Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
US added 128,000 Jobs in October 2019

October jobs report is out.  Need another 3 or 4 years of this type of good news then I can ride off into the sunset. Smile

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/01/economy/o...index.html

"US employers added 128,000 jobs in October, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said in its monthly jobs report.  Meanwhile, the unemployment rate rose slightly to 3.6%, but it was for a good reason: 325,000 Americans started looking for work."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2019, 10:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: October jobs report is out.  Need another 3 or 4 years of this type of good news then I can ride off into the sunset. Smile

"US employers added 128,000 jobs in October, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said in its monthly jobs report.  Meanwhile, the unemployment rate rose slightly to 3.6%, but it was for a good reason: 325,000 Americans started looking for work."

No worries, you'll get at least 5 before Trump is gone. I need an additional 5 after that point, but one day at a time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 11:18 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

5 more years of watching Netflix to avoid mainstream media (incl CNN, MSNBC, and Fox)?  I sure hope they have the resources to keep me entertained.

I waiting for StrowdCrowd to chime in with his "Mods, please move this to the Winning thread"

(11-01-2019, 10:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: October jobs report is out.  Need another 3 or 4 years of this type of good news then I can ride off into the sunset. Smile

No worries, you'll get at least 5 before Trump is gone. I need an additional 5 after that point, but one day at a time.

Did you buy this yet?  jk

[Image: 41s36yA01JL._SX355_.jpg]

(11-01-2019, 11:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: 5 more years of watching Netflix to avoid mainstream media (incl CNN, MSNBC, and Fox)?  I sure hope they have the resources to keep me entertained.

I waiting for StrowdCrowd to chime in with his "Mods, please move this to the Winning thread"

(11-01-2019, 10:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No worries, you'll get at least 5 before Trump is gone. I need an additional 5 after that point, but one day at a time.

Did you buy this yet?  jk

[Image: 41s36yA01JL._SX355_.jpg]

Those will make a nice urinal pad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

LMAO, the Graf alone tells the true story.

NH3...
"AZANE"

What worries me is that in these great economic times, we are running trillion dollar deficits. That begs the question: what will the deficits be if we have a recession? It's incredibly irresponsible and dangerous to run deficits this large when you are not in a recession. And what about interest rates? If we have to fight a recession by lowering interest rates, will we have to lower them below zero?

This economy might look good, but it is built on quicksand, pumped up by low interest rates and huge government deficits.

(11-20-2019, 06:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What worries me is that in these great economic times, we are running trillion dollar deficits.  That begs the question: what will the deficits be if we have a recession?  It's incredibly irresponsible and dangerous to run deficits this large when you are not in a recession.   And what about interest rates?  If we have to fight a recession by lowering interest rates, will we have to lower them below zero?  

This economy might look good, but it is built on quicksand, pumped up by low interest rates and huge government deficits.

No worries, the Dems are just going to confiscate 90% of all income over 100,00 50,000 25,000 5,000  and tax everything from investment to oxygen to pay for their Brazillion dollar spending programs.

(11-20-2019, 06:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What worries me is that in these great economic times, we are running trillion dollar deficits.  That begs the question: what will the deficits be if we have a recession?  It's incredibly irresponsible and dangerous to run deficits this large when you are not in a recession.   And what about interest rates?  If we have to fight a recession by lowering interest rates, will we have to lower them below zero?  

hesrightyouknow.jpg
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

And yet everyone in here just argues about which big spending party to vote for in a few more months, not really caring that the only difference is whether they take too much or way too [BLEEP] much of your money for Big Government's insatiable appetite.

These job numbers are going to do wonders for my panhandling gig.

Eh, we can keep printing money. No big deal. Just make sure you diversify and invest in precious metals.

(11-20-2019, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And yet everyone in here just argues about which big spending party to vote for in a few more months, not really caring that the only difference is whether they take too much or way too [BLEEP] much of your money for Big Government's insatiable appetite.

How much money the federal government should take is definitely going to be the topic of discussion 2020. Taxes are always a big issue.
How much they spend is also going to be a huge topic. Should we have some new programs or not?
Unfortunately, the level of deficit spending and its implications for the greater economy are unlikely to be a big topic.

I used to look at it as fiscally irresponsible on behalf of the Democratic Party, but now that the Republicans have joined in on "running up the deficit", I think it's now time to focus my immediate benefit, which makes me quite happy.

(11-20-2019, 08:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Eh, we can keep printing money. No big deal. Just make sure you diversify and invest in precious metals.

I'm certain that an intellectual luminary like you was offering this same sage and sanguine advice from January 2009 to January 2017.

(11-20-2019, 12:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 08:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Eh, we can keep printing money. No big deal. Just make sure you diversify and invest in precious metals.

I'm certain that an intellectual luminary like you was offering this same sage and sanguine advice from January 2009 to January 2017.

Gold should not be looked at as a traditional investment but as insurance for when the rest of your portfolio is confiscated or rendered worthless. 

If you do wish to play metals as an investment you would not go on price alone but should look at other ratios like gold-to-DOW or gold-to-silver.  For instance, the gold-to-silver price is historically very high right now in favor of gold, meaning you should accumulate silver or sell gold to buy silver.  If you trade the ratio you can increase the amount of metal you own without spending any additional money.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 01:20 PM by mikesez.)

(11-20-2019, 01:10 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 12:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm certain that an intellectual luminary like you was offering this same sage and sanguine advice from January 2009 to January 2017.

Gold should not be looked at as a traditional investment but as insurance for when the rest of your portfolio is confiscated or rendered worthless. 

If you do wish to play metals as an investment you would not go on price alone but should look at other ratios like gold-to-DOW or gold-to-silver.  For instance, the gold-to-silver price is historically very high right now in favor of gold, meaning you should accumulate silver or sell gold to buy silver.  If you trade the ratio you can increase the amount of metal you own without spending any additional money.

If I can't eat it, can't use it as clothing, and can't live in it, and it doesn't pay a dividend or interest or rent, I don't see why I should bother owning it.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 01:34 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-20-2019, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 01:10 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Gold should not be looked at as a traditional investment but as insurance for when the rest of your portfolio is confiscated or rendered worthless. 

If I can't eat it, can't use it as clothing, and can't live in it, and it doesn't pay a dividend or interest or rent, I don't see why I should bother owning it.

Well then, you obviously aren't prepared for an apocalyptic situation where the US dollar is rendered useless and will need some other form of currency to survive.

You should go ride Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney. You may learn something at the end.

(11-20-2019, 01:10 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Gold should not be looked at as a traditional investment but as insurance for when the rest of your portfolio is confiscated or rendered worthless. 

I have guns so I dont have to have all those things right now.

(11-20-2019, 01:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: If I can't eat it, can't use it as clothing, and can't live in it, and it doesn't pay a dividend or interest or rent, I don't see why I should bother owning it.

Well then, you obviously aren't prepared for an apocalyptic situation where the US dollar is rendered useless and will need some other form of currency to survive.

You should go ride Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney. You may learn something at the end.

Are you storing this precious metal in your house? Where did you say you live again?

When you get out of your adolescence you probably will think otherwise.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.