Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen and Yan missed about 5 sacks today

It seemed like they put heat on the QB all game but couldn’t clean him up. Watson is elite at scrambling around. It was a game changer. I honestly feel like our dline is top 5 in the league even after today.

On a side note Minshew seemed to be handcuffed by the OC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There was a few times I could have swore we were going to sack him. But he's definitely elite when it comes to escaping sacks. Hopefully Minshew can keep developing that trait for years to come.

(11-03-2019, 02:32 PM)High Octane Wrote: There was a few times I could have swore we were going to sack him. But he's definitely elite when it comes to escaping sacks. Hopefully Minshew can keep developing that trait for years to come.

Minshew is pretty good at it too, but Watson is annoyingly good at it.

Watsons no Darnold that's for sure, we learned that

Jets are also getting whooped right now by the Dolphins. Maybe they're tanking, not sure for who, doubt they know it either, just tanking and gave up

(11-03-2019, 03:39 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Watsons no Darnold that's for sure, we learned that

Jets are also getting whooped right now by the Dolphins. Maybe they're tanking, not sure for who, doubt they know it either, just tanking and gave up
Blitzing vs not blitzing.

Not sure how Wash thought just bringing 4 every time would stop Watson. He couldn't even adjust to 1 play they kept running. Carolina did the same thing. He needs to be fired asap.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(11-03-2019, 03:39 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Watsons no Darnold that's for sure, we learned that

They are in desperate need for a stud LT and OL in general.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2019, 03:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Blitzing vs not blitzing.

Not sure how Wash thought just bringing 4 every time would stop Watson. He couldn't even adjust to 1 play they kept running. Carolina did the same thing. He needs to be fired asap.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

He's better than Babich, but that's like dividing by zero.

I can't say for sure, but with the personnel we have I think a decent DC would have the Jags at the top of the NFL. Certainly we should have been there while Ramsey and Dareus were active.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Cant be mad... Watson is the NFL version of Houdini, he makes plays like that regularly
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(11-03-2019, 02:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It seemed like they put heat on the QB all game but couldn’t clean him up. Watson is elite at scrambling around. It was a game changer. I honestly feel like our dline is top 5 in the league even after today.

On a side note Minshew seemed to be handcuffed by the OC.

The plays were called.  He just didnt pull the trigger

(11-03-2019, 09:41 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: Cant be mad... Watson is the NFL version of Houdini, he makes plays like that regularly

I sure did get sick of hearing that yesterday.

Sad 

(11-03-2019, 02:32 PM)High Octane Wrote: There was a few times I could have swore we were going to sack him. But he's definitely elite when it comes to escaping sacks. Hopefully Minshew can keep developing that trait for years to come.

With the Texans' Oline he's had plenty of practice.

(11-03-2019, 09:41 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: Cant be mad... Watson is the NFL version of Houdini, he makes plays like that regularly

That's a big key.

Not to take anything away from Watson because he is a phenomenal athlete, but with today's NFL rules protecting the QB it makes it more difficult to take a QB like that down.  There were AT LEAST two if not three plays where he should have been sacked and I wonder if perhaps the defenders "let off" just a bit.  This is especially true after the penalty against Campbell.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I wonder if that's a product of the "modern NFL".

Also, Watson has become better than I thought that he would be.  Will he last in the NFL?  That's a big question.  Will he become a Russell Wilson or Cam Robinson Newton or become another RG3?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-04-2019, 06:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

That's a big key.

Not to take anything away from Watson because he is a phenomenal athlete, but with today's NFL rules protecting the QB it makes it more difficult to take a QB like that down.  There were AT LEAST two if not three plays where he should have been sacked and I wonder if perhaps the defenders "let off" just a bit.  This is especially true after the penalty against Campbell.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I wonder if that's a product of the "modern NFL".

Also, Watson has become better than I thought that he would be.  Will he last in the NFL?  That's a big question.  Will he become a Russell Wilson or Cam Robinson or become another RG3?

We can retire the RG3 comparison already.  RG3 was never a good passer, and had one good year in a pistol run option offense, where his main weapon was his legs.  Watson is getting better and is on his way to his third straight 103+ qb rating season at better than a 3-1 TD-INT ratio.  He's already proven to be more consistent and a better passer than Newton, the only real comp is Wilson and he's definitely trending in that direction notwithstanding Wilson being out of his mind this year.

(11-04-2019, 06:59 PM)jradMITEX Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 06:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That's a big key.

Also, Watson has become better than I thought that he would be.  Will he last in the NFL?  That's a big question.  Will he become a Russell Wilson or Cam Newton or become another RG3?

We can retire the RG3 comparison already.  RG3 was never a good passer, and had one good year in a pistol run option offense, where his main weapon was his legs.  Watson is getting better and is on his way to his third straight 103+ qb rating season at better than a 3-1 TD-INT ratio.  He's already proven to be more consistent and a better passer than Newton, the only real comp is Wilson and he's definitely trending in that direction notwithstanding Wilson being out of his mind this year.

The thing that I was getting at is that "running" or "mobile" QB's don't tend to last long, especially when the "run threat" is gone (mostly due to injury).  The traditional "pocket passers" are more the "elite" ones today.  I'm not saying that Watson is a "running QB", I just think that at some point his "mobility" could get him hurt and force him to become a "pocket passer".  I wonder if he can do that job?

I do agree with you that he is more of a "Russell Wilson", I was just trying to reference more "mobile" and/or "running" QB's.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Josh Allen is young yet. In another game or two he'll pass Derrick Harvey's career Sack Total.