Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London week against the tinhorns

(10-31-2019, 11:34 AM)rocdee Wrote: @NYC, is will fuller playing?

Doubtful

Jags will be w/o Dareus and Hayden on defense. Should get Najee Goode back to hold down weak side LB. Harrison is banged up but likely playing. 

On offense, Westbrook playing through injury.  Cole will get more time with Lee on IR. Oliver says he's 100% now. 

tinhorns will likely be missing two starting corners and a safety (gipson) so I think we'll see Conley, Cole and Westbrook getting plenty of looks if they try to bracket Chark. 

Their OL is hurting too with Tunsil and Howard limited in practice this week.  Should be good news for our pass rush. 

Fuller hasn't practiced this week yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags win BIG!! 42-10. BOOM!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-31-2019, 11:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 11:34 AM)rocdee Wrote: @NYC, is will fuller playing?

Doubtful

Jags will be w/o Dareus and Hayden on defense. Should get Najee Goode back to hold down weak side LB. Harrison is banged up but likely playing. 

On offense, Westbrook playing through injury.  Cole will get more time with Lee on IR. Oliver says he's 100% now. 

tinhorns will likely be missing two starting corners and a safety (gipson) so I think we'll see Conley, Cole and Westbrook getting plenty of looks if they try to bracket Chark. 

Their OL is hurting too with Tunsil and Howard limited in practice this week.  Should be good news for our pass rush. 

Fuller hasn't practiced this week yet.

Thanks.

Yeah, we MUST win this game. No excuses. Getting to 5-4 with the Texans will be huge going into the bye with the Colts on the horizon twice. HUGE game Sunday.

(10-29-2019, 04:27 PM)Nikowho Wrote: Honestly i've moved on from Lee - it was a mistake to resign that guy, even if it seemed like it was needed at the time. You wanna talk about literally being made of glass...

I dunno how to feel about this game; Houston struggling to beat Oakland after beating the Chiefs is not something I would've expected. Even with all of their injuries, I think Jacksonville NEEDS to punch the ball into the endzone fast and first. They have to let the Dline blitz without fear and hit Watson as often as is possible - which is gonna be tough because he's a great deal more slippery than Dalton or Darnold ever have been.

I could see Jacksonville winning this if Minshew and the offense set the tone and take advantage of all the injuries Houston's suffered on defense.

I have to disagree with this. That is, by no means did it seem like it was needed when Lee was resigned. Simply put, that was one of Caldwell's biggest mistakes and he really should have known better. All he's done is use up a bunch of cap space.

(10-29-2019, 05:02 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/118...17728?s=21

And they promoted Trae Haynes. I’m not liking the injury to Hayden right now.

I've always liked Boddy-Calhoun ever since the Jaguars first brought him into the league.
'02

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...52192?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The next three weeks will obviously determine the direction of our season. I think we have to win 2 of 3. I am hoping our solid play in London continues, and we are able to get a big win Sunday

For US fans outside the broadcast area that don't have NFL network, the game is listed at NFL.com as streaming live on yahoo sports.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/live-video/

The Texans can still produce a steady pass rush without Watt. As much as their secondary has taken a hit, LF27 needs to get going early. And for goodness sake, red-zone offense needs to finish the drives with 6. Especially against the Texans.

Must win here if the Jaguars want a serious chance for the division title.

Their secondary is shredded, Minshew and Co. should be able to take advantage of that. No excuses.

Hayden has been dealing with that shoulder/neck injury for a couple weeks now. I remember seeing him laboring and struggling/causing injury timeouts in previous weeks from the same injury multiple times. Hes been battling through it out there for awhile now. Good on him, but it could be a big loss if he isn't able to play this weekend.

Hopefully Goode is back and playing. Our LB core is as thin as it gets.

Jags have begun practice in London this morning.

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...76736?s=20

Does anybody know if nfl.com will have the game streaming on their website or not?

I seem to recall them doing that in previous years. Or am I thinking of something else?

(11-01-2019, 09:05 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Does anybody know if nfl.com will have the game streaming on their website or not?

I seem to recall them doing that in previous years. Or am I thinking of something else?

It’s definitely on the app, not sure about desktop though

(11-01-2019, 09:05 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Does anybody know if nfl.com will have the game streaming on their website or not?

My search yesterday yielded broadcasts on NFL Network,  ABC (locally in Jax area) , and streaming via yahoo sports in the states.  https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/live-video/

It did not specify if the stream was free or required subscription, so you may want to investigate that.

I want one of those games from Minshew. 330 yards and 4 touchdowns kind of game. At least 4 defenders are missing for the Texans including 3 in their secondary and JJ Watt. I think this is the game that will be very telling for GMII

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 09:55 AM by Cleatwood.)

(11-01-2019, 09:50 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I want one of those games from Minshew. 330 yards and 4 touchdowns kind of game. At least 4 defenders are missing for the Texans including 3 in their secondary and JJ Watt. I think this is the game that will be very telling for GMII
Going toe to toe with one of the best QBs in the NFL would be a huge statement for Minshew and the offense. Regardless of outcome, if Minshew comes out here and lights it up, I think he's the starter.

On another note, Bouye said he's traveling with Hopkins Sunday. Time to see if Bouye really is the #1 many people on here thought he was/is.

You GO Big Man!   Banana

(11-01-2019, 08:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags have begun practice in London this morning.

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...76736?s=20

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 10:07 AM by Kane.)

(11-01-2019, 09:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

My search yesterday yielded broadcasts on NFL Network,  ABC (locally in Jax area) , and streaming via yahoo sports in the states.  https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/live-video/

It did not specify if the stream was free or required subscription, so you may want to investigate that.

Yahoo sports is free
streaming the London game via Yahoo sports is only available via a cell phone connection (no desktop, no Roku)

But You can screen mirror phone to Roku if one has said equipment (or mirrorcast or chromecast)

This is new for Bouye. I'm not sure he's done this before.

https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/11...37441?s=20

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 10:13 AM by JagJohn.)

I can definitely see this turning into a bit of a shootout, and I worry that Watson to Hopkins will be the story of the day. Minshew should have a big game, but Watson is playing at a very high level and I'm not sure how we are gonna fare against Hopkins without the scumbag that used to cover him so well.

I think 31-28 Texans in a thriller, Minshew remains QB for the next game. Hope I'm wrong about the score though.

(11-01-2019, 10:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is new for Bouye. I'm not sure he's done this before.

https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/11...37441?s=20

I guess that answers my questions about what the plan is for DHop... Will be fascinating to see how it works out. Get yours Bouye.