Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Was this supposed to be a make or break season for Marrone?

I don't know about the coach but it is a make or break season for me to be excited. On the bright side, losing the bye week doesn't impact the team record.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2019, 04:06 PM)uthill Wrote: This team just isn't that good. It's just not one person. Coaching is and will be an issue this year. The defense is up and down and not really that good.

Im starting to feel this way too. At least, the very least, we need new blood at defensive coordinator. Wash's defenses get carved up way too easily and our gap discipline has been suspect in a ton of games over the last 2 years. 

Minshew may be the future, but he is still very raw and needs more time to develop. Yeah he can play a good game vs the bottom tier of the nfl but any remotely solid team and he just can't move the ball consistently. 

O Line couldn't get any push and the run game suffered. I'm still pretty happy with 4-5 with a backup QB, but there are way more glaring issues than QB on this team.

Two things the Big 'Stache needs to do.
1.) Tell the Fanbase we're done with Home Games in London after current contract runs out.....bring that "home game" home.
2.) Remove current under performing Head coach and staff at season end as promised.

I know it's been said "Jaguars aren't moving" ....but remove all doubt, go all in here .....show the fans that commitment, really double down on
producing a winning team and Jacksonville will go all in as well.
It takes two.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-04-2019, 08:33 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Two things the Big 'Stache needs to do.
1.) Tell the Fanbase we're done with Home Games in London after current contract runs out.....bring that "home game" home.
2.) Remove current under performing Head coach and staff at season end as promised.

I know it's been said "Jaguars aren't moving" ....but remove all doubt, go all in here .....show the fans that commitment, really double down on
producing a winning team and Jacksonville will go all in as well.
It takes two.

I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Thing is, even before the London games, Jaguars fans doubted the team's willingness to remain here.

Even before the London games, Jaguars fans had any number of excuses (legit or otherwise) to not support the team. 

There were no cupholders.

We need escalators.

We need a different gameday experience.

The economy.

Time after time, the team and city combined to provide what the fans wanted, and they did it without PSLs.

The only problem was on field.

Early on, the team won...appearing in two AFC championship games and four playoff appearances in the first five seasons.

But the inevitable happened and the team could not sustain the winning.

Granted, having a winning product is critical.  But even with that, the Gator first homers threw tantrums when Wuerffel, Spurrier and Tebow went elsewhere.  Remember Gatorskins and the sudden influx of Broncos fans here?

Even with prolonged periods of losing, fans of other teams have managed to support their teams (see Cleveland; see also Detroit).

It's not as if Khan is refusing to invest in the team and the town.  He has contributed funding to many of the stadium improvements.  That investment has spread to downtown with the proposed shipyards and Lot J projects.

I think both the team and the fans here need to do better supporting each other.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2019, 06:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Posts that only contain insults and have no relevance to the topic are against our CoC.  

I just gave you a friendly warning about that and not an official one. 

I am being more than fair and I do the same for everyone here.

This post literally has no relevance to the topic, so based on the rules you claim you are following, shouldn't you warn yourself?

P.S. Doug Marrone is horrible

He is an awful mod, he only warns the guys he doesn't like, gives a free pass to everyone else.

Marrone and Caldwell should be fired but knowing Khan he is gonna extend them in the offseason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!