(09-11-2019, 09:34 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I wish the kid the best but still have my doubts, he played great though, not only for a rookie...

There is another 6th round QB who made it so...

Too early to get hopes up.....but what a display of coolness and accuracy under fire he put on.
Just take each quarter/half/game  as it comes.
Good Luck GMII ! We're with you!
Play yer butt off.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 03:11 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-11-2019, 03:06 PM)uthill Wrote: Him being able to read the defense is amazing.

Sorry, I thought I was on the Terrelle Pryor thread.

Didn't look that good in preseason. I'm not sure if fans are fickle or what but people already saying he can take Fole's job...idk about that.

(09-11-2019, 03:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 03:06 PM)uthill Wrote: Him being able to read the defense is amazing.

Sorry, I thought I was on the Terrelle Pryor thread.

+1 would larf again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 03:17 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Teams haven't even game planned for him yet.  From what I saw, the majority of his passes were released within 3 seconds and were quick flair or out routes.  I expect Houston to play up on our receivers and take away the short 3 yard pass plays.  This will make Minshew have to go through his progression while feeling the heat of the Texans pass rush.

I'm sure hoping he turns out to be a franchise QB but at this point, I'm not placing a lot of emphasis on a QB that was down 37-13 and playing against a very soft KC defense that was giving our WRs a huge cushion.

(09-11-2019, 03:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Teams haven't even game planned for him yet.  From what I saw, the majority of his passes were released within 3 seconds and were quick flair or out routes.  I expect Houston to play up on our receivers and take away the short 3 yard pass plays.  This will make Minshew have to go through his progression while feeling the heat of the Texans pass rush.

I'm sure hoping he turns out to be a franchise QB but at this point, I'm not placing a lot of emphasis on a QB that was down 37-13 and playing against a very soft KC defense that was giving our WRs a huge cushion.
Well that's the majority of most QBs throws who aren't Watson or Mahomes. There were 4 passes that really stuck out to me that give me hope for him as a passer.

1. The back shoulder TD throw to Conley was his best throw of the day. It was a beauty.
2. The "honey hole" throw to Chark down the ride sideline. Fit in there with speed and accuracy.
3. The bomb to Chark where he throws flat footed. He can correct this by really stepping up to throw but boy was it nice.
4. It went unnoticed but the quick hitch he threw to Westbrook for a first down was something we rarely saw here. He threw it before Westbrook came out of his break and it was right on time.

They can play up on the receivers all they want but their corners aren't very good anymore. I would expect Chark and Conley to take advantage of this for big gains.

Just realized from watching Minshew's press conference that he looks and sounds like a beefier Jesse Pinkman

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 04:24 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-11-2019, 09:26 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: minshew would have a great furture with any other team espaissley one with a great offenssive line. Jags don't have a line to protect the guy. I like him,i really liked his desccion makeing,but problom is theres no protection. you can't run for your life all the

time and succeded.  its goin to be a long season again,might as well book 4-12 if we are lucky enough to win 4 games otherwise this team has the look of a 0-16 team for the next few years unless HC is fired,and they hire someone good for a change.

We allowed one sack and Fournette averaged 5.1 ypc.

What OL were you watching?

(09-11-2019, 03:11 PM)jg77 Wrote: Didn't look that good in preseason.  I'm not sure if fans are fickle or what but people already saying he can take Fole's job...idk about that.

He looked very good in preseason. He was making very good decisions and throws. But playing with the 3s/4s limited him. I think a lot of us were interested to see him have time with the starters.

(09-11-2019, 04:05 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Just realized from watching Minshew's press conference that he looks and sounds like a beefier Jesse Pinkman

I was thinking he looks like a dude who should have been one of Will Farrell's teammates in "Semi-Pro". 

[Image: latest?cb=20160119090141]
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-11-2019, 03:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Teams haven't even game planned for him yet.  From what I saw, the majority of his passes were released within 3 seconds and were quick flair or out routes.  I expect Houston to play up on our receivers and take away the short 3 yard pass plays.  This will make Minshew have to go through his progression while feeling the heat of the Texans pass rush.

I did not see any high concentration of the routes  you mentioned. (Maybe 9 or 10 out of 25)

Neither did Chark. 

https://twitter.com/jaguarmavensi/status...91680?s=21

(09-11-2019, 02:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm all aboard the Minshew bandwagon until the wheels fall off.. Screw it.. I'm tired of getting upset with this team.. Time to put my blinders on.. Ignorance = bliss..

The Legend Continues
Welcome aboard! Nothing yu can do about it so fan away!
What a novel concept around here...
[quote pid='1231964' dateline='1568233323']
(09-11-2019, 03:11 PM)jg77 Wrote: Didn't look that good in preseason.  I'm not sure if fans are fickle or what but people already saying he can take Fole's job...idk about that.

He looked very good in preseason. He was making very good decisions and throws. But playing with the 3s/4s limited him. I think a lot of us were interested to see him have time with the starters.
[/quote]
I was hoping he would. I think the kids got something...time will tell. Didn't think it would be this soon though.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]