Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London Loss Thoughts (merged threads)

(11-03-2019, 01:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: drafting fournette over watson will haunt us forever

No, cause the plan was to draft Taven over Jackson. Wait.. Nevermind
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If they would pulls their heads out of their backsides and get help for the god damned O line, like they should have last year, then maybe Minshew wouldn’t be Gabbertized now. They’ve very likely ruined a potential franchise QB. Why they chose to overlook such a glaring discrepancy is still utterly beyond me.

(11-03-2019, 01:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If they would pulls their heads out of their backsides and get help for the god damned O line, like they should have last year, then maybe Minshew wouldn’t be Gabbertized now. They’ve very likely ruined a potential franchise QB. Why they chose to overlook such a glaring discrepancy is still utterly beyond me.
You mean like drafting tackles the last 3 years in round 2? Or sign the highest rated guard? Or resign a “franchise” center?

It’s not that they aren’t trying..... they just don’t know what a good OLineman looks like.

Front office, it has been like this for a while. We had the talent to be very good but let players get away. Now we need a few more pieces but our d play calling is terrible how long will Wash get [BLEEP]? Marrone needs to go as well. I hope we win next game but if we lose Khan should fire someone.

(11-03-2019, 01:34 PM)waveZ666 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:29 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Even if it was, what the hell does that have to do with if it was fun or not?

10-6? Please...

A winning season and a deep playoff run is not fun for you? Maybe you should put down the madden console bro. Real life can actually be enjoyable too on occasion!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I've been praising DeFilippo several times, but yeah, today the play calling was hot garbage.

(11-03-2019, 01:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If they would pulls their heads out of their backsides and get help for the god damned O line, like they should have last year, then maybe Minshew wouldn’t be Gabbertized now. They’ve very likely ruined a potential franchise QB. Why they chose to overlook such a glaring discrepancy is still utterly beyond me.
You mean like drafting tackles the last 3 years in round 2? Or sign the highest rated guard? Or resign a “franchise” center?

It’s not that they aren’t trying..... they just don’t know what a good OLineman looks like.

Yes. Correctly stated. That’s what I mean.

(11-03-2019, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You mean like drafting tackles the last 3 years in round 2? Or sign the highest rated guard? Or resign a “franchise” center?

Yes. Correctly stated. That’s what I mean.
I actually like Taylor but boy our guards suck. Not to mention our OLine coach is historically bad.

(11-03-2019, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes. Correctly stated. That’s what I mean.
I actually like Taylor but boy our guards suck. Not to mention our OLine coach is historically bad.

Andrew Norwell can kiss our [BLEEP]. Am I wrong for believing that he is mailing it in since he got the fat contract?

Ramsey > Marone and it shows why his argument with him in week 2 was justified.
So glad Ramsey made the smart decision not to have to play for this Crap Coach anymore. Good for him!

The Play calling is appalling as Coach Marone proved back in Week 2.

Foles will make no difference if Marone is going to run the ball on 3rd and 20+ or Pass on 3rd and inches.

It's hard being right about this garbage organization.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Honestly? Until the coaching staff alone is fired - nothing is going to change. Minshew struggled a lot today but it's hard for a kid to do well when he's handcuffed in the playcalling with a [BLEEP] Oline and a coaching staff with the old school 'pound the rock' mentality that has been futile for years now. What good is it to build an offense around a guy like Fournette when you can't even punch it into the endzone?

They aren't making the playoffs - i'd figured that out weeks ago. But there'd better not be ANY [BLEEP] excuses for Marrone and his boys to still be coaching this team at the end of the season. Period.

Is it too early to talk about the draft???
My sig goes here!

Breon Borders was way out of position on the long run play. I think he was out of position on both long runs.

Myles Jack was too. Hyde waited until Jack committed and then Jack got blocked out of the play.

Wilson is incredibly slow for a safety. Let’s send the Jets Foles for Adams straight up.

I said to myself when Foles went down that if Minshew could somehow get us to 4 and 5 or better by the bye and keep us within striking distance of the playoffs, I'd take it. I know the performance today was frustrating and losing both games to the Texans this year really hurts our chances at the division, but if someone would have gone back in time from today and told me after week 1 that we'd be 4-5 at the bye, I'd feel pretty good about it. Also, with Minshew having played well for most of his time at starter that's another thing to feel good about. I think Foles takes over after the bye. Minshew and the team have delivered him a chance at the postseason. That's all he could ask/hope for. As I'm typing this, Jacoby Brissett went down and is out of their game with a knee injury. I think there are still things to be optimistic about with regards to the Jags 2019 season. We should remain in this into December and who knows what happens if we can somehow get hot at the right time.

(11-03-2019, 02:30 PM)DarianSS Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 02:20 PM)Nikowho Wrote: Harsh, but possibly true. The playcalling today did no favors to Gardner either. It's almost like they have no trust in him or something.

Possibly true? All the way true.. Do you think it would work if we all marched to the stadium with torches and pitchforks, demanding for Marrone to be ousted?? Man... that would be nice.

(11-03-2019, 02:20 PM)Nikowho Wrote: Harsh, but possibly true. The playcalling today did no favors to Gardner either. It's almost like they have no trust in him or something.

Possibly true? All the way true.. Do you think it would work if we all marched to the stadium with torches and pitchforks, demanding for Marrone to be ousted?? Man... that would be nice.

(11-03-2019, 02:36 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: Is it too early to talk about the draft???

Heaven's sakes, this is the Jacksonville Jaguars that we are talking about!

It is never too early to talk about the draft...

*Walks into Shahid Kahn's Office*

"good afternoon Mr. Marrone" Why don't you tell me about some of your accomplishments:

Well I managed to swindle a team out of a full year's salary for doing nothing.
Every organization I go to gets worse
I like wasting talent, and not making adjustments to defenses
We will pound the rock
I took Syracuse from a 3 win program to a 4 win program
I will never smile
I don't like being loyal to fans or players

"Great, you're hired!"

What just happened?

(11-03-2019, 02:28 PM)Nikowho Wrote: Honestly? Until the coaching staff alone is fired - nothing is going to change. Minshew struggled a lot today but it's hard for a kid to do well when he's handcuffed in the playcalling with a [BLEEP] Oline and a coaching staff with the old school 'pound the rock' mentality that has been futile for years now. What good is it to build an offense around a guy like Fournette when you can't even punch it into the endzone?

They aren't making the playoffs - i'd figured that out weeks ago. But there'd better not be ANY [BLEEP] excuses for Marrone and his boys to still be coaching this team at the end of the season. Period.

Well I'm going to be judging Marrone on the Foles/Minshew decision. I know at the moment it looks an easier choice but theres no guarantee that Foles suddenly gets us winning. I'm starting to wonder what Marrone actually does. What are we judging him on? 

Dont forget, Coughlin said after trading Ramsey this teams target was winning the South and we are capable of that.

Go get Mike Leach and let him and Minshew Mania and Sacksonville make a run at it.

London:Where Minshew Mania went to Die.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]