Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New here! And from across the pond.

I drank beers in the UK before!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 03:48 PM by Flash95.)

(10-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:14 PM)Flash95 Wrote: Never trust a Brummie ?? I’m from Cambridgeshire pal. I live in East Anglia to my American friends.

What’s wrong with Brummies! 

Not to speak on behalf of the Americans, but I would bet they know Cambridgeshire more than they know East Anglia!

I'm playing haha. Though I don't know anyone from Birmingham I do like the accent though it isn't popular amongst the others. Bloody hard to do as well haha. Yeah fair play they probably would my bad.

(10-31-2019, 03:39 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:14 PM)Flash95 Wrote: Never trust a Brummie ?? I’m from Cambridgeshire pal. I live in East Anglia to my American friends.

I like England, have been there for a few visits including a Jaguars' game. Wembley is a pretty cool stadium. Have fun and cheer loud!

The new Spurs stadium which is state of the art, I'd love to go to for a NFL game. It was purposely built for NFL games also with the mechanical rollers that bring out the NFL pitch from under the stadium as well as bigger changing rooms to accommodate the larger rosters.

(10-31-2019, 03:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I drank beers in the UK before!

Where about's London?

(10-31-2019, 03:43 PM)Flash95 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:39 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I like England, have been there for a few visits including a Jaguars' game. Wembley is a pretty cool stadium. Have fun and cheer loud!

The new Spurs stadium which is state of the art, I'd love to go to for a NFL game. It was purposely built for NFL games also with the mechanical rollers that bring out the NFL pitch from under the stadium as well as bigger changing rooms to accommodate the larger rosters.

I've heard it's pretty good, maybe on the next trip we can see an NFL game there or maybe even a 'Spurs match.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Flash95, welcome! Thanks for showing some love to our Jaguars across the pond. Cheer for us as much as you can!

(10-31-2019, 03:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I drank beers in the UK before!

I'm drinking beers in the UK now.

The other fellas covered some main current players, so I’ll do a very brief intro to the history of the squad you’re signing up for.

The Jags are one of the youngest franchises in the NFL, around 25 years old, and unquestionably one of the true underdog teams throughout their history. Jacksonville has no other major US sport pro team, and many were shocked when they were awarded a team. The national media, to this day, poops on the team and fans HARD, for being a smaller market. Despite being expected to assume their rightful position as doormat, the Jaguars found nearly unprecedented early success as a franchise, along with their expansion brothers the Panthers.

Jacksonville recovered from a bumpy start in their second season, winning six of their final seven games, and squeaking into the playoffs. The young squad found themselves heavy underdogs on the road against the Buffalo Bills, who were led by future Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly. The Jags won, and retired Kelly in the process. The next week, they faced the Super Bowl favorite Broncos, in a match no one gave them even a remote chance in. The national media poured on every bad joke and stupid pun possible, and the Broncos laughed their way to an early exit, as the Jags triumphed again. This victory is widely considered one of the absolute biggest upsets in NFL playoff history. The Jags would lose the following week to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

The Jags made the playoffs from ‘96-‘99, including going 14-2 in ‘99. That year their only two losses came against their division rival, the putrid detestable stinkin tacks (Tennessee Titans, though we retch to speak their name). The ‘99 Jags were up to their old ways, retiring HoF QBs, this time Dan Marino in a 62-7 blowout in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They had made the AFC Championship game again, one win from a Super Bowl berth, and the only team standing in their way was the aforementioned despicable stain of filth known as the Titans. Tragically, the Jags fell again, ending a 15-3 season with all 3 losses coming to Tennessee. Years later it was revealed the Titans’ coaches had obtained copies of the Jags playbooks that season, and so we are left to wonder what might have been if those games had been played in a spirit of honest competition and integrity. Titans coaches were the ones who came out admitting about this controversy, so this isn’t loser speculation/excuse making. The much delayed reveal combined with the fact the Jags are considered afterthoughts to much of the country resulted in the foul play never really garnering much attention from national media, but Jags fans remember. We remember.

The early squads for the Jags were led by Tom Coughlin as head coach, and an explosive offense. QB Mark Brunell, LT Tony Boselli, WRs Jimmy Smith & Keenan McCardell, and RBs Fred Taylor and Jimmy Stewart are some important players to recognize from those early offenses.

After the heartbreak of ‘99, the Jags kind of came unraveled, with severe salary cap issues. Eventually Coughlin would be let go, and Jack Del Rio would take his place as head coach. This is probably already longer than you care to read so I’ll go super summary from here:

The Jags struggled to regain relevancy as nationally they alternated between being a punchline, and being forgotten about completely. Some free agent players saw the team as a paid vacation, so fans tend to be fiercely loyal and protective of those Jags who played their hearts out for us on bad teams, knowing they could probably find more success/recognition elsewhere. Over the years, the Jaguars developed an identity of being known for running the football, and tough defense.
Our original owner Wayne Weaver sold the team to our current one, Shad Khan. An extremely impressive man, he came to the US at like age 16 with something nutty like $500 or so, got his education, and built himself into a billionaire, and the first ever non-white owner of an NFL franchise, which, personally, I think is ultra cool. He poured a ton of money into the Jaguar facilities, giving our players every advantage and opportunity to succeed. I like him.

Two seasons ago the Jags again returned to the AFC Championship Game, again losing in controversial fashion, this time to the Patriots (Myles Jack Wasn’t Down). The arrow is pointing up for this team with a young QB currently turning heads all over the league.

As an out of town fan (Virginia boy) with no ties to Jax, other than fandom since ‘96, welcome aboard brother. You made the right choice. The Jaguars were maligned for playing overseas by all the other fanbases, but our ownership wanted to establish a true footing there- he’s committed to you guys just as he is to Jax. We volunteered to play in front of you guys when other teams saw it as punishment or tried to pull strings to avoid it. Shad deserves UK fans. The Jags deserve fans.

Ever the underdog, never the doormat. Go Jags baby.

Duuuuvvaaaalllll

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 09:06 PM by Brett.)

(10-31-2019, 08:14 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: The other fellas covered some main current players, so I’ll do a very brief intro to the history of the squad you’re signing up for.

The Jags are one of the youngest franchises in the NFL, around 25 years old, and unquestionably one of the true underdog teams throughout their history. Jacksonville has no other major US sport pro team, and many were shocked when they were awarded a team. The national media, to this day, poops on the team and fans HARD, for being a smaller market. Despite being expected to assume their rightful position as doormat, the Jaguars found nearly unprecedented early success as a franchise, along with their expansion brothers the Panthers.

Jacksonville recovered from a bumpy start in their second season, winning six of their final seven games, and squeaking into the playoffs. The young squad found themselves heavy underdogs on the road against the Buffalo Bills, who were led by future Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly. The Jags won, and retired Kelly in the process. The next week, they faced the Super Bowl favorite Broncos, in a match no one gave them even a remote chance in. The national media poured on every bad joke and stupid pun possible, and the Broncos laughed their way to an early exit, as the Jags triumphed again. This victory is widely considered one of the absolute biggest upsets in NFL playoff history. The Jags would lose the following week to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

The Jags made the playoffs from ‘96-‘99, including going 14-2 in ‘99. That year their only two losses came against their division rival, the putrid detestable stinkin tacks (Tennessee Titans, though we retch to speak their name). The ‘99 Jags were up to their old ways, retiring HoF QBs, this time Dan Marino in a 62-7 blowout in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They had made the AFC Championship game again, one win from a Super Bowl berth, and the only team standing in their way was the aforementioned despicable stain of filth known as the Titans. Tragically, the Jags fell again, ending a 15-3 season with all 3 losses coming to Tennessee. Years later it was revealed the Titans’ coaches had obtained copies of the Jags playbooks that season, and so we are left to wonder what might have been if those games had been played in a spirit of honest competition and integrity. Titans coaches were the ones who came out admitting about this controversy, so this isn’t loser speculation/excuse making. The much delayed reveal combined with the fact the Jags are considered afterthoughts to much of the country resulted in the foul play never really garnering much attention from national media, but Jags fans remember. We remember.

The early squads for the Jags were led by Tom Coughlin as head coach, and an explosive offense. QB Mark Brunell, LT Tony Boselli, WRs Jimmy Smith & Keenan McCardell, and RBs Fred Taylor and Jimmy Stewart are some important players to recognize from those early offenses.

After the heartbreak of ‘99, the Jags kind of came unraveled, with severe salary cap issues. Eventually Coughlin would be let go, and Jack Del Rio would take his place as head coach. This is probably already longer than you care to read so I’ll go super summary from here:

The Jags struggled to regain relevancy as nationally they alternated between being a punchline, and being forgotten about completely. Some free agent players saw the team as a paid vacation, so fans tend to be fiercely loyal and protective of those Jags who played their hearts out for us on bad teams, knowing they could probably find more success/recognition elsewhere. Over the years, the Jaguars developed an identity of being known for running the football, and tough defense.
Our original owner Wayne Weaver sold the team to our current one, Shad Khan. An extremely impressive man, he came to the US at like age 16 with something nutty like $500 or so, got his education, and built himself into a billionaire, and the first ever non-white owner of an NFL franchise, which, personally, I think is ultra cool. He poured a ton of money into the Jaguar facilities, giving our players every advantage and opportunity to succeed. I like him.

Two seasons ago the Jags again returned to the AFC Championship Game, again losing in controversial fashion, this time to the Patriots (Myles Jack Wasn’t Down). The arrow is pointing up for this team with a young QB currently turning heads all over the league.

As an out of town fan (Virginia boy) with no ties to Jax, other than fandom since ‘96, welcome aboard brother. You made the right choice. The Jaguars were maligned for playing overseas by all the other fanbases, but our ownership wanted to establish a true footing there- he’s committed to you guys just as he is to Jax. We volunteered to play in front of you guys when other teams saw it as punishment or tried to pull strings to avoid it. Shad deserves UK fans. The Jags deserve fans.

Ever the underdog, never the doormat. Go Jags baby.

Duuuuvvaaaalllll

Good write up even for us regular fans to read! And it's interesting you are also an out of town fan who has no ties to Jacksonville. Same here, growing up in Cincinnati most of my childhood (and then Missisippi and then Tennessee) and never lived a day in the state of Florida. I think we are just as important as those fans living in Jacksonville.

(10-31-2019, 08:14 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: After the heartbreak of ‘99, the Jags kind of came unraveled, with severe salary cap issues.  Eventually Coughlin would be let go, and Jack Del Rio would take his place as head coach.  This is probably already longer than you care to read so I’ll go super summary from here:

The Jags struggled to regain relevancy as nationally they alternated between being a punchline, and being forgotten about completely.  Some free agent players saw the team as a paid vacation, so fans tend to be fiercely loyal and protective of those Jags who played their hearts out for us on bad teams, knowing they could probably find more success/recognition elsewhere.  Over the years, the Jaguars developed an identity of being known for running the football, and tough defense.  
Our original owner Wayne Weaver sold the team to our current one, Shad Khan.  An extremely impressive man, he came to the US at like age 16 with something nutty like $500 or so, got his education, and built himself into a billionaire, and the first ever non-white owner of an NFL franchise, which, personally, I think is ultra cool.  He poured a ton of money into the Jaguar facilities, giving our players every advantage and opportunity to succeed.  I like him.

I think you sold the Del Rio "keep chopping wood" era a little short. Ultimately it was unsuccessful but there were two great seasons, making the playoffs in 2005 and 2007 and having a really fun playoff run in 2007, that year being the *first* time the Jags beat the Steelers at home twice. The 2010 season was also competitive with a chance to win the division twice in the last two games but falling short in both games. Those losses ultimately led to Del Rio's dismissal although it wouldn't happen until the following year. He was a good leader if not a great coach.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 09:38 PM by RedRooster28.)

I realized how long it was getting, and hit fast-forward mode to avoid the post being so long as to deter interest. Believe me, once I got started I wanted to go, in detail, through it all, haha. I typed several paragraphs about the JDR era, the playoff win in Pitt (touching on our rivalry there from the AFC Central days), etc, but decided to remove them and if the OP wanted more I could always fill out the rest later.

But yeah, it hurt to leave out names like MJD, Rashean Mathis, Daryl Smith, John Henderson, and Marcedes Lewis. Absolutely they are integral pieces of Jags history and I intended no disrespect. Just editing decisions or what have you to avoid overloading.

Duuuuuuvaaal!!!!
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(10-31-2019, 08:14 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: The other fellas covered some main current players, so I’ll do a very brief intro to the history of the squad you’re signing up for.

The Jags are one of the youngest franchises in the NFL, around 25 years old, and unquestionably one of the true underdog teams throughout their history.  Jacksonville has no other major US sport pro team, and many were shocked when they were awarded a team.  The national media, to this day, poops on the team and fans HARD, for being a smaller market.  Despite being expected to assume their rightful position as doormat, the Jaguars found nearly unprecedented early success as a franchise, along with their expansion brothers the Panthers.

Jacksonville recovered from a bumpy start in their second season, winning six of their final seven games, and squeaking into the playoffs.  The young squad found themselves heavy underdogs on the road against the Buffalo Bills, who were led by future Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly.  The Jags won, and retired Kelly in the process.  The next week, they faced the Super Bowl favorite Broncos, in a match no one gave them even a remote chance in.  The national media poured on every bad joke and stupid pun possible, and the Broncos laughed their way to an early exit, as the Jags triumphed again.  This victory is widely considered one of the absolute biggest upsets in NFL playoff history.  The Jags would lose the following week to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

The Jags made the playoffs from ‘96-‘99, including going 14-2 in ‘99.  That year their only two losses came against their division rival, the putrid detestable stinkin tacks (Tennessee Titans, though we retch to speak their name).  The ‘99 Jags were up to their old ways, retiring HoF QBs, this time Dan Marino in a 62-7 blowout in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  They had made the AFC Championship game again, one win from a Super Bowl berth, and the only team standing in their way was the aforementioned despicable stain of filth known as the Titans.  Tragically, the Jags fell again, ending a 15-3 season with all 3 losses coming to Tennessee.  Years later it was revealed the Titans’ coaches had obtained copies of the Jags playbooks that season, and so we are left to wonder what might have been if those games had been played in a spirit of honest competition and integrity.  Titans coaches were the ones who came out admitting about this controversy, so this isn’t loser speculation/excuse making.  The much delayed reveal combined with the fact the Jags are considered afterthoughts to much of the country resulted in the foul play never really garnering much attention from national media, but Jags fans remember.  We remember.

The early squads for the Jags were led by Tom Coughlin as head coach, and an explosive offense.  QB Mark Brunell, LT Tony Boselli, WRs Jimmy Smith & Keenan McCardell, and RBs Fred Taylor and Jimmy Stewart are some important players to recognize from those early offenses.

After the heartbreak of ‘99, the Jags kind of came unraveled, with severe salary cap issues.  Eventually Coughlin would be let go, and Jack Del Rio would take his place as head coach.  This is probably already longer than you care to read so I’ll go super summary from here:

The Jags struggled to regain relevancy as nationally they alternated between being a punchline, and being forgotten about completely.  Some free agent players saw the team as a paid vacation, so fans tend to be fiercely loyal and protective of those Jags who played their hearts out for us on bad teams, knowing they could probably find more success/recognition elsewhere.  Over the years, the Jaguars developed an identity of being known for running the football, and tough defense.  
Our original owner Wayne Weaver sold the team to our current one, Shad Khan.  An extremely impressive man, he came to the US at like age 16 with something nutty like $500 or so, got his education, and built himself into a billionaire, and the first ever non-white owner of an NFL franchise, which, personally, I think is ultra cool.  He poured a ton of money into the Jaguar facilities, giving our players every advantage and opportunity to succeed.  I like him.

Two seasons ago the Jags again returned to the AFC Championship Game, again losing in controversial fashion, this time to the Patriots (Myles Jack Wasn’t Down).  The arrow is pointing up for this team with a young QB currently turning heads all over the league.

As an out of town fan (Virginia boy) with no ties to Jax, other than fandom since ‘96, welcome aboard brother.  You made the right choice.  The Jaguars were maligned for playing overseas by all the other fanbases, but our ownership wanted to establish a true footing there- he’s committed to you guys just as he is to Jax.  We volunteered to play in front of you guys when other teams saw it as punishment or tried to pull strings to avoid it.  Shad deserves UK fans.  The Jags deserve fans.

Ever the underdog, never the doormat.  Go Jags baby.

Duuuuvvaaaalllll

Fantastic read. Thank you for that.

The Jags are one of the youngest franchises in the NFL, around 25 years old, and unquestionably one of the true underdog teams throughout their history.  Jacksonville has no other major US sport pro team, and many were shocked when they were awarded a team.  The national media, to this day, poops on the team and fans HARD, for being a smaller market.  Despite being expected to assume their rightful position as doormat, the Jaguars found nearly unprecedented early success as a franchise, along with their expansion brothers the Panthers.

Jacksonville recovered from a bumpy start in their second season, winning six of their final seven games, and squeaking into the playoffs.  The young squad found themselves heavy underdogs on the road against the Buffalo Bills, who were led by future Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly.  The Jags won, and retired Kelly in the process.  The next week, they faced the Super Bowl favorite Broncos, in a match no one gave them even a remote chance in.  The national media poured on every bad joke and stupid pun possible, and the Broncos laughed their way to an early exit, as the Jags triumphed again.  This victory is widely considered one of the absolute biggest upsets in NFL playoff history.  The Jags would lose the following week to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

The Jags made the playoffs from ‘96-‘99, including going 14-2 in ‘99.  That year their only two losses came against their division rival, the putrid detestable stinkin tacks (Tennessee Titans, though we retch to speak their name).  The ‘99 Jags were up to their old ways, retiring HoF QBs, this time Dan Marino in a 62-7 blowout in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  They had made the AFC Championship game again, one win from a Super Bowl berth, and the only team standing in their way was the aforementioned despicable stain of filth known as the Titans.  Tragically, the Jags fell again, ending a 15-3 season with all 3 losses coming to Tennessee.  Years later it was revealed the Titans’ coaches had obtained copies of the Jags playbooks that season, and so we are left to wonder what might have been if those games had been played in a spirit of honest competition and integrity.  Titans coaches were the ones who came out admitting about this controversy, so this isn’t loser speculation/excuse making.  The much delayed reveal combined with the fact the Jags are considered afterthoughts to much of the country resulted in the foul play never really garnering much attention from national media, but Jags fans remember.  We remember.

The early squads for the Jags were led by Tom Coughlin as head coach, and an explosive offense.  QB Mark Brunell, LT Tony Boselli, WRs Jimmy Smith & Keenan McCardell, and RBs Fred Taylor and Jimmy Stewart are some important players to recognize from those early offenses.

After the heartbreak of ‘99, the Jags kind of came unraveled, with severe salary cap issues.  Eventually Coughlin would be let go, and Jack Del Rio would take his place as head coach.  This is probably already longer than you care to read so I’ll go super summary from here:

Two seasons ago the Jags again returned to the AFC Championship Game, again losing in controversial fashion, this time to the Patriots (Myles Jack Wasn’t Down).  The arrow is pointing up for this team with a young QB currently turning heads all over the league.

As an out of town fan (Virginia boy) with no ties to Jax, other than fandom since ‘96, welcome aboard brother.  You made the right choice.  The Jaguars were maligned for playing overseas by all the other fanbases, but our ownership wanted to establish a true footing there- he’s committed to you guys just as he is to Jax.  We volunteered to play in front of you guys when other teams saw it as punishment or tried to pull strings to avoid it.  Shad deserves UK fans.  The Jags deserve fans.

Ever the underdog, never the doormat.  Go Jags baby.

Duuuuvvaaaalllll
I really enjoyed reading that thanks my man! Definitely needed to know that. Yes Khan is a beast and cool dude. He owns A English football team also ‘Fulham’ so he has strong ties to the UK and of course the Jags are majority the UK’s team. Think I read somewhere at the start of NFL games being played here, shirt sales for the Jags were at the bottom. Now it’s at the top!!!

Here's a UK based article with some good prologue for those in need of info:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/jaguars...75596.html

(11-01-2019, 04:03 AM)Flnash95 Wrote: I really enjoyed reading that thanks my man! Definitely needed to know that. Yes Khan is a beast and cool dude. He owns A English football team also ‘Fulham’ so he has strong ties to the UK and of course the Jags are majority the UK’s team. Think I read somewhere at the start of NFL games being played here, shirt sales for the Jags were at the bottom. Now it’s at the top!!!

Hmmm...
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-31-2019, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:41 PM)Flash95 Wrote: Hahaha love the banter! Though we don't really say chap either haha. Mostly 'Mate' or 'Geezer' or even 'Buddy' :p

rocdee gets an "A" for effort at least.  

We do have a handful of regular or semi-regular UK based posters here.  Stick around and you'll encounter them eventually.  Untrustworthy blokes, the lot of them, but they've grown on me.

I think that's the nicest going you've said to me Smile 
(10-31-2019, 02:00 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 12:41 PM)Flash95 Wrote: How’s it going ladies and gents? Wanted to sign up and ask some questions on the Jags. I’m from the UK and though I’ve been following the NFL a little bit for a couple of years now I’m not clued up on the team.The Jaguars are regarded as the UK’s team above the rest due to the commitment and I guess the overall community.

Who’s the standout/top players for the Jags and are they a overall well balanced team in all areas or do they have better defence then offence and vice versa?

Thanks guys?

Hey mate! Where abouts in the UK? I’m from Birmingham here.

What part of Brum you from?

Someone needs to post the gif of the Jag fan in disbelief so he knows how to react to the defensive zone plays called by Wash.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Welcome man! I believe we have some of the best fans in the NFL. We and our team won't be recognized as much as others in the NFL (some reasons earned, but others are just #becauseJaguars). But, in the end, the fans here have tremendous heart and can be a tremendous value to the team. We welcome people who truly want to be a fan of this organization. It takes a lot of strength some years and the ability to shove the criticism back in the face of others. But there is a lot of pride (and heartache lol) being a fan of this team.

We are so hungry for our first taste of a Super Bowl and victory; as we have had a few times of being so close to it. And we have some very young and talented pieces to get there. It's hopefully just a matter of time and some luck here and there. Boooo the heck out of the tin horns and be extra loud when we're on defense. Our players thrive when the crowd is intense.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(11-01-2019, 08:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's a UK based article with some good prologue for those in need of info:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/jaguars...75596.html

Caught myself reading this but with J.P’s voice in my head... anyone else?

Tennessee. Years later it was revealed the Titans’ coaches had obtained copies of the Jags playbooks that season!!!!

Is this true?? I haven't heard that before...if so it makes me so angry....I remember how crushed I was after that game.....and then crushed again in 17.... especially living in pats nation....so angry and the way we lost!! Felt robbed.... but then to hear this about the Titans.... brings it all back....I get so fired up