Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan interview about stadium and future

I'm an outsider so I have a little different perspective. Please don't beat me up and call me things, this is only what I've observed over 16 years of being a Jaguars ST holder.

- Seems like a lot of fans here (not here on the board but in Jax area) want the Gators-type 48-3 blowouts and can't understand or appreciate the beauty of a brutal 14-10 NFL game played in the mud or in adverse conditions.

- The St. Augustine Record (T-U spin-off I believe) devotes pages and pages of coverage to high school football and maybe a column to the Jaguars. Need I mention what they devote to the Gators? High school football? Really?

- On a Sunday Jags home game, there is very little in the paper, not even names and numbers of both teams. The days after there is very little about the game and what there is usually isn't worth reading. Media coverage is very lacking.

- Much of the media is, for lack of a better description, maybe not that professional or polished. Examples- Martineau, most everyone I hear on sports talk shows (so bad I don't listen anymore), Boselli (he's gotten a little better but not much), Searcy (I think he's the guy on the radio, isn't he?) is awful, even worse than Dan Fouts (the worst announcer of all time IMO).

- I always thought Sexton was a level above a high school announcer until I heard the current guy, Frangie, who is worse. Shadrick is about the only voice in town that's polished. Blasphemy alert: Fred Taylor sucks IMO, he's a mumbler and I can't hear half of what he says and now I don't even care. I just shut him off.

- The stadium is fine. The ticket prices are relatively cheap- the seats I sit in would be at least double where I come from. I don't buy anything inside the stadium, choosing instead to drink and eat before the game out in the parking lot. Oh ok, after the game too.

- September heat- yeah, that's a thing. Never used to bother me but the Chiefs and Saints games heat did get to me and I'm a little concerned with it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Khan interview about stadium and future - by PF* - 11-06-2019, 07:31 PM