Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taggart Fired.

Wille was fired today.  Odell Haggins will take over Head Coaching responsibilities until a permanent replacement is hired.  FSU alumni raised the $17M for buyout of Taggart's remaining contract.

Today, I heard an interview of a former FSU star who said that many close to the program thought WT was more of a fan of the FSU program than someone who could run the FSU program.

Good man, mediocre coach.  The 2019 FSU team is unprepared, undisciplined, and uncompetitive.  Nothing is worse than being uncompetitive.  

Let the re-build begin....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It had to be done. Keeping him for another year would have been catastrophic for the program.

Just imagine if they hired Urban, who could start Monday....

Good riddance to a trash HC..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Last year the team came out of the tunnel with all kinds of swag on opening night vs Virginia Tech. It all went down hill after the kickoff and they lost 21-3.

Prepare yourself alum. The check begging is about to commence big time. This is the last thing that school could afford. I personally would not send them a dime.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 02:01 PM by KingIngram052787.)

(11-04-2019, 11:34 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Prepare yourself alum. The check begging is about to commence big time. This is the last thing that school could afford. I personally would not send them a dime.

The money was raised via private donations from a select group of boosters.  The "school" didn't just fork over $17M.

Also, many of the boosters support their school and they need our support now more than ever. I'm not sure how 1 bad hire when we were put in a bad situation and had to make a quick hire would make someone not want to donate. They've clearly shown they can make the correct decision hiring considering the success they had with 2 of their last 3 head coaches. That's what, one bad hire football wise in like almost 60 years?

(11-04-2019, 01:57 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:34 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Prepare yourself alum. The check begging is about to commence big time. This is the last thing that school could afford. I personally would not send them a dime.

The money was raised via private donations from a select group of boosters.  The "school" didn't just fork over $17M.

Also, many of the boosters support their school and they need our support now more than ever. I'm not sure how 1 bad hire when we were put in a bad situation and had to make a quick hire would make someone not want to donate. They've clearly shown they can make the correct decision hiring considering the success they had with 2 of their last 3 head coaches. That's what, one bad hire football wise in like almost 60 years?

The boosters gave the money, the question is will they continue to give money for the other plans that need funding. FSU does have a money problem. It had to happen, but still it is costly and FSU doesn't have money to waste on terrible hires.

Hiring 3 coaches isn't a good sample size. Fisher while good, can't win unless he has the top QB running his offense. He also needs top assistants on defense because he completely ignores the defense. Jimbo ran away from FSU because he failed to hire good assistants after everyone ran away from him as soon as they could. Fisher got the championship, but was that him or Winston? Based on past results and how Fisher left the program, was he really a great hire?

FSU really needs to get coach who excels at getting his team prepared to play on the field. They don't have the talent right now, but at least lineup correctly and don't commit stupid penalties.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Bob Stoops

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-04-2019, 10:15 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 01:57 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: The money was raised via private donations from a select group of boosters.  The "school" didn't just fork over $17M.

Also, many of the boosters support their school and they need our support now more than ever.  I'm not sure how 1 bad hire when we were put in a bad situation and had to make a quick hire would make someone not want to donate.  They've clearly shown they can make the correct decision hiring considering the success they had with 2 of their last 3 head coaches.  That's what, one bad hire football wise in like almost 60 years?

The boosters gave the money, the question is will they continue to give money for the other plans that need funding. FSU does have a money problem. It had to happen, but still it is costly and FSU doesn't have money to waste on terrible hires.

Hiring 3 coaches isn't a good sample size. Fisher while good, can't win unless he has the top QB running his offense. He also needs top assistants on defense because he completely ignores the defense. Jimbo ran away from FSU because he failed to hire good assistants after everyone ran away from him as soon as they could. Fisher got the championship, but was that him or Winston? Based on past results and how Fisher left the program, was he really a great hire?

FSU really needs to get coach who excels at getting his team prepared to play on the field. They don't have the talent right now, but at least lineup correctly and don't commit stupid penalties.

Agree completely I was never that impressed with Fisher before he recruited Winston. However to his credit he got a lot of talent to come to FSU. As a coach tho, I didn't think he was that good.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 10:56 AM by KingIngram052787.)

(11-04-2019, 10:15 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 01:57 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: The money was raised via private donations from a select group of boosters.  The "school" didn't just fork over $17M.

Also, many of the boosters support their school and they need our support now more than ever.  I'm not sure how 1 bad hire when we were put in a bad situation and had to make a quick hire would make someone not want to donate.  They've clearly shown they can make the correct decision hiring considering the success they had with 2 of their last 3 head coaches.  That's what, one bad hire football wise in like almost 60 years?

Please, name me other coaches who are out there winning national titles without heisman caliber college QBs in the last 20 years.  There are like, what maybe 2 teams and none that recent?

He won 2 orange bowls without Winston and 2 peach bowls and quickly turned around a complete MESS of a program. Jimbo was successful and helped take FSU to the next level with facilities by getting the indoor practice facility and starting the unconquered campaign to begin raising funds for a football only facility.  His method of doing that grew tiring on the administration and the boosters and that was ultimately his downfall, being a complete tyrant (and not caring about academics).

The $17M buyout could realistically save FSU a ton of money in the long run, assuming their next hire is a good hire.  If the Bob Stoops rumors are true, it's safe to say that's probably a home run hire.  Not only could he immediately fix recruiting and get the program winning again, but he knows how to run a big program and be the CEO/salesman to sell himself and program to the boosters to keep the money flowing.

It may set the campaign back for the stand alone football facility a little bit, but if they didn't pull the plug that was just a pipe dream that realistically would never happen for a long long time.

(11-05-2019, 10:09 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 10:15 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The boosters gave the money, the question is will they continue to give money for the other plans that need funding. FSU does have a money problem. It had to happen, but still it is costly and FSU doesn't have money to waste on terrible hires.

Please, name me other coaches who are out there winning national titles without heisman caliber college QBs in the last 20 years.  There are like, what maybe 2 teams and none that recent?

He won 2 orange bowls without Winston and 2 peach bowls and quickly turned around a complete MESS of a program. Jimbo was successful and helped take FSU to the next level with facilities by getting the indoor practice facility and starting the unconquered campaign to begin raising funds for a football only facility.  His method of doing that grew tiring on the administration and the boosters and that was ultimately his downfall, being a complete tyrant (and not caring about academics).

There are plenty of schools that don't rely on the QB. Fisher won because of the assistant coaches around him and the QB lifting up his sorry offense. He would have been fired from FSU if Dalvin Cook didn't save him, his sorry OL coach, who he refused to replace, and terrible OL recruiting. He also failed to recruit a good QB again after Winston.

Fisher also ran off every capable coach around him and no one wanted to take a job with him.

The boosters also hated Fisher. There was a reason it was so hard to get money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 01:23 PM by KingIngram052787.)

(11-05-2019, 01:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 10:09 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Please, name me other coaches who are out there winning national titles without heisman caliber college QBs in the last 20 years.  There are like, what maybe 2 teams and none that recent?

There are plenty of schools that don't rely on the QB. Fisher won because of the assistant coaches around him and the QB lifting up his sorry offense. He would have been fired from FSU if Dalvin Cook didn't save him, his sorry OL coach, who he refused to replace, and  terrible OL recruiting. He also failed to recruit a good QB again after Winston.

Fisher also ran off every capable coach around him and no one wanted to take a job with him.

You still haven't name the schools winning national titles without heisman caliber QBs.

"He would've been fired if all of the great players he recruited and coached weren't good." You could say the same thing about every coach, part of their job is to identify and recruit those players; which he was good at for some time and then was terrible at/couldn't sustain it.

Fisher was successful and won plenty of games without Winston, but even so coaches aren't winning championships without that level of QB. Just look at the last several championship teams. To think otherwise or deny his success is asinine. He moved on as he wasn't able to sustain it, but that's a completely different argument than what you said.

(11-05-2019, 01:19 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 01:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote: There are plenty of schools that don't rely on the QB. Fisher won because of the assistant coaches around him and the QB lifting up his sorry offense. He would have been fired from FSU if Dalvin Cook didn't save him, his sorry OL coach, who he refused to replace, and  terrible OL recruiting. He also failed to recruit a good QB again after Winston.

You still haven't name the schools winning national titles without heisman caliber QBs.

"He would've been fired if all of the great players he recruited and coached weren't good."  You could say the same thing about every coach, part of their job is to identify and recruit those players.

Fisher was successful and won plenty of games without Winston, but even so coaches aren't winning championships without that level of QB.  Just look at the last several championship teams.  To think otherwise or deny his success is asinine.  He moved on as he wasn't able to sustain it, but that's a completely different argument than what you said.

Don't the coaches recruit the heisman caliber QBs?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 01:28 PM by KingIngram052787.)

(11-05-2019, 01:23 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 01:19 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: You still haven't name the schools winning national titles without heisman caliber QBs.

"He would've been fired if all of the great players he recruited and coached weren't good."  You could say the same thing about every coach, part of their job is to identify and recruit those players.

Fisher was successful and won plenty of games without Winston, but even so coaches aren't winning championships without that level of QB.  Just look at the last several championship teams.  To think otherwise or deny his success is asinine.  He moved on as he wasn't able to sustain it, but that's a completely different argument than what you said.

Don't the coaches recruit the heisman caliber QBs?

Yes, his downfall was he screwed up badly post Winston, recruiting (supposed to be) superstars with bad character who never made it or got kicked out.  Francois had potential (won an Orange Bowl as a Freshman) until he tore his ACL, but I don't think he was national championship level given the lack of talent on the OL around him, but we'll never know and at this point it doesn't matter.

I think I read a post like this when Alabama decided to fire Mike Shula and hire Nick Saban.

Haha...a year and a half
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Wait, FSU will pay you $17M to go away?

I'd like to submit my resume. I know how to build a team. My Cincinnati Bengals franchise in Madden has 15 years of 16-0 Super Bowl wins to it. I am a born leader of men. Let me coach your team. It'll only cost you $10M to fire me.

I remember reading the Taggart hired thread. Well you guys called it, buyout
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-05-2019, 11:14 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I remember reading the Taggart hired thread. Well you guys called it, buyout

Still not sure why the AD was dumb enough to sign Taggart to a contract that included a significant buyout.  Taggert let it be known FSU was his dream job so there was no way he was going to turn it down as long as FSU gave him a decent salary and paid his Oregon Buyout.