Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London week against the tinhorns

(10-29-2019, 09:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:22 AM)rocdee Wrote: Tunsil leads the league in false starts for offensive linemen. He's been trash.

Does Tunsil play left tackle better than the other two LTs on the texans roster? 

(hint: he does  - he was a good addition for that team)

Tunsil was not a good addition for what they 'paid.' He is a penalty machine. Trash.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All in all it will be a good match up for the London fans ....I expect the 'horns to be "favored"
which should be a great motivator for the Jaguars.
Hope the "Minshew Magic" keeps on keepin' on
Let's go JAGS!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-29-2019, 10:02 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Does Tunsil play left tackle better than the other two LTs on the texans roster? 

(hint: he does  - he was a good addition for that team)

Tunsil was not a good addition for what they 'paid.' He is a penalty machine. Trash.

LOL

He has 2 more false starts than Jawaan Taylor and David Bakhtiari. Three more than Brandon Linder and Andrew Whitworth. 

I guess those guys are trash too?

From tinhorns beat writer John McClain:

Quote:Right now, the Texans have so many injuries in the secondary that it’s amazing they were able to beat Oakland. Everybody has had a field day against their secondary. The only healthy starter they have is Justin Reid, their safety. They’ve lost four corners and they don’t know if they’re getting [cornerback] Johnathan Joseph back. [Cornerback] Bradley Roby was playing well; he has been out for a while. They lost [cornerback] Phillip Gaines for the season. [Cornerback] Lonnie Johnson, their second-round pick, was playing well; he got a concussion Sunday and left early, and they don’t know if he will play [Sunday]. [Former Jaguars] Safety Tashaun Gipson is playing really well; he has three different injuries and came out early in the Indianapolis game [in Week 7] and didn’t play at all in the last game. They’ve been hurting in the secondary. Everybody is feasting on them, so I’m guessing the Mustache (Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew II], since he’s so much better than he was in that second game, is going to have a field day against them too.

(10-29-2019, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: From tinhorns beat writer John McClain:

Quote:Right now, the Texans have so many injuries in the secondary that it’s amazing they were able to beat Oakland. Everybody has had a field day against their secondary. The only healthy starter they have is Justin Reid, their safety. They’ve lost four corners and they don’t know if they’re getting [cornerback] Johnathan Joseph back. [Cornerback] Bradley Roby was playing well; he has been out for a while. They lost [cornerback] Phillip Gaines for the season. [Cornerback] Lonnie Johnson, their second-round pick, was playing well; he got a concussion Sunday and left early, and they don’t know if he will play [Sunday]. [Former Jaguars] Safety Tashaun Gipson is playing really well; he has three different injuries and came out early in the Indianapolis game [in Week 7] and didn’t play at all in the last game. They’ve been hurting in the secondary. Everybody is feasting on them, so I’m guessing the Mustache (Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew II], since he’s so much better than he was in that second game, is going to have a field day against them too.

If Minshew can ball out we might have hope

Other thing we have going for us is that we seem to play well in London the past few years.

(10-29-2019, 11:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/11...36769?s=20

please Lawd let these guys play. Well, I'm cool with Lee not playing.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 11:49 AM by Brett.)

I play against Hopkins in fantasy this week. All I'm asking is for us to contain him....please? And a win of course, if I'm being greedy.

Yep, and the Bengals and Jets previews looked fairly similar. That's why I couldn't help but scoff at our injuries piling up.

(10-29-2019, 11:52 AM)Upper Wrote:

Yep, and the Bengals and Jets previews looked fairly similar. That's why I couldn't help but scoff at our injuries piling up.

And I couldn't help but scoff at your inability to interpret a literal statement literally, without a negative spin.

(10-29-2019, 11:52 AM)Upper Wrote:

So because other teams have injury issues, it doesn't mean we can?  Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-29-2019, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 11:52 AM)Upper Wrote: Yep, and the Bengals and Jets previews looked fairly similar. That's why I couldn't help but scoff at our injuries piling up.

And I couldn't help but scoff at your inability to interpret a literal statement literally, without a negative spin.

Again, I was putting positive spin. Just because it's a different conclusion doesn't mean it's negative.

(10-29-2019, 02:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: And I couldn't help but scoff at your inability to interpret a literal statement literally, without a negative spin.

Again, I was putting positive spin. Just because it's a different conclusion doesn't mean it's negative.

When presented with lists of players we had lost your response was "total of zero good players there." 

Really [BLEEP] positive. LOL

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1255661

[BLEEP]·i·tive
/ˈpäzədiv/

adjective
1.consisting in or characterized by the presence or possession of features or qualities rather than their absence.
2.Constructive, optimistic, or confident.
"there needs to be a positive approach to youthful offenders"

Noun
1.a good, affirmative, or constructive quality or attribute.
"take your weaknesses and translate them into positives"

I'm positive we need to avoid being swept by the texans.

(10-29-2019, 02:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: And I couldn't help but scoff at your inability to interpret a literal statement literally, without a negative spin.

You made me cringe when you stated you had kids. I feel bad for them. Never had a chance in life.

Man Marrone is either a liar or the most uniformed guy in the building down there, because now Lee was just placed on IR with that shoulder.

Honestly i've moved on from Lee - it was a mistake to resign that guy, even if it seemed like it was needed at the time. You wanna talk about literally being made of glass...

I dunno how to feel about this game; Houston struggling to beat Oakland after beating the Chiefs is not something I would've expected. Even with all of their injuries, I think Jacksonville NEEDS to punch the ball into the endzone fast and first. They have to let the Dline blitz without fear and hit Watson as often as is possible - which is gonna be tough because he's a great deal more slippery than Dalton or Darnold ever have been.

I could see Jacksonville winning this if Minshew and the offense set the tone and take advantage of all the injuries Houston's suffered on defense.

I still suspect Ramsey purposely dropped that INT / pick-6 against his boy Watson. The replay doesn't have a great angle, but Ramsey had it cradled in both arms, then the ball's on the ground.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/118...17728?s=21

And they promoted Trae Haynes. I’m not liking the injury to Hayden right now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He's also a former Jag....

I wonder how much not having Watt impacts them? Seems like he hasn't been the same recently.