Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We’re still not out of this thing yet

I just took a look at the AFC South standings and here’s where we are

Texans 6-3
Colts 5-3
Jags 4-5
Titans 4-5

We’re gonna need some help but 9-7 is not out of reach. We need to get on a roll and we need a little help.

If we rip off the next 4 who knows. The Mania will be in full effect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

5 of last years playoff teams at this stage last season had losing records...I heard earlier.

Brissett went out for the Colts, Hoyer in.
Tannehill now T*tans #1 QB.

If we can just stop beating ourselves...

(11-03-2019, 06:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 5 of last years playoff teams at this stage last season had losing records...I heard earlier.

Wow. 
It just shows that you can’t ever quit. If we play Jaguar football the next 4 weeks we could be at 8-5 with a chance.

Just gotta clean some stuff up and get back at it.

Whole thing hinges on how we play the colts this year IMO.

There are four winnable games left even with our issues because we'll face non-mobile QBs that our pass rush can force into errors.

Brissett I don't feel as certain about and he's getting good protection so if we split that matchup 1-1 then maybe 9-7 is possible. Seems a tall order after watching our defense get gashed today.

(11-03-2019, 06:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Whole thing hinges on how we play the colts this year IMO.

There are four winnable games left even with our issues because we'll face non-mobile QBs that our pass rush can force into errors.

Brissett I don't feel as certain about and he's getting good protection so if we split that matchup 1-1 then maybe 9-7 is possible.  Seems a tall order after watching our defense get gashed today.

Dareus matters.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-03-2019, 06:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 5 of last years playoff teams at this stage last season had losing records...I heard earlier.

Wow. 
It just shows that you can’t ever quit. If we play Jaguar football the next 4 weeks we could be at 8-5 with a chance.

This is it. Were doing 90% of it right at times, were just not getting our rewards. Fournette is around 800yds rushing but 1 TD. Minshew today had 309yds passing but we only had 3 points.

Were doing the hard part.

Playoffs???

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13133518]
My sig goes here!

(11-03-2019, 06:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Whole thing hinges on how we play the colts this year IMO.

Brissett I don't feel as certain about and he's getting good protection so if we split that matchup 1-1 then maybe 9-7 is possible.  Seems a tall order after watching our defense get gashed today.

Brissett went out injured today. Hoyer came in 2nd Q and finished the game.

Who else is going to compete for the second wild card (Bills are almost guaranteed to get the 5th seed). We have a chance and Foles has a history of playing well when the teams back is against the wall. We can do this but it’s slim odds

(11-03-2019, 06:25 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Wow. 

This is it. Were doing 90% of it right at times, were just not getting our rewards. Fournette is around 800yds rushing but 1 TD. Minshew today had 309yds passing but we only had 3 points.

Were doing the hard part.

We have big issues in the red zone. I think we’re ranked dead last in red zone offense.

You can’t run toss sweeps on the one yard line in the Jets game. 

And of all the plays in the world, we call and dive play for the game winning 2pt conversion and get stuffed at Texans. 

The OC needs to have a better feel for the game and cater towards your players abilities.

(11-03-2019, 06:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Dareus matters.

Yep.

Especially with these LBs being fooled out of their gaps so easily by every other team we face copying each other's success with pre-snap motion.

(11-03-2019, 06:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Brissett went out injured today. Hoyer came in 2nd Q and finished the game.

Wow. Any idea how serious the injury?  (I hope he's good of course, but I'd rather face Hoyer)

(11-03-2019, 06:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Who else is going to compete for the second wild card (Bills are almost guaranteed to get the 5th seed). We have a chance and Foles has a history of playing well when the teams back is against the wall. We can do this but it’s slim odds

It's going to be very tough from here. We would have to win out probably. But we need some consistency. At the moment we are consistently inconsistent.

L-L-W-W-L-L-W-W-L

(11-03-2019, 06:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Who else is going to compete for the second wild card (Bills are almost guaranteed to get the 5th seed). We have a chance and Foles has a history of playing well when the teams back is against the wall. We can do this but it’s slim odds

I don’t think the Bills are guaranteed a spot just yet. I won’t never forget the Lions started off 6-2 with Kitna at QB, only to lose 8 straight games and miss the playoffs. 

The Colts got beat today and lost their starting QB. 

The Titans got beat today and have All World Tannehill at QB now.

We definitely need the Texans to lose a few games. Dang I wish we convert that 2 pt conversion at Texans. But for now we’re 2 games back.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 06:36 PM by JagFan81.)

(11-03-2019, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dareus matters.

Yep.

Especially with these LBs being fooled out of their gaps so easily by every other team we face copying each other's success with pre-snap motion.

(11-03-2019, 06:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Brissett went out injured today. Hoyer came in 2nd Q and finished the game.

Wow. Any idea how serious the injury?  (I hope he's good of course, but I'd rather face Hoyer)

He had his ankle stepped on by his own linesman then the same lineman rolled onto his knee. He was walking about on the sideline but never came back in. Dont think theyve said anything 'official' yet. It was a knee injury

But I know what you mean.

(11-03-2019, 06:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yep.

He had his ankle stepped on by his own linesman then the same lineman rolled onto his knee. He was walking about on the sideline but never came back in. Dont think theyve said anything 'official' yet. It was a knee injury

Looked it up and found "probable knee sprain, possibly MCL partial tear. "

That could be 2 to 3 weeks and a brace, or the rest of the season depending on MRI and his willingness to risk further injury to ligaments.

Huuuuge blow to the Colts and their playoff hopes. First Luck retires and now Brissette is hurt. Huge loss.

(11-03-2019, 06:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: He had his ankle stepped on by his own linesman then the same lineman rolled onto his knee. He was walking about on the sideline but never came back in. Dont think theyve said anything 'official' yet. It was a knee injury

Looked it up and found "probable knee sprain, possibly MCL partial tear. "

That could be 2 to 3 weeks and a brace, or the rest of the season depending on MRI and his willingness to risk further injury to ligaments.

That could put him out for us then. Never wish injury but I'd rather have Hoyer. How many loses can the Colts survive. 

Theyve got Miami next week (who accidentally got a W today!!) and they should have won today so hopefully they can have one of those Colts games.

Hoyer is a decent backup so we’re still gonna have to bring our A game.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Most delusional fans in NFL history.  Worse than Cowboys fans.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 08:39 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

We’re not making the playoffs man. Just enjoy having a competitive team again (even though we weren’t today) We’re an 8-8 team, middle of the pack. It is what it is.