Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Marrone will make Minshew-Foles choice during bye

I don’t think Foles coming back made him force plays. With a good rookie QB getting thrown to the fire, I would lean on my RB a lot more.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Easily the worst called game by the OC this season. 

The 6-7 drops sure as hell didn't help, but the play calling was so bad. It was almost like they already had made their decision to put Foles back in as the starter, so they wanted to handcuff/limit Minshew and not let him have any chance at keeping the job today..

Also, what the hell is Wash doing? They ran the same play countless times and our Defense didn't stop it once.

The OPI on Chark was a terrible call, only followed up by a blatantly bad missed DPI one or two plays later... Then Conley gets straight up mugged by the defender in the 2nd half and there's no call..

That leading with the helmet call on Campbell may be the worst call in NFL history.. How do you call a penalty on that when he basically whiffed the tackle.. Complete [BLEEP].

I agree about the OC. It just seems like he didn’t open up the playbook for Minshew Magic.

Hopefully the choice is made to fire Marrone during the bye. Guy is a clueless moron. Get a brains, moran!

Gotta go with Foles. Minshew is holding the ball entirely too long. He either doesn't trust himself to throw into tight windows or he doesn't trust his receivers to make contested catches. Either way, he just isn't ready. He needs to sit and learn behind Foles. Hopefully, with more development, Minshew will be able to take the next step. If not, he's a decent backup.

Minshew went into the season as the backup and I'm sure the expectation inside the building is that he would go back to the bench when Foles was healthy. Minshew has just given them pause with the way he's played but he still has plenty of room for growth. Foles is still the starter when he's healthy, that's why you paid him the big money to come over from Philly.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The play 11 seconds before halftime said it all..

(11-03-2019, 06:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gotta go with Foles. Minshew is holding the ball entirely too long. He either doesn't trust himself to throw into tight windows or he doesn't trust his receivers to make contested catches. Either way, he just isn't ready. He needs to sit and learn behind Foles. Hopefully, with more development, Minshew will be able to take the next step. If not, he's a decent backup.

I think Minshew has hit a plateau that many rookies tend to hit.  I don't know if it's because of the proverbial rookie wall, or because teams now have tape on him-especially the Texans.

His holding onto the ball so long today was a mystery.  It was as if the Texans had 15 people in coverage at times.

Sitting and learning could benefit him, and I also agree with you that his floor is that of a good backup, and if developed and given sufficient support, he can become a quality starter.

But even with today's disappointing performance, Minshew has exceeded all of my expectations for him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Ifn i was a head coach knowing this season defines my future job status and i had a big move to make with my starting QB, I would not stand up at the podeum and say im gonna get away for a week and get my mind off football and then come back sunday and look at how we will move forward. My butt would be in the office in the morning with the offensive coaches wondering why we looked like dodo today and how we need to fix it immediatly. but noooooooo this moron is takeing a week off. good coaches dont take time off during the season.

(11-03-2019, 08:25 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Ifn i was a head coach knowing this season defines my future job status and i had a big move to make with my starting QB, I would not stand up at the podeum and say im gonna get away for a week and get my mind off football and then come back sunday and look at how we will move forward. My butt would be in the office in the morning with the offensive coaches wondering why we looked like dodo today and how we need to fix it immediatly. but noooooooo this moron is takeing a week off. good coaches dont take time off during the season.

And this is why the team doesn't look good coming off the bye week.  They don't take advantage of an extra week to prepare.  It is tiring as a fan.  Honestly it doesn't matter who they pick because the game plan is blah.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 08:45 PM by IndyJagsFan.)

Even with this "bad game", GM15 is way ahead of any rookie QB not named Watson in many a year. I remember Byron throwing 3 ints and fumbling 3 snaps his rookie year against the Ravens and everyone wrote it off to the necessary learning curve. I even remember drunken Pete Banaszak on the post-game that day arguing that Leftwich "had a pretty good game" and several of the moderators here defending him too. Minshew will be fine in the end no matter whether he starts in Indy or not.

After watching a bit of film again...

Minshews game wasn’t that bad. We were moving the ball, especially on drives Fournette had a decent play. It was the 4th quarter when Minshew melted down per se and probably because, well, he’s a rookie.

Marrone does not have an easy decision. On one hand, you have a rookie who despite his down moments has shown a lot of poise and talent. On the other hand, you have a guy who has led a team twice to playoff runs when every one has written the team off.

I don’t envy him

(11-03-2019, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Easily the worst called game by the OC this season. 

The 6-7 drops sure as hell didn't help, but the play calling was so bad. It was almost like they already had made their decision to put Foles back in as the starter, so they wanted to handcuff/limit Minshew and not let him have any chance at keeping the job today..

Also, what the hell is Wash doing? They ran the same play countless times and our Defense didn't stop it once.

The OPI on Chark was a terrible call, only followed up by a blatantly bad missed DPI one or two plays later... Then Conley gets straight up mugged by the defender in the 2nd half and there's no call..

That leading with the helmet call on Campbell may be the worst call in NFL history.. How do you call a penalty on that when he basically whiffed the tackle.. Complete [BLEEP].

agree on everything

You guy are going to realize giving $50 million guaranteed to Foles was a mistake. Away from Reid/Peterson system, He is not very good.

(11-03-2019, 08:25 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Ifn i was a head coach knowing this season defines my future job status and i had a big move to make with my starting QB, I would not stand up at the podeum and say im gonna get away for a week and get my mind off football and then come back sunday and look at how we will move forward. My butt would be in the office in the morning with the offensive coaches wondering why we looked like dodo today and how we need to fix it immediatly. but noooooooo this moron is takeing a week off. good coaches dont take time off during the season.

Especially considering how long the off-season is. If you need a break in 17 weeks when you already get months off a year, this isn’t the profession for you.