Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London week against the tinhorns

Dare I say must win before the bye?

Also this:

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/stat...52064?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Haha.
They are a couple of meatheads. Kinda' funny that they're pals.

It's a major test for this team right now. Watson will test the secondary if he gets time in the pocket often enough - and Minshew will need to play well again if he wants a shot at keeping the starting role.
The tinhorns defense is banged up but their secondary could get a couple of players back this week from injury and they added a new starting corner in Conley since we've seen them.

Of course, most importantly, we need a division win.

(10-28-2019, 06:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Haha.
They are a couple of meatheads. Kinda' funny that they're pals.

It's a major test for this team right now.   Watson will test the secondary if he gets time in the pocket often enough -  and Minshew will need to play well again if he wants a shot at keeping the starting role.
The tinhorns defense is banged up but their secondary could get a couple of players back this week from injury and they added a new starting corner in Conley since we've seen them.

Of course, most importantly, we need a division win.

Our next 3 games are all going to be big games. We got 3 straight division games coming up (not counting next week's bye week of course).

Looking forward to this game. Big chance for us to make up for week 2. We held them in check for most of the game but couldn't take advantage on O and Watson put a drive together. Some teams really struggle with the travelling, I cant remember if Houston have played in London before but teams can really not be prepared. If we can hit the bye at 5-4, we have a shot. As others have said, November will decide the South but no one looks unbeatable.

Also going to practice on the Friday. Hopefully meet a few players too. I'll be over the moon to meet Minshew, maybe ask a few myself about Ramsey!!

[BLEEP] it. I am all in. I think we win by at least 6 in London. I think we'll beat indy by at least 3 and I think they'll beat the tacks again in overtime by 6.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

First game in the post Ramsey era against D-Hop. Ramsey was the perfect CB to match up against him because how physical he was, hopefully Bouye can match up. In the game earlier this season Carlos Hyde ran way too much on us, hopefully we can shut that running game down and get to Watson who always holds on to the ball too long. I certainly hope Fuller's hammy keeps him out too, that's a pretty bad matchup Herndon vs Fuller.

Jags need this one!

the only overall winning record bortles had was in london. he lost 1 game in london which was to the eagles. bortles record was 3-1 in london. in the nfl right now minshew is 0-0 in london,and hopeing to improve his overall record as a starter. right now jags are 4-3 with minshew starting.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-28-2019, 09:04 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: the only overall winning record bortles had was in london. he lost 1 game in london which was to the eagles. bortles record was 3-1 in london. in the nfl right now minshew is 0-0 in london,and hopeing to improve his overall record as a starter. right now jags are 4-3 with minshew starting.

Don't forget about Blake Bortles' the playoff stud!

(10-28-2019, 06:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Looking forward to this game. Big chance for us to make up for week 2. We held them in check for most of the game but couldn't take advantage on O and Watson put a drive together. Some teams really struggle with the travelling, I cant remember if Houston have played in London before but teams can really not be prepared. If we can hit the bye at 5-4, we have a shot. As others have said, November will decide the South but no one looks unbeatable.

Also going to practice on the Friday. Hopefully meet a few players too. I'll be over the moon to meet Minshew, maybe ask a few myself about Ramsey!!

Per wikipedia, this is the first game Houston will play in London. They played in Mexico City once.

(10-28-2019, 09:04 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: the only overall winning record bortles had was in london. he lost 1 game in london which was to the eagles. bortles record was 3-1 in london. in the nfl right now minshew is 0-0 in london,and hopeing to improve his overall record as a starter. right now jags are 4-3 with minshew starting.

Actually Snowy, Bortles is 3-2 in London. He also lost to the Cowboys his rookie year. On the bright side, Minshew gets to be the first Jaguars rookie QB to win a game in London.

I definitely want a win in London and I also want us to get healthier coming out of the bye-week.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-28-2019, 06:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Looking forward to this game. Big chance for us to make up for week 2. We held them in check for most of the game but couldn't take advantage on O and Watson put a drive together. Some teams really struggle with the travelling, I cant remember if Houston have played in London before but teams can really not be prepared. If we can hit the bye at 5-4, we have a shot. As others have said, November will decide the South but no one looks unbeatable.

Ramsey shut Hopkins down that game...
No Fun

The game may come down to whether or not Tunsil plays. Their oline has gone from cellar dweller to pretty respectable with him in. It should be right back to teeing off on Watson if he's out.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 08:36 AM by JagFan81.)

(10-29-2019, 12:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Per wikipedia, this is the first game Houston will play in London. They played in Mexico City once.

Thanks, I can be lazy at times!

(10-29-2019, 07:29 AM)nhiverson Wrote:

Ramsey shut Hopkins down that game...

He did shut him down, our problem was not being able to put points on the board. Minshew took us down at the end and we had a chance to tie/win.

I worry that Watson - Hopkins will take over this game.

(10-29-2019, 08:22 AM)Upper Wrote: The game may come down to whether or not Tunsil plays. Their o-line has gone from cellar dweller to pretty respectable with him in. It should be right back to teeing off on Watson if he's out.

Tunsil was a good addition for them.

Interestingly, their highest win rate vs the pass rush (prior to week 8) came from Tytus Howard. 
He's likely out for London with a sprained MCL. 

Their pass blocking win rate as a collective line is exactly the same as the Jags' O-Line. 
61%  

So ask yourself how our d-line would fare against our o-line and that's a rough indicator. The Jags will disrupt Watson, it comes down to keeping him from making plays after pressure. Which he's pretty good at.

(10-29-2019, 08:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tunsil was a good addition for them.

Interestingly, their highest win rate vs the pass rush (prior to week 8) came from Tytus Howard. 

Their pass blocking win rate as a collective line is exactly the same as the Jags' O-Line. 
61%  

So ask yourself how our d-line would fare against our o-line and that's a rough indicator. The Jags will disrupt Watson, it comes down to keeping him from making plays after pressure. Which he's pretty good at.

The only issue is the Jags have Wash. If he sits back in zone and rushes 4 to contain Watson in the pocket, they will get picked apart. Might as well blitz, specially if the LBs are still out as they won't be able to cover great anyways.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(10-29-2019, 09:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

61%  

The only issue is the Jags have Wash. If he sits back in zone and rushes 4 to contain Watson in the pocket, they will get picked apart. Might as well blitz, specially if the LBs are still out as they won't be able to cover great anyways.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Wash hasn't been doing very much "sitting back in zone" the past few weeks unless we have a lead. I'd still like a bit less of it in that situation too, but I get it. 

He did blitz a good bit vs NYJ, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does so again.  Both of Herndon's INTs came with Darnold under pressure when Wash sent 5 guys. 

The difference here is Watson's mobility. Not sure how Wash will approach that. I'd prefer he still sends pressure, but he may elect to "contain" at times.

(10-29-2019, 08:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 08:22 AM)Upper Wrote: The game may come down to whether or not Tunsil plays. Their o-line has gone from cellar dweller to pretty respectable with him in. It should be right back to teeing off on Watson if he's out.

Tunsil was a good addition for them.

61%  

Tunsil leads the league in false starts for offensive linemen. He's been trash.

(10-29-2019, 09:22 AM)rocdee Wrote:

61%  

Tunsil leads the league in false starts for offensive linemen. He's been trash.

Does Tunsil play left tackle better than the other two LTs on the texans roster? 

(hint: he does  - he was a good addition for that team)