Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Was this supposed to be a make or break season for Marrone?

(11-03-2019, 06:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh the horror, playing .500 ball in the NFL with a rookie QB starting half the season.

We can re-group and get back on track. We’re not outta this thing yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2019, 06:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh the horror, playing .500 ball in the NFL with a rookie QB starting half the season.

We can re-group and get back on track. We’re not outta this thing yet.

Even so, tell any one of these downers back in August that GM15 was going to start 8 of 9 games and we'd be playing .500 ball and they would've called you a crazy homer optimist. Now it pretty much happens and they think it's just terrible.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Very true. I remember guys wanting him on the practice squad and wanted to bring back Mcgough.

We’re gonna get back on a roll and we’ll see where we are after the dust settles.

It ain’t over yet boys.

Marrone has got to go. He is a COWARD. No guts.

(11-03-2019, 06:37 PM)rocdee Wrote: Marrone has got to go. He is a COWARD. No guts.

Lol, aren't you the guy who wanted Marrone fired for going for 2 in the first Texan game? Yeah, no guts except when he's too aggressive. Blah, blah, blah.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-03-2019, 06:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:37 PM)rocdee Wrote: Marrone has got to go. He is a COWARD. No guts.

Lol, aren't you the guy who wanted Marrone fired for going for 2 in the first Texan game? Yeah, no guts except when he's too aggressive. Blah, blah, blah.

While we're at it, you need to be fired too

(11-03-2019, 06:40 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, aren't you the guy who wanted Marrone fired for going for 2 in the first Texan game? Yeah, no guts except when he's too aggressive. Blah, blah, blah.

While we're at it, you need to be fired too

Please contribute to the topic or accrue warnings.

(11-03-2019, 06:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:40 PM)rocdee Wrote: While we're at it, you need to be fired too

Please contribute to the topic or accrue warnings.

Shut up. You let these other guys say whatever they want to say to me because I have a different opinion, but you never give them a warning. In fact, you get off topic with me, but who warns you? Exactly.  Shut up and be fair

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 06:44 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Marrone and Caldwell have pictures of Shad Khan with prostitutes on their devices. It is the only logical explanation of why they both remain in this franchise.

(11-03-2019, 06:43 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Please contribute to the topic or accrue warnings.

Shut up. You let these other guys say whatever they want to say to me because I have a different opinion, but you never give them a warning. In fact, you get off topic with me, but who warns you? Exactly.  Shut up and be fair

Posts that only contain insults and have no relevance to the topic are against our CoC.  

I just gave you a friendly warning about that and not an official one. 

I am being more than fair and I do the same for everyone here.

(11-03-2019, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:43 PM)rocdee Wrote: Shut up. You let these other guys say whatever they want to say to me because I have a different opinion, but you never give them a warning. In fact, you get off topic with me, but who warns you? Exactly.  Shut up and be fair

Posts that only contain insults and have no relevance to the topic are against our CoC.  

Lies. Be fair, or relinquish your mod 'powers'

(11-03-2019, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:43 PM)rocdee Wrote: Shut up. You let these other guys say whatever they want to say to me because I have a different opinion, but you never give them a warning. In fact, you get off topic with me, but who warns you? Exactly.  Shut up and be fair

This post literally has no relevance to the topic, so based on the rules you claim you are following, shouldn't you warn yourself?

P.S. Doug Marrone is horrible

(11-03-2019, 04:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 04:06 PM)uthill Wrote: This team just isn't that good. It's just not one person. Coaching is and will be an issue this year. The defense is up and down and not really that good.

The most persistently disappointing part of the team's performance over the past few years has been the run defense.

Carlos Hyde should NEVER get 160 yards against us, especially behind that offensive line.

Though they are currently running the ball down the tacks' throats, Carolina should never run for 200+ yards against us.

Agreed. Dareus was talented enough against the run to occasionally hide the problem at times but something has to change in terms of the scheme.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-03-2019, 05:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t like our Offensive Coordinator. I think he needs to go. I don’t really care one way or the other about the Head Coach. But if Mike Leach is available, then I would make a strong push for him.

He turned Minshew into Minchew Magic.

I would stick with Minshew at QB and build around him starting with a reliable TE. One that can block and catch and stretch the field. I think Oliver is that guy but boy has he been limited in action.

Chark is the most improved player ala Cecil Shorts, but way more. Westbrook is not really panning out like I thought he would but he is a classic WR2 or WR3.

Fournette needs more carries than 11 in any ball game regardless of the score. I remember MJD went up to Tennessee and carried 9 times for 177 and a TD. A back needs about 18 to 25 carries per game.

On defense we need 2 safeties. 36 is serviceable but I would love me some Jamal Adams right now. I’m ok with 37 and 21 at CB. Campbell is still turning up and 91 and 41 are going to be Mathis and Freeny. 44 needs to go back outside and we need a 51 type of player.

Your right, We need a MLB bad. Miles is out of place too much or missing his assignment. 37 is suspect TBH and we do need a Ball hawk FS. Jags need LB's period.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(11-03-2019, 06:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Posts that only contain insults and have no relevance to the topic are against our CoC.  

This post literally has no relevance to the topic, so based on the rules you claim you are following, shouldn't you warn yourself?

P.S. Doug Marrone is horrible

Man, you and other guy named chill out because even though in the past me and NYC4Jags had our disagreements but he's been more than fair and does his best to try to regulate behaviors on this message forum. Let's try to be reasonable and stay on topic because we're all upset based on how things turned out today.
[Image: giphy.gif]

That, and people being upset that Oliver isn't getting as much action as they think he should be. Um, he's a rookie and coming off and injury that is easily aggravated; so #1 he's not had a lot of time to develop due to lack of playing and #2 they're probably not wanting to run him into the ground or try to play lights out and aggravate that injury. 

Rookies rarely do anything of consequence their first season or two. Nothing dramatic anyway. Taven Bryan was being crucified for not doing much and not living up to his draft position last season and it drove me nuts. The transition from college to pro is drastic and these guys have no say in which round they're drafted so busting their balls is just plain stupid. 

We got super lucky with GM15 being able to come in and keep this team from being the basement dwellers of the league this season. Is hasn"t been pretty but for a sixth round pick and a rookie he has done very well.

According to Shad's preseason quotes it would be fair to assume this was a make or break season for the whole front office.

(11-03-2019, 06:52 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 04:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The most persistently disappointing part of the team's performance over the past few years has been the run defense.

Carlos Hyde should NEVER get 160 yards against us, especially behind that offensive line.

Though they are currently running the ball down the tacks' throats, Carolina should never run for 200+ yards against us.

Agreed. Dareus was talented enough against the run to occasionally hide the problem at times but something has to change in terms of the scheme.

Unsure if scheme or personnel.

We've run Seattle's scheme for years.

Seattle was 10th against the run in 2013 (Braadley's 1st year here).
Seattle was 3rd against the run in 2014
first vs the run in 15
7th vs the run in '16
19th vs the run in '17
13th vs the run last year
and 16th vs the run going into this week.

Link: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...tats::none

As athletic as Jack is, it hasn't translated into overall defensive stoutness against the run.  Now I don't intend to put all or even most of the blame on him.But we had issues even with Dareus being here.

Again, I'm not sure if it's talent or scheme.  Whatever it is, I wish this team would solve the issue.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I hope they fire him this week while he is taking some me time away from football. Dummy is coaching for his future and wants to get away for a week after getting out coached. think him and bill obrien have a vacay planned for the bye week>?? lol

I would like to see them bring in Mike Macarthy, i think with this young team he could mold them into a great football team with GM15 leading the way.

This was Khan’s statement at the end of last season immediately following the week 17 loss to Houston:

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/10794...48480?s=21

In the words of 20 - “You tell me?”
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."