Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sports betting has ruined the NFL

Clearly games are persuaded to influence Vegas lines. Not just us getting the bad end of it, do you really think we will ever be "picked" to win anything? Sad sad sad no more integrity
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I doubt it. Even more frustrating that the Raiders are moving to [BLEEP] Vegas too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It would be easier to count the games not decided by bad calls. Look at all the NFL lines and how many are down to the point.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 05:48 PM by Mowerguy.)

(11-03-2019, 12:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I doubt it. Even more frustrating that the Raiders are moving to [BLEEP] Vegas too.

Wasn't that long ago the NFL was avoiding any whiff of impropriety about betting on it's games.
Now there's DraftKings, FanDuel (they even had ads in TIAA bank) , MyBookie , among others 
and all national media ....CBS,ESPN, ad nausem... is posting betting odds.
Meh ....

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8650341]

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-03-2019, 12:25 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: Clearly games are persuaded to influence Vegas lines. Not just us getting the bad end of it, do you really think we will ever be "picked" to win anything? Sad sad sad no more integrity

Betting lines and Vegas have no influence on the NFL and vice-versa.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-04-2019, 06:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 12:25 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: Clearly games are persuaded to influence Vegas lines. Not just us getting the bad end of it, do you really think we will ever be "picked" to win anything? Sad sad sad no more integrity

Betting lines and Vegas have no influence on the NFL and vice-versa.

The public mistakenly thinks NFL football is a sport. It is not, in any legal sense, a sport. It is strictly an entertainment enterprise. The NFL testified in federal court, in the spygate case when they were sued by Jets season ticket holders who said the NFL had an obligation to provide a fair game. They are under no such obligation.

(11-04-2019, 07:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 06:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Betting lines and Vegas have no influence on the NFL and vice-versa.

The public mistakenly thinks NFL football is a sport.  It is not, in any legal sense, a sport.  It is strictly an entertainment enterprise.  The NFL testified in federal court, in the spygate case when they were sued by Jets season ticket holders who said the NFL had an obligation to provide a fair game.  They are under no such obligation.

Sports Entertainment in the McMahonian sense of the word.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Exactly why the pats had only one penalty against us in the championship game... no way the league was going to let us win that one....jags in the Superbowl... in the eyes of the league that doesn't sell.... Philly vs jags no way....

(11-04-2019, 09:56 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Exactly why the pats had only one penalty against us in the championship game... no way the league was going to let us win that one....jags in the Superbowl... in the eyes of the league that doesn't sell.... Philly vs jags no way....

I don't think I can ever get over that hose job from the NFL. 

I felt a little bit better when the Pats lost in the SB, and when Kraft got busted at the spa a year later

(11-04-2019, 10:32 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 09:56 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Exactly why the pats had only one penalty against us in the championship game... no way the league was going to let us win that one....jags in the Superbowl... in the eyes of the league that doesn't sell.... Philly vs jags no way....

I felt a little bit better when the Pats lost in the SB, and when Kraft got busted at the spa a year later

Same here.... I'll never get over it....I was happy to see them lose but still....it was our Superbowl we should have been there

It sure did wonders for boxing. The dancing. The dives.

(11-04-2019, 11:23 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 10:32 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I don't think I can ever get over that hose job from the NFL. 

Same here.... I'll never get over it....I was happy to see them lose but still....it was our Superbowl we should have been there

1997 AFC Title Game.

The Night the Lights Went Out in Foxboro.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-04-2019, 10:32 PM)jaglyn Wrote:

I agree that this game exposed the undercurrent   of corruption in the league.