Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New here! And from across the pond.

How’s it going ladies and gents? Wanted to sign up and ask some questions on the Jags. I’m from the UK and though I’ve been following the NFL a little bit for a couple of years now I’m not clued up on the team.The Jaguars are regarded as the UK’s team above the rest due to the commitment and I guess the overall community.

Who’s the standout/top players for the Jags and are they a overall well balanced team in all areas or do they have better defence then offence and vice versa?

Thanks guys?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welcome!

The Jags came into this season hoping to improve their offense to match what was a very competitive defense.
As the season has gone over 8 games, the offense indeed has improved under a new coordinator and QB(s), but the defense has taken a bit of a step back. The defense still plays very well at times, but have been outmatched in a few contests.

Top players to watch on offense are QB Minshew 15, WR Chark 17 (also Conley 18 and Westbrook 12) , RB Fournette 27.

Players to watch on defense include CB AJ Bouye 21, CB Herndon 37, Pass Rushers: Campbell 93, Allen 41, Ngakoue 91
- and on special teams - Kicker, Josh Lambo 4

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 01:05 PM by JagSwag.)

Welcome, are you going on Sunday?

(10-31-2019, 12:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Welcome!

The Jags came into this season hoping to improve their offense to match what was a very competitive defense.
As the season has gone over 8 games, the offense indeed has improved under a new coordinator and QB(s), but the defense has taken a bit of a step back. The defense still plays very well at times, but have been outmatched in a few contests.

Top players to watch on offense are QB Minshew 15, WR Chark 17 (also Conley 18 and Westbrook 12) , RB Fournette 27.

Players to watch on defense include CB AJ Bouye 21, CB Herndon 37,  Pass Rushers: Campbell 93, Allen 41, Ngakoue 91
- and on special teams - Kicker, Josh Lambo 4

Thanks mate really appreciate the information. Looking forward to the game here at Wembley on Sunday!

g'day mate!!??

(10-31-2019, 01:16 PM)rocdee Wrote: g'day mate!!??

I believe that would be the greeting for somebody from "down undah".  Crikey! LOL
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Sounds more Australian "g'day mate" Wink

(10-31-2019, 01:22 PM)Flash95 Wrote:

Sounds more Australian "g'day mate" Wink

aw hell, mate! forgive me, chap

(10-31-2019, 01:30 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:22 PM)Flash95 Wrote: Sounds more Australian "g'day mate" Wink

aw hell, mate! forgive me, chap

Hahaha love the banter! Though we don't really say chap either haha. Mostly 'Mate' or 'Geezer' or even 'Buddy' :p

(10-31-2019, 01:41 PM)Flash95 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:30 PM)rocdee Wrote: aw hell, mate! forgive me, chap

Hahaha love the banter! Though we don't really say chap either haha. Mostly 'Mate' or 'Geezer' or even 'Buddy' :p

rocdee gets an "A" for effort at least.  

We do have a handful of regular or semi-regular UK based posters here.  Stick around and you'll encounter them eventually.  Untrustworthy blokes, the lot of them, but they've grown on me.

(10-31-2019, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:41 PM)Flash95 Wrote: Hahaha love the banter! Though we don't really say chap either haha. Mostly 'Mate' or 'Geezer' or even 'Buddy' :p

We do have a handful of regular or semi-regular UK based posters here.  Stick around and you'll encounter them eventually.  Untrustworthy blokes, the lot of them, but they've grown on me.
A true Brit through and through you can trust and count on ?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 02:01 PM by Dockerill91.)

(10-31-2019, 12:41 PM)Flash95 Wrote: How’s it going ladies and gents? Wanted to sign up and ask some questions on the Jags. I’m from the UK and though I’ve been following the NFL a little bit for a couple of years now I’m not clued up on the team.The Jaguars are regarded as the UK’s team above the rest due to the commitment and I guess the overall community.

Who’s the standout/top players for the Jags and are they a overall well balanced team in all areas or do they have better defence then offence and vice versa?

Thanks guys?

Hey mate! Where abouts in the UK? I’m from Birmingham here.

Let me tell you, it is not going to be an easy road as a Jags fan, but it’s worth it! Definitely a great board here to be apart of!

(10-31-2019, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:41 PM)Flash95 Wrote: Hahaha love the banter! Though we don't really say chap either haha. Mostly 'Mate' or 'Geezer' or even 'Buddy' :p

You’re right not to trust us!

(10-31-2019, 12:41 PM)Flash95 Wrote: How’s it going ladies and gents? Wanted to sign up and ask some questions on the Jags. I’m from the UK and though I’ve been following the NFL a little bit for a couple of years now I’m not clued up on the team.The Jaguars are regarded as the UK’s team above the rest due to the commitment and I guess the overall community.

Thanks guys?

On offense. Keep an eye on #27 - Fournette at RB, #17 - Chark at WR, #15 - Minshew at QB
On defense. Keep an eye on #41 - Allen at DE, #91 - Ngakoue at DE, #93 Campbell at DE

And of course #1. That's you. We need you guys over there to support our boys across the pond. Appreciate you all and the relationship we all share now thanks to Khan and his family. Cheer them on and welcome aboard!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You have to go back.

Is this one of them guys that talks funny?

Oui!
Enjoy the game !
Make lots of noise then the texans -aka tinhorns ......are on third down, especially when its 3rd and short.
Welcome mate!   Banana
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-31-2019, 02:00 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:

Thanks guys?

Hey mate! Where abouts in the UK? I’m from Birmingham here.

Let me tell you, it is not going to be an easy road as a Jags fan, but it’s worth it! Definitely a great board here to be apart of!

(10-31-2019, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: rocdee gets an "A" for effort at least.  

Never trust a Brummie ?? I’m from Cambridgeshire pal. I live in East Anglia to my American friends.

(10-31-2019, 03:14 PM)Flash95 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 02:00 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Hey mate! Where abouts in the UK? I’m from Birmingham here.

Never trust a Brummie ?? I’m from Cambridgeshire pal. I live in East Anglia to my American friends.

What’s wrong with Brummies! 

Not to speak on behalf of the Americans, but I would bet they know Cambridgeshire more than they know East Anglia!

(10-31-2019, 03:14 PM)Flash95 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 02:00 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Hey mate! Where abouts in the UK? I’m from Birmingham here.

I like England, have been there for a few visits including a Jaguars' game. Wembley is a pretty cool stadium. Have fun and cheer loud!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-31-2019, 02:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Thanks guys?

On offense. Keep an eye on #27 - Fournette at RB, #17 - Chark at WR, #15 - Minshew at QB
On defense. Keep an eye on #41 - Allen at DE, #91 - Ngakoue at DE, #93 Campbell at DE

And of course #1. That's you. We need you guys over there to support our boys across the pond. Appreciate you all and the relationship we all share now thanks to Khan and his family. Cheer them on and welcome aboard!
I'm sure the win is ours on Sunday and the crowd which is going to be majority Jags will carry them through