Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Allen to start for the Broncos vs Cleveland

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1188883657316024321

It will be interesting to see how the kid does!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope Cleveland grinds them into a fine paste.

The Man, the Myth, the Legend.

[Image: usatsi_10249811.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

He's still the second best quarterback that the jaguars have had from the University of Arkansas, and nobody can take that away from him...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-29-2019, 06:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: He's still the second best quarterback that the jaguars have had from the University of Arkansas, and nobody can take that away from him...

The 2016 version of myself is giddy with excitement at the thought of him finally getting an opportunity!

(10-30-2019, 12:24 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 06:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: He's still the second best quarterback that the jaguars have had from the University of Arkansas, and nobody can take that away from him...

The 2016 version of myself is giddy with excitement at the thought of him finally getting an opportunity!

Indeed.
I was super high on him as a project/prospect for us. 

And thought he deserved a shot, glad he's finally getting it.

Best of luck to the young man.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I read an article earlier where Von Miller said he is hoping Allen can bring some of his own magic to the Broncos in the way Minshew brought his Magic to the Jags. Miller seems to respect GM15 which I think is awesome.

(11-01-2019, 11:10 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I read an article earlier where Von Miller said he is hoping Allen can bring some of his own magic to the Broncos in the way Minshew brought his Magic to the Jags. Miller seems to respect GM15 which I think is awesome.

Thanks for that, I agree that it is awesome. Von Miller's being one of the premier defensive players in the NFL lends it major credence, especially where he has played against GM this year.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

What happened to the guy Denver drafted?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-02-2019, 03:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What happened to the guy Denver drafted?

Drew Lock was selected by the Denver Broncos in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. He suffered a thumb injury in the preseason and was placed on injured reserve on September 1, 2019

Their backup is Brett Rypien, rookie undrafted. 

(11-03-2019, 10:10 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 03:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What happened to the guy Denver drafted?

Drew Lock was selected by the Denver Broncos in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. He suffered a thumb injury in the preseason and was placed on injured reserve on September 1, 2019

Their backup is Brett Rypien, rookie undrafted. 

Thanks!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Brandon allen was better than bortles and henne.

(11-03-2019, 06:11 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: Brandon allen was better than bortles and henne.

Are you a troll or just lack of intelligence when it comes to analyzing football games. I can find many games over Blake Bortles career that was better than the one Allen had today so stop with the hating and find something else to do
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-03-2019, 09:44 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:11 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: Brandon allen was better than bortles and henne.

Are you a troll or just lack of intelligence when it comes to analyzing football games. I can find many games over Blake Bortles career that was better than the one Allen had today so stop with the hating and find something else to do

Wow, these are some hot take knee-jerk reactions.. Allen played well against a solid Browns defense. I always liked Allen and wanted him to get a shot here since we all knew Bortles was a stinker for about half of his games. Its not uncommon to see a fresh QB come in and play well, lets see how he's doing in a couple of weeks(If they dont swap him out by then).

John Elway drafted him.... so he's not good.

lol

Remember hearing Elway say "he wasn't ready"
Definitely take a guy in the first round that isn't ready

Lock is currently on IR but has said himself he is healthy and has command of the playbook 
but Elway says he isn't ready

Where the truthers?

(11-17-2019, 05:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Where the truthers?

Imagine where he could be if we had kept him and developed him while trotting out the [BLEEP] show that was Bortles and Kessler.

Well... I don't know if THIS staff could have developed him... but he would have been a cheaper stop gap than Foles while we got the Minshew ready!
Cool

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 12:41 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-18-2019, 04:28 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Where the truthers?

Imagine where he could be if we had kept him and developed him while trotting out the [BLEEP] show that was Bortles and Kessler.

Well... I don't know if THIS staff could have developed him... but he would have been a cheaper stop gap than Foles while we got the Minshew ready!
Cool

Awww...The refreshing sight of intelligent life on earth.  Thank you for being a Jags fan with a sense of how to manage a roster.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.