Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

LoL....well they were paying Henne 6 million a year to hold the clipboard...so yeah....you're right.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Nick Foles, but seems like Gardner is a franchise qb or can be. And if the team believes he can be. You make him your new QB as Foles was just gonna be a stop gap till we drafted one in a year or two.

Keep him as a backup and mentor. Reguardless if we trade, cut him. Were still on the hook for 22 next year. 15 the year after.

Let's see how he plays this weekend.  That Carolina defense is no joke and will be his toughest test yet.

I can't "write off" Foles just yet because we haven't really seen what he can do.  IF Minshew has a good game this week and performs well over the next few weeks perhaps explore redoing Foles' contract might be in order.  At this point I would gladly keep him on the team as a backup.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Minshew's performance over the next several weeks will dictate how this plays out. Might become an easy decision either way. 

Beside's - Foles is like "Mr. December."  Save him up as long as you can. 
 If Minshew keeps taking hits but can keep playing, let Foles get FULLY healed before considering trotting him out there for a potentially banged up Minshew.  (knocks on wood) 

The other option to consider is an offensive package for each and making defenses prepare for both. Ninja

While in the process of proving that he (GM15) belongs, it's unfair to create such an pole for the fans to elaborate on. Even though I'm on the Minshew Mania train, if NF7 didn't get hurt I'm sure that we the fans would be overjoyed w/his playing abilities while GM15 would be holding the clipboard. NF7 is a proven veteran.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-03-2019, 04:38 PM)NH3 Wrote: While in the process of proving that he (GM15) belongs, it's unfair to create such an pole for the fans to elaborate on. Even though I'm on the Minshew Mania train, if NF7 didn't get hurt I'm sure that we the fans would be overjoyed w/his playing abilities while GM15 would be holding the clipboard. NF7 is a proven veteran.

NH3...

I would think when healthy Foles takes back over. Only because he was paid to be the starter.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 05:10 PM by Corriewf.)

(10-03-2019, 04:47 PM)uthill Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 04:38 PM)NH3 Wrote: While in the process of proving that he (GM15) belongs, it's unfair to create such an pole for the fans to elaborate on. Even though I'm on the Minshew Mania train, if NF7 didn't get hurt I'm sure that we the fans would be overjoyed w/his playing abilities while GM15 would be holding the clipboard. NF7 is a proven veteran.

NH3...

I would think when healthy Foles takes back over. Only because he was paid to be the starter.

He wasn’t paid to start, he was paid to win. If another player comes in and has a high percentage to win....

Coaching staff, money, players, they are all a means to an end. There is nothing that matters more to an organization than winning, including the money spent on players.

(10-03-2019, 03:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Minshew's performance over the next several weeks will dictate how this plays out. Might become an easy decision either way. 

If Minshew keeps taking hits but can keep playing, let Foles get FULLY healed before considering trotting him out there for a potentially banged up Minshew.  (knocks on wood) 

The other option to consider is an offensive package for each and making defenses prepare for both. Ninja

Has that ever happened before. I thought about the idea as well..but how realistic is a dual QB threat?

Playing both Foles and Minshew interchangeably: That idea crossed my mind. It has been done successfully at the collegiate level by Bowden at FSU. But I am thinking there is a good reason it is a rarity. After all it is hard enough to get the timing perfected for plays with one play caller!

We definitely are working on creating a Catch 22. The good thing about it is that both guys are team players and will fall in line behind whichever ends up under center. Minshew is doing great for a rookie but Foles is a proven commodity and will be the starter once he is healthy. At least that is the opinion by our household.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Foles has an impressive record coming off the bench.
That is where I would keep him.
I am all in on Gardner Minshew.
If not for Fournette's failed [cough] 2 point conversion against Houston,
Minshew would be 3-0 as a starter.

'Stache Foles on the bench, at the ready.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-03-2019, 05:09 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 04:47 PM)uthill Wrote: I would think when healthy Foles takes back over. Only because he was paid to be the starter.

He wasn’t paid to start, he was paid to win. If another player comes in and has a high percentage to win....

Coaching staff, money, players, they are all a means to an end. There is nothing that matters more to an organization than winning, including the money spent on players.

(10-03-2019, 03:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Minshew's performance over the next several weeks will dictate how this plays out. Might become an easy decision either way. 

Has that ever happened before. I thought about the idea as well..but how realistic is a dual QB threat?

It has.  Never very successfully though. Doesn't mean it couldn't work for a game or two while you figure out which gives you a better shot to win.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 06:24 PM by Jags.)

I was highly in favor of signing Foles even before the end of last season.  I’ve made many posts on here advocating his signing.   The half of a quarter he played he looked good.  But Minshew is young and looks like he can be a franchise QB.  Foles is a guy you’ll only get a few years out of.  

Foles is proven.  I think some on here just feel more comfortable with a guy we know can make all the throws even in the biggest of games.  Minshew has done everything he can to win the job.  Only problem is we aren’t confident he can and will do that week in and week out.  So I see the argument for Foles.  Like others have said, and it isn’t a secret, what Minshew does until Foles’ recovery will determine what happens and who starts.  

Personally, I’m rooting for Minshew.  It’s nice having a competent QB but I won’t lie, the charisma, flair, “legend-ness” of Minshew and it’s national recognition is not just good for us fans but for the organization as well.  It’s about time we had “that” player everyone falls in love with.  Or the guy fans of other teams root for.  How many times have you watched a game (not jags) rooting for a team to win because you like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, etc..   it’s just nice having that guy on the team.  So for me a few selfish reasons, I suppose.  But if he keeps handling business, keep the kid in.  Let him learn more and be possibly one of the next “greats”.

(10-02-2019, 10:45 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 07:26 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: I'm dead serious about my statements. Belittle me all you want, that's your right. If this FO, HC, and DC stay any longer, Minshew can't succeed. But I guess being mediocre is enough for all of you. Carry on in mediocrity.

Think about your statement bud. You want to win, but only with the correct front office? So you’re not a fan of the team, you’re a fan of team staffing? 

I only care about coaching when we are losing.. if we are winning, I don’t care if jaxson de ville is coaching... coaching is a means to an end.

Where did I ever say this exact statement? Never. Moving on. Win or lose this FO, HC, and Dc need to be gone. Period.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(10-06-2019, 05:16 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 10:45 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Think about your statement bud. You want to win, but only with the correct front office? So you’re not a fan of the team, you’re a fan of team staffing? 

I only care about coaching when we are losing.. if we are winning, I don’t care if jaxson de ville is coaching... coaching is a means to an end.

Where did I ever say this exact statement? Never. Moving on. Win or lose this FO, HC, and Dc need to be gone. Period.

Lol, dig that hole deeper.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-06-2019, 05:16 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 10:45 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Think about your statement bud. You want to win, but only with the correct front office? So you’re not a fan of the team, you’re a fan of team staffing? 

You're saying it right there lol. Win or lose, as in, even if they win I want them fired.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 01:31 AM by Eric1.)

I really hope this coaching staff/front office doesn't [BLEEP] this up by forcing Foles back into the starting QB role. He was nothing more than a stop gap QB to begin with and it's looking like we found a real gem in Minshew.

No matter how the rest of this season plays out, you simply can't move on from him. It doesn't matter if Foles is healthy or not. Minshew as a 6th round rookie QB is making plays Foles could never dream of, or a lot QBs for that matter. It's Minshew's team going forward. Be smart about this coaching staff/front office... I don't care how much money you're paying Foles, don't [BLEEP] this up by forcing him back into the line up.

It's a shame we only got a see 11 plays with Foles as the QB, but unless Minshew gets injured, hopefully we don't see Foles take another snap for this team.

Give me the 23 year old rookie with "it", over the 30 year old often injured Vet, who has already hit his peak and that peak being average at best anyways.

This is a no brainer decision going forward. DON'T SCREW THIS UP STAFF/FO!!!!

(10-07-2019, 01:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I really hope this coaching staff/front office doesn't [BLEEP] this up by forcing Foles back into the starting QB role. He was nothing more than a stop gap QB to begin with and it's looking like we found a real gem in Minshew.

No matter how the rest of this season plays out, you simply can't move on from him. It doesn't matter if Foles is healthy or not. Minshew as a 6th round rookie QB is making plays Foles could never dream of, or a lot QBs for that matter. It's Minshew's team going forward. Be smart about this coaching staff/front office... I don't care how much money you're paying Foles, don't [BLEEP] this up by forcing him back into the line up.

It's a shame we only got a see 11 plays with Foles as the QB, but unless Minshew gets injured, hopefully we don't see Foles take another snap for this team.

Give me the 23 year old rookie with "it", over the 30 year old often injured Vet, who has already hit his peak and that peak being average at best anyways.

Going with Minshew probably gives them more job security  Ninja

(10-07-2019, 01:36 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 01:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I really hope this coaching staff/front office doesn't [BLEEP] this up by forcing Foles back into the starting QB role. He was nothing more than a stop gap QB to begin with and it's looking like we found a real gem in Minshew.

Going with Minshew probably gives them more job security  Ninja

Yea because they can use the rookie 6th rounder excuse etc, but I really have a bad feeling they'll try and get cute and force Foles back into the lineup, despite what Minshew is showing/doing.

Reading through Foles history you see a very talented guy that has been hot and cold, and plagued by injuries. The injury he suffered with the Jags in week one is the same he suffered with the eagles. Seems most of his career he has showed greatness, then gotten hurt, and came back cold. The his replacement gets hurt and he comes in hot. Based on prior history, I don’t think he would come back and be a good QB this year. He has already proven in his very short history here to be injury prone. 

Foles has had chance after chance to be a franchise QB. He just can never stay healthy long enough. He was an upgrade from Bortles and a good stop gap for us. He would be a GREAT back up fo Minshew, but no way is the future. He’s 30. If he did right his ship as a franchise QB he has what 7-10 years. Minshew is 23. Minshew could offer 14-17 years of elite talent. 

I don’t fault Minshew for our loses. I fault our defense. Minshew at least keeps us in the game and has made the Jaguars exciting to watch again.

This isn’t even a question anymore. It’s Minny’s team now. Kid is a legend already.

(10-07-2019, 04:34 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This isn’t even a question anymore. It’s Minny’s team now. Kid is a legend already.

Minny? Like the mouse? That's the nickname you're rolling with?