Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

(10-01-2019, 09:23 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 06:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, I'm pretty sure I'd still want Minshew. He's proven himself with this team through 3 3/4 games. Foles hasn't. Just as most everyone said at the end of the titans game that you don't score by taking the ball away from the guy with hot hands and give it to the guy who had negative yards. Same thing here in my opinion. The only reason they should feel even remotely pressured to put Foles in is because he was paid a boatload of money. But that doesn't guarantee wins. Minshew doesn't either but he's got the hot hands so.....

Man I love the dude and am all-in on Minshew Mania.

But it's only been 4 games. He's still a rookie... we have yet to see the lows (although we got a glimpse with 3 fumbles and 1 lost v Houston)
Foles is a vet. Foles has exp. And using your brain, you go with that, seeing as the "hot hand" has us at 2-2 and not 3-1 or better....
Using your heart, you obviously would ride the stache.

Personally I hope we never see Foles again on the field. I hope Minshew Mania turns into a real long cool story for all of us.
I'm just using the what if scenario of Foles being fully healthy right now... you go with him because it's the smart thing to do. And it's what the coaches would likely do, right now.

But when Foles actually comes back... week 11 or 12... shoot.... Might not be a possibility. If Minshew plays this well (or better?)... certainly at that time the hot hand stays, especially if we're in the playoff hunt.

The whole "hot hand" thing is way over played too. Like "changing the culture". And "half time adjustments"

I see what you're saying and part of me agrees but man...you just don't take the game away from the guy who, at this point, has better chemistry and more actual game time with the team. And we should be 3-1. We would be had they let Minshew do Minshew instead of giving the ball to Fournette. 

It's like others have said, this isn't a bad problem to have but it is frustrating.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some talking heads making similar points as what has been made here.

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2019/09/30/...uarterback

(10-01-2019, 02:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:23 AM)Kane Wrote: Man I love the dude and am all-in on Minshew Mania.

But it's only been 4 games. He's still a rookie... we have yet to see the lows (although we got a glimpse with 3 fumbles and 1 lost v Houston)
Foles is a vet. Foles has exp. And using your brain, you go with that, seeing as the "hot hand" has us at 2-2 and not 3-1 or better....
Using your heart, you obviously would ride the stache.

Personally I hope we never see Foles again on the field. I hope Minshew Mania turns into a real long cool story for all of us.
I'm just using the what if scenario of Foles being fully healthy right now... you go with him because it's the smart thing to do. And it's what the coaches would likely do, right now.

But when Foles actually comes back... week 11 or 12... shoot.... Might not be a possibility. If Minshew plays this well (or better?)... certainly at that time the hot hand stays, especially if we're in the playoff hunt.

The whole "hot hand" thing is way over played too. Like "changing the culture". And "half time adjustments"

I see what you're saying and part of me agrees but man...you just don't take the game away from the guy who, at this point, has better chemistry and more actual game time with the team. And we should be 3-1. We would be had they let Minshew do Minshew instead of giving the ball to Fournette. 

It's like others have said, this isn't a bad problem to have but it is frustrating.

Frustrating for whom?  Not for me.  We have two quarterbacks now that are better than any QB we've had in many years.

you all are crazy. You go with Foles. I am loving what Minshew is doing, but he is still a rookie. He is managing the games well but he is still not Nick freaking Foles... you all have lost your damn minds.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-01-2019, 02:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 02:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I see what you're saying and part of me agrees but man...you just don't take the game away from the guy who, at this point, has better chemistry and more actual game time with the team. And we should be 3-1. We would be had they let Minshew do Minshew instead of giving the ball to Fournette. 

Frustrating for whom?  Not for me.  We have two quarterbacks now that are better than any QB we've had in many years.

Oh, just frustrating in the sense that we have two solid players who deserve to be on the field but there can be only one starter. If Minshew keeps this momentum and he gets benched when Foles comes back that's just going to suck. Seeing how GMll handles everything in stride he'd probably take it better than we would. To me he brings something to this team and fanbase neither have had in a long time- excitement and hope- especially at QB position.

(10-01-2019, 02:54 PM)Ronster Wrote: you all are crazy. You go with Foles. I am loving what Minshew is doing, but he is still a rookie. He is managing the games well but he is still not Nick freaking Foles... you all have lost your damn minds.

I dont know, 6 more weeks of these kind of performances would be a pretty strong argument that Minshew earned/took the job.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If Minshew keeps it up, there no way you can put Foles in, imho.

(10-01-2019, 02:54 PM)Ronster Wrote: you all are crazy. You go with Foles. I am loving what Minshew is doing, but he is still a rookie. He is managing the games well but he is still not Nick freaking Foles... you all have lost your damn minds.

Ain't it great?  

In all seriousness, I have zero trust in rookie quarterbacks no matter how high they are drafted.  That's why I had no trouble with the Foles signing and with not taking a first round quarterback.  To do otherwise would have been to write this team off this season before it started in my estimation with a defense that is built to win now.

That said, so far Minshew is defying history and all logic when it comes to playing that position...  What if he continues to do so?  What if he actually gets better with more experience?

Common sense tells us that Minshew will begin to regress toward the mean, but I'm certainly going to enjoy it while it lasts.  But if he keeps up the pace and continues to defy all logic, I'm not putting him on the bench for Foles.

(10-01-2019, 04:31 PM)scottyg Wrote:

Ain't it great?  

In all seriousness, I have zero trust in rookie quarterbacks no matter how high they are drafted.  That's why I had no trouble with the Foles signing and with not taking a first round quarterback.  To do otherwise would have been to write this team off this season before it started in my estimation with a defense that is built to win now.

That said, so far Minshew is defying history and all logic when it comes to playing that position...  What if he continues to do so?  What if he actually gets better with more experience?

Common sense tells us that Minshew will begin to regress toward the mean, but I'm certainly going to enjoy it while it lasts.  But if he keeps up the pace and continues to defy all logic, I'm not putting him on the bench for Foles.

+1

By the time Foles is healthy enough to return, the offense would have been so used to Minshew they are more familiar with him as QB, than they would be with Foles who they only had during training camp. I can understand if Foles had been the QB last year or the year prior. Only if we are pretty bad and can't get anything going on offense will we see Foles back as starter

You stay with the hot hand .....no question.  Banana 

The only player in the @NFL over the last 30 years (since 1990) to post a 95.0+ passer rating in each of his first four career games.
You don't bench that.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Minshew is 6th in the NFL in passer rating. Even if he falls back to say 10th, you wanna bench that? 

Plus, if you go with Foles for presumably the rest of the season, how or when do you ever find out what Minshew can be? Wait for 2023?

(10-01-2019, 09:50 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Minshew is 6th in the NFL in passer rating. Even if he falls back to say 10th, you wanna bench that? 

Plus, if you go with Foles for presumably the rest of the season, how or when do you ever find out what Minshew can be? Wait for 2023?

I could not agree more. Perfectly stated.

Foles was every bit a question mark when we signed him. Sure, he had a hot run in Philly, but a short sample size and he had never flourished outside of that one environment. Let's not act like he was running alongside Brees, Brady and Big Ben for the last six or seven years. 

Some of you are either related to Foles or remember him like he was Peyton Manning.

(10-01-2019, 09:50 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Minshew is 6th in the NFL in passer rating. Even if he falls back to say 10th, you wanna bench that? 

This ^

Minshew is also #1 in passing rating in the Redzone!

By the time Foles makes it back, our sample size on Minshew will be great enough to compare him to Foles.

Minus a Superbowl that Foles played out of his mind, we should be able to make an educated decision.
Signature goes here.

This guy puts it simply....
GMII is no longer a gimmick .....

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/11...5650743298
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-02-2019, 08:18 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: This guy puts it simply....
GMII is no longer a gimmick .....

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/11...5650743298

+1000

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 10:00 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

Show me a Foles play like Minshew had versus Denver.
Just one.

Bootlegs and throwing off one foot aren't nearly as impressive as what Gardner can do.

Oh and don't use a freaking for Nick Foles.. He's just Nick Foles. He's not Tom freaking Brady or Drew freaking Brees. He's just Nick Foles.

Boycott when Minshew remains the starter!