Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

Minshew is learning so much!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Minshew is a scholar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

“See there Gardner? Don’t let the defense score. Did you write that down?”

3 drives

3 turnovers

This team.... Depressing

Nick Foles is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

(12-01-2019, 02:38 PM):lol:Cleatwood Wrote: “See there Gardner? Don’t let the defense score. Did you write that down?”

Laughing

(12-01-2019, 02:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “See there Gardner? Don’t let the defense score. Did you write that down?”

Is that not a valid learning point?

Minshew is in.

(12-01-2019, 03:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Minshew is in.

That's what she said...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-01-2019, 04:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 03:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Minshew is in.

That's what she said...

and boom goes the dynamite.

IMO, you take the last few games on the schedule and evaluate the QB position. Do not be opposed to taking a QB in round 1. Just get a better FO and some coaches that will grow with the QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 07:10 PM by mal234.)

I wonder when we will learn Doug's decision on which QB he will be starting for the Jags game. Reporters on Twitter are saying that he stated he wants to take emotion out of things and talk with both Nick and Gardner before he announces his decision. I also saw multiple reporters say they have been doing extra things in practice to help Gardner develop. Gardner says they have been giving him an extra 7 on 7 period during practices to help keep him ready for Sundays. He says he is appreciative of that.

Playing Foles was the worst decision we have made. He still had trade value. Now we are stuck

I think you roll with the future. But that would be our future not the front offices’. They gone. Next regime, I hope they can dump Foles off to another team. Idk if that saves any dead cap or not. If it doesn’t, I say keep Foles as the back up. Sucks but what are you going to do? You can do way worse as a backup than Foles. The point is to win. I was all for getting Foles before the season. Seeing Minshew play regular season I was having Minshew mania. I think it was the right move to start Foles when he came back from injury. But, I feel now you let Minshew learn while playing. I’ll take the mishaps of a 6th round rookie of it comes with the excitement of seeing our franchise QB give us a chance to win.

(12-01-2019, 07:17 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Playing Foles was the worst decision we have made. He still had trade value. Now we are stuck

I don’t know bud... I hate losing but if losing this season with another poor choice by the front office gains us all new coaches and FO... I will take it.

(12-01-2019, 07:17 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Playing Foles was the worst decision we have made. He still had trade value. Now we are stuck

No one would trade for an injured qb without seeing him play. Not at his price.

We're stuck with Foles. Same mistake the Bears made with Glennon. Just have to eat it unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I would start Minshew the remainder of the season. Evaluate the QB position. If he shows me enough, I would say don't draft a QB, but if he doesn't show enough to build upon, I'm drafting a guy with one of the first rounders.

It was clear then and it’s clear now, it’s Minshew.

Once the coaches and FO realized the moment wasn’t too big for the 6th round rookie, he should have started every game.