Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Texans Game in London

Fournette absolutely obliterated Joseph. He punished him. Literally trucked over him.

I’m glad 27 is a Jag.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What was up with Conley today? 2 crucial drops. Both would have netted first downs. The 2nd would have gave us a chance to score a TD.

I think Devalve might be our best TE. Love the way he blocks and he can catch the ball too. Not the fastest but fast enough.

(11-03-2019, 02:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: What was up with Conley today? 2 crucial drops. Both would have netted first downs. The 2nd would have gave us a chance to score a TD.

I think Devalve might be our best TE. Love the way he blocks and he can catch the ball too. Not the fastest but fast enough.

I don't know that I'd call the second a drop. Probably could have held onto it with enough concentration, but he didn't drop it, he let the defender rake it out after he was down.

(11-03-2019, 01:40 PM)jaglyn Wrote: #becausejaguars is one of the most powerful forces on the planet, maybe the universe

#becausejaguars >>> Infinity Gauntlet

The damn truth right there.

(11-03-2019, 02:01 PM)DarianSS Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's rare to see a team look so ill prepared. The Texans looked like they had a good plan and understood how to execute it. I got the sense the Jaguars had a bad plan and didn't want to execute it.

Outside of the Rematch against the Patriots last year, tell me when Doug Marrone has had a good game plan???
Let's see...

12/24/2016 vs. Tennessee 38-17 win

Both wins vs. Houston 2017

London Game, 2017 44-7 win against Baltimore

Both wins against Pittsburgh 2017

Both wins cs. Indy, 2017

Win vs. Seattle, 2017

AFC Championship game vs. New England, 2017 season

Win vs. NY Jets 2018

Win vs. Tennessee this year

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2019, 04:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Both wins against Pittsburgh 2017

I will forever push back against that first Steelers game being a feather in the team, and especially Marrone's, cap. We were losing late in the 3rd Q before the back to back defensive TDs. I doubt that was drawn into the gameplan. We very likely lose otherwise.

I'm not someone that wants to defend Marrone by any means, the team didn't look prepared to properly take advantage of the texans shortcomings today, and I'd put that on Marrone foremost.

The Jags say they know how to travel and use London like a homefield advantage, but the texans looked like the team that was right at home in London today, and the Jaguars looked unprepared right from the start of the game.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 04:52 PM by Bullseye.)

(11-03-2019, 04:36 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 04:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Both wins against Pittsburgh 2017

I will forever push back against that first Steelers game being a feather in the team, and especially Marrone's, cap. We were losing late in the 3rd Q before the back to back defensive TDs. I doubt that was drawn into the gameplan. We very likely lose otherwise.

Well, we were winning at halftime, and were only down 2 midway until the 6:38 point of the 3rd quarter when the first pick 6 happened.

While the offense wasn't great, defense is also part of the overall game plan. 

Holding that Steelers team to 9 points, picking off Big Ben as often as we did is quite the accomplishment.

Now Marrone may or may notbe the coach to get us to a Super Bowl.

Heck, he may not do enough to keep his job by season's end.

But even accepting your analysis of Marrone's game plan in this Pittsburgh game at face value, it isn't in any way accurate for the other guy to say Marrone has had one good game plan his entire time here.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2019, 01:10 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The personal foul call on Campbell was probably the worst call of the year in the NFL. Led to the 2 score lead for Houston. Marrone always looks dumb against his good buddy O'Brien. Offense just didn't execute at all. Defense got whipped in the 1st half. Bad game but well timed bye week. We need it. Pray the Steelers and Panthers can win today.
And they did...

(11-03-2019, 04:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'm not someone that wants to defend Marrone by any means, the team didn't look prepared to properly take advantage of the texans shortcomings today, and I'd put that on Marrone foremost.

The Jags say they know how to travel and use London like a homefield advantage, but the texans looked like the team that was right at home in London today, and the Jaguars looked unprepared right from the start of the game.

They looked what they are .....unprepared, undisciplined and out of their depth against the division leader.
On both sides of the ball. Wallbash
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson