Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 03:04 PM by Mowerguy.)

Like I said above ....jobs 1 & 2 is beat the clots and the tacks (again) ....he's the one with all the experience.
Time to walk the talk and start earning the $$$.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2019, 02:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:46 PM)Rico Wrote: This is just plain stupid.

Saving his job = winning.  

If he didn't think he had the best shot of winning, why would he start him?  In case you missed it, they blew out the tacks and haven't played the clots yet.  They still have a shot at the playoffs, you're going to play who you think can get you there.

Okay.. yay for a mediocre season where we gain nothing, learn nothing and accomplish nothing.

#becausejaguars

We learned that our 6th round pick has the potential to become a franchise QB if he continues to develop. 

Now we get to learn how long we'll be able to wait before rushing him to start again.

It was a mediocre 8.75 games with Minshew, and will likely continue to be more of the same  - more because of the issues with O-Line protection and LB play than what's going on at QB.

(11-11-2019, 03:04 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Like I said above ....jobs 1 & 2 is beat the clots and the tacks (again) ....he's the one with all the experience.
Time to walk the talk and start earning the $$$.

Just as a caveat, we beat the tacks with Ramsey and while they started Ms Mary 

No longer have Ramsey and Tannehill looks 10X better than Ms Mary

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 03:26 PM by Mowerguy.)

And we can only hope that NF7 will last until the end of season.
Maybe even catch us a wild card.
Then at least in 2020 .....we'll at least know what we have at QB....and move on to
building the rest of the team.
Heck maybe even welcome a new head coach and staff.

....hope to heck NF7 is better than tannehill
granted "cuss box" forced a fumble but AJ, Goode & Harrison combine for 4 interceptions.
so guess we'll see.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 03:19 PM by Kane.)

(11-11-2019, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 01:49 PM)Kane Wrote: People still salty about the coaching staff making the smart decision

Fanboys gonna fan, I guess.

Foles will be the starter unless or until he is injured.
Or perhaps if Minshew looks clearly better next off season.

Time to get over it, kids.

It's to save his job - not for the good of the franchise.

Let's face it - the coach cares about winning now, not what's best 10 years from now when he's not even coaching anymore.

The Jags are worse than the tacks, clots and tinhorns this year. That's just fact... a QB isn't going to change that - so let's see if we need to draft one next year or not.

I care about winning now.
You should too.
Minshew is here for at least 4 years on his rookie deal... so it isn't like he's being tossed away like worthless garbage.

If he didn't think he had the best shot of winning, why would he start him?  In case you missed it, they blew out the tacks and haven't played the clots yet.  They still have a shot at the playoffs, you're going to play who you think can get you there.

Okay.. yay for a mediocre season where we gain nothing, learn nothing and accomplish nothing.

#becausejaguars

Minshew was 4-4 as starter. 
The definition of mediocre or average.

If Foles wins 6 of the next 7, is that a mediocre season where we've learned nothing?
Nah, we'll have learned Foles is pretty good. Better than a 6th round rookie, and with above average QB play we are a playoff contender.

But you've already made your mind up (ermergehrrrd minchew da greeatust) and like being a whiny twit, so what else can we say to sway you at this point.

I think you've convinced me your name is Ryan Day

#becausejaguars

So making the playoffs is bad?

#becausereallystupid
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-11-2019, 02:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: Will be really interesting to see what the offense looks like and how the players react to Foles' return.

Minshew was good, but there's just so little time to be able to practice and expand the playbook for a rookie QB while game-planning and scheming week in and week out.
Hopefully, Foles gets up to game speed quickly. The run game will be so important these first few games.

4-5 with the vet QB returning, while the team as a whole is getting healthy. Feels like a fresh start to the season, plenty to be optimistic about.

I think we'll see Westbrook and Oliver being targeted in the middle of the field more than we've seen, I think we'll see Conley targeted a bit more on timing routes, and I think we'll see intensified use of Fournette and Armstead on swing passes, wheels, and screens. 

I don't have much expectation as to how successful that will or won't be.  So hard to know what you're going to get from the O-Line protection, the run game, and the run defense right now. All three of those elements have been inconsistent enough that they could cost you potential victories.

lol, is that what you think? You practically named the whole team. "Um, I think he will throw it to one of the receivers or one of our backs and depending on our o-line it might or might not be successful" Really insightful there buddy.. you really know your stuff, LOL... Good Grief....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 04:04 PM by Kane.)

(11-11-2019, 04:01 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think we'll see Westbrook and Oliver being targeted in the middle of the field more than we've seen, I think we'll see Conley targeted a bit more on timing routes, and I think we'll see intensified use of Fournette and Armstead on swing passes, wheels, and screens. 

I don't have much expectation as to how successful that will or won't be.  So hard to know what you're going to get from the O-Line protection, the run game, and the run defense right now. All three of those elements have been inconsistent enough that they could cost you potential victories.

lol, is that what you think? You practically named the whole team. "Um, I think he will throw it to one of the receivers or one of our backs and depending on our o-line it might or might not be successful" Really insightful there buddy.. you really know your stuff, LOL... Good Grief....

boycott!

He's actually explaining how much of the playbook will be opened up with Foles. As opposed to the very limited play calling we saw with Minshew
which was Chark deep or scramble drill most passing plays

(11-11-2019, 02:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think we'll see Westbrook and Oliver being targeted in the middle of the field more than we've seen, I think we'll see Conley targeted a bit more on timing routes, and I think we'll see intensified use of Fournette and Armstead on swing passes, wheels, and screens. 

It's actually a list of very specific predictions

Targets to the middle of the field have been low.  I'm saying they'll increase and I'm telling you who will receive them.

I'm then telling you that not only will Conley's targets increase, but those targets are likely to come on timing routes as he and Foles showed chemistry in that specific aspect of the passing game in preseason. 

Lastly I'm telling you he'll throw to the backs more than Minshew did. 

I didn't randomly throw out a list of players that Foles might target as you are attempting to suggest. 
Sorry you are having a tough time understanding words, sentences and their meanings.

yea not sure what you read. plenty insight there.

(11-11-2019, 04:02 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 04:01 PM)Ronster Wrote: lol, is that what you think? You practically named the whole team. "Um, I think he will throw it to one of the receivers or one of our backs and depending on our o-line it might or might not be successful" Really insightful there buddy.. you really know your stuff, LOL... Good Grief....

boycott!

He's actually explaining how much of the playbook will be opened up with Foles. As opposed to the very limited play calling we saw with Minshew
which was Chark deep  or scramble drill most passing plays
NO!

I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE FIRST PERSON TO RESPOND WITH BOYCOOOOOOOTTTTT

No wonder you act like you do.  You don't know your [BLEEP] from a hole in the ground if that's what you're getting out of it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-12-2019, 10:05 AM)Rico Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 04:01 PM)Ronster Wrote: lol, is that what you think? You practically named the whole team. "Um, I think he will throw it to one of the receivers or one of our backs and depending on our o-line it might or might not be successful" Really insightful there buddy.. you really know your stuff, LOL... Good Grief....

No wonder you act like you do.  You don't know your [BLEEP] from a hole in the ground if that's what you're getting out of it.

He is the man of all men when it comes to football intellect.  Foles will lead us to the 6th seed, and show all that it was a mistake not believing in him.  I'm excited to see this.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Minshew's 9 games were mediocre when comparing to a veterans QB. It was historically good for a rookie QB. Obviously, I can't speak for anyone except me, but I'm not interested in starting Minshew because he's better than Foles. I'm interested in starting him because I think he'll be better by next season, and the experience, IMO, is only going to help him get there quicker.

(11-12-2019, 06:26 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Minshew's 9 games were mediocre when comparing to a veterans QB. It was historically good for a rookie QB. Obviously, I can't speak for anyone except me, but I'm not interested in starting Minshew because he's better than Foles. I'm interested in starting him because I think he'll be better by next season, and the experience, IMO, is only going to help him get there quicker.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner. The Future is now and his name is Gardner. Foles is QB Purgatory and not much more.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Let's give Foles a chance - we're paying him 88 mil for some reason or other...
"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM by AmeliaFL.)

So, it looks like Foles will be the Starting QB for the Jaguars as long as the Jags win games he is in on, and stays healthy on a weekly basis, and Gardner is his backup,

(11-11-2019, 09:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 01:30 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Notice above how Minshew has more losses this year so far than Foles had in two seasons, Playoffs included, with the Eagles.
Good grief.

He's a 6th round rookie who went .500 in his 8 starts.

It's still part of the decision to start the rookie or the Super Bowl winning vet.
'02

(11-13-2019, 09:32 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 09:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good grief.

He's a 6th round rookie who went .500 in his 8 starts.

It's still part of the decision to start the rookie or the Super Bowl winning vet.
Shocked the Ravens let Flacco walk out the door. I mean he is a SB winning vet after all.

(11-12-2019, 06:26 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Minshew's 9 games were mediocre when comparing to a veterans QB. It was historically good for a rookie QB. Obviously, I can't speak for anyone except me, but I'm not interested in starting Minshew because he's better than Foles. I'm interested in starting him because I think he'll be better by next season, and the experience, IMO, is only going to help him get there quicker.

I think that's been everyone's argument in favor of keeping the stache under center.

Short term suffering for a long-term gain.

If Foles has any rust yet to be shaken off, the wolves will be howling for Minshew's return.

The other side of the coin is that Minshew now has a half season of experience training, watching film, recuperating, gameplanning, and leading the team. That experience will make everything the coaches are saying to both him and Foles that much more clear and relatable, without taking the wear and tear for the remainder of the season.

I expect him to be well prepared for a dogfight next season, if it comes to that.