Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(11-06-2019, 11:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 10:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Maybe not across his career...but has the past few years...Flacco went to the Superbowl ridding the back of the best defense in decades.... totally different

They both threw for 3 TDs in their respective Superbowl. 

Super bowl MVP means nothing going forward and doesn't not override a whole career.

Foles wasn't highly sought after this offseason for a reason. He's a solid QB but not worth a huge contract

We have no idea if he is or is not worth his huge contract because he hasn't played enough yet.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He averaged a TD every 11 plays. Is that good?

(11-07-2019, 09:10 PM)Jagson Wrote: He averaged a TD every 11 plays. Is that good?

I would say yes

(11-07-2019, 09:10 PM)Jagson Wrote: He averaged a TD every 11 plays. Is that good?

He also averages 11 plays every 2 1/2 months. Is that good?

(11-08-2019, 01:04 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

Laughing

(11-08-2019, 01:04 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

*snort*

Hahaha.  Sad but true.
 Man, I hope he can last a few weeks for us this time.

(11-07-2019, 02:42 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 11:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: They both threw for 3 TDs in their respective Superbowl. 

Super bowl MVP means nothing going forward and doesn't not override a whole career.

Foles wasn't highly sought after this offseason for a reason. He's a solid QB but not worth a huge contract

We have no idea if he is or is not worth his huge contract because he hasn't played enough yet.

Does his play in Philly count? 

Asking for a friend.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 10:27 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

(11-06-2019, 10:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 10:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Joe Flacco was a Superbowl MVP and I wouldn't trust him to do anything.

Foles played well in the Superbowl run but he's not shown high level play across his career. He's a journeyman.

Maybe not across his career...but has the past few years...Flacco went to the Superbowl ridding the back of the best defense in decades.... totally different

The Ravens defense actually wasn’t very good that year. I’m not saying Flacco was great, they actually just won one of the worst divisions in the league, then got hot in the playoffs.

(11-07-2019, 02:42 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 11:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: They both threw for 3 TDs in their respective Superbowl. 

$22 million per year s far from a “huge contract” for a QB in today’s NFL. It’s actually one of the lowest average yearly salaries for a projected starter who isn’t still on his rookie contract.

(11-08-2019, 10:35 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 02:42 AM)Jags02 Wrote: We have no idea if he is or is not worth his huge contract because he hasn't played enough yet.

$22 million per year s far from a “huge contract” for a QB in today’s NFL. It’s actually one of the lowest average yearly salaries for a projected starter who isn’t still on his rookie contract.

But that doesn't fit the narrative of over paying for an average QB.

(I would like to note that I feel like we over paid for an average QB but no use whining about it now lol)

(11-08-2019, 10:38 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:35 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: $22 million per year s far from a “huge contract” for a QB in today’s NFL. It’s actually one of the lowest average yearly salaries for a projected starter who isn’t still on his rookie contract.

But that doesn't fit the narrative of over paying for an average QB.

(I would like to note that I feel like we over paid for an average QB but no use whining about it now lol)

I'm amazed by how many posters were enraged because we weren't in on Kirk Cousins, but also now hate the Foles signing despite the fact that it's the same tier of QB for $39 million dollars less guaranteed money. 

Cry Huh

(11-08-2019, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:38 AM)Kane Wrote: But that doesn't fit the narrative of over paying for an average QB.

I'm amazed by how many posters were enraged because we weren't in on Kirk Cousins, but also now hate the Foles signing despite the fact that it's the same tier of QB for $39 million dollars less guaranteed money. 

Cry Huh

I wasn't big on the Foles signing, but at the time I was like "what else are we gonna do?"
I never wanted Cousins, because his contract is a cap strangler. 84 mil fully gtd? Ouch.

That being said, I do believe Cousins is a better QB than Foles.
But if they don't win a SB with him, I feel like that's a bust. That's a lot of ched for a couple playoff wins. 

Foles money was spread out over more years with a smaller base and less gtd with a 2 year out. Way more team friendly. Way more palatable.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 05:29 PM by nhiverson.)

Team better go 5-2 the rest of the way at worst if he is supposed to be leaps and bounds better then Minshew.
No Fun

(11-08-2019, 05:29 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Team better go 5-2 the rest of the way at worst if he is supposed to be leaps and bounds better then Minshew.

Leaps and bounds?  

Haven't seen that being touted anywhere. 
 I keep reading "tough decision" and "experience" and "gets the ball out a little quicker."  Not seeing anyone here or elsewhere claiming Foles will be leaps and bounds better.

foles first pass will be a pick 6 unforttattly. we are to predictaile of a team. 1st down run up the middle with fornate, 2coned down run up the middle again, 3red down put pressure on qb to pass and he makes a mistake cause of the pressure.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 06:32 PM by mal234.)

(11-08-2019, 05:29 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Team better go 5-2 the rest of the way at worst if he is supposed to be leaps and bounds better then Minshew.

Hello, everyone. I'm new. I have lurked this site for a bit and wanted to post.

I wanted Minshew to continue to start but I can understand why the staff decided to go with Nick. I do feel like in order for this to end up being a successful enough decision, that the team needs to win at least five games with Nick. I do feel he needs to have more win than GM (though not necessarily run the table or even win 6 games). And I think that is a fair request. He's starting about the same amount of games as Minshew, and he's more experienced. I also think that this part of the schedule is easier or at the very least comparable to the first half. Plus the team is getting back some other players from injury. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the team should win like five games with him. If he's better than GM, the team should perform better and possibly get at least one more win, than they did with GM.

Especially since I've seen on places like Twitter a lot of people who favor Nick, try to downplay what Gardner did when he was starting. And harp on how he beat weak teams. There are people that act like GM didn't really do anything even though he did enough for the team to still be in position for a WC. I felt like overall Gardner did a pretty decent job, especially for a 6th round rookie that wasn't supposed to start. 

There are people out there that are acting like Nick is way better than Gardner and like he's done more for the Jags. Even though he hasn't played one full game for them yet. A lot of people like to mention him being a SuperBowl MVP and what he's done for the Eagles the past couple of seasons. Which can't be denied, though this is a different team than the Eagles.

I am interested in seeing how Nick does and I do think he could win at least five games. Maybe better. I also hope to see GM start again. I do believe he can be a starter, especially if he develops more as a QB.

(11-08-2019, 05:56 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: foles first pass will be a pick 6 unforttattly. we are to predictaile of a team.   1st down run up the middle with fornate, 2coned down run up the middle again, 3red down  put pressure on qb to pass and he makes a mistake cause of the pressure.

Why do you even bother watching with that kind of attitude?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-08-2019, 06:26 PM)mal234 Wrote:

Hello, everyone. I'm new. I have lurked this site for a bit and wanted to post.

I wanted Minshew to continue to start but I can understand why the staff decided to go with Nick. I do feel like in order for this to end up being a successful enough decision, that the team needs to win at least five games with Nick. I do feel he needs to have more win than GM (though not necessarily run the table or even win 6 games). And I think that is a fair request. He's starting about the same amount of games as Minshew, and he's more experienced. I also think that this part of the schedule is easier or at the very least comparable to the first half. Plus the team is getting back some other players from injury. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the team should win like five games with him. If he's better than GM, the team should perform better and possibly get at least one more win, than they did with GM.

Especially since I've seen on places like Twitter a lot of people who favor Nick, try to downplay what Gardner did when he was starting. And harp on how he beat weak teams. There are people that act like GM didn't really do anything even though he did enough for the team to still be in position for a WC. I felt like overall Gardner did a pretty decent job, especially for a 6th round rookie that wasn't supposed to start. 

There are people out there that are acting like Nick is way better than Gardner and like he's done more for the Jags. Even though he hasn't played one full game for them yet. A lot of people like to mention him being a SuperBowl MVP and what he's done for the Eagles the past couple of seasons. Which can't be denied, though this is a different team than the Eagles.

I am interested in seeing how Nick does and I do think he could win at least five games. Maybe better. I also hope to see GM start again. I do believe he can be a starter, especially if he develops more as a QB.

I don't mean to downplay how well GM has played, but I feel like the tape on him is allowing teams to figure him out resulting in him hitting a bit of a wall. I kind of think letting him sit a bit may just be in his best interest, and in the team's.

The one concern with Foles is if he can handle the pressure the Jaguars are allowing given his known lack of mobility as a QB. With that said, he was under considerable pressure many teams in the Playoffs and SB after taking over for the Eagles, and he managed to figure it out. He's able to dissect the field and gets the ball out quickly, and he knows the nuances of the game better such as using your TEs more. Minshew has done a great job beating teams we should beat, but I agree with Marrone when he says Foles gives us the best chance to win. Just maybe with Foles we can also beat a few winning teams.

The biggest plus we have going for the us with Foles is his amazing deep accuracy. He can fit the ball right in there. I'm a little nervous that he may not have the developed chemistry with the WRs since it's been so long since the offseason when he was last developing it, but his ability to nail the deeper throws is something Minshew still needs to develop. Minshew can get it out there and has developed excellent chemistry, but you may have noticed that most of the passes thrown out there are contested or require the WR to track down often at the expense of having to come back for the ball. With Nick, I can see him hitting those guys in stride with a couple of steps on the CBs.

Moreover, should we make the Playoffs, we're going to be glad we have the QB in there with postseason experience. If there's one thing I've learned over the years about the postseason, it's that rookies and the postseason rarely ever mix well.
'02

(11-08-2019, 06:45 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 05:56 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: foles first pass will be a pick 6 unforttattly. we are to predictaile of a team.   1st down run up the middle with fornate, 2coned down run up the middle again, 3red down  put pressure on qb to pass and he makes a mistake cause of the pressure.

Why do you even bother watching with that kind of attitude?

because i still hope for little mircles,and i enjoy spending the sundays with my dad.   also hope someday jags will get a real heach that has a winning record.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Gardner had his chance to show what he can do. He did not do enough when the pressure was on to justify Foles staying on the bench.

Now Foles gets a chance to see what he can do with the same offensive weapons.

We must also give Foles credit for mentoring he provided Minshew.

With Foles we have an height advantage and quicker read/release plus his calm demeanor relaxes receivers enabling them to be loose and play up to their full potential. Once the passing game gets clicking smoothly the running game and play action will have more success.

The defense is chomping at the bit to show what they can do with a lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk