Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What would you do to the college football playoff?
This poll is closed.
Leave as-is, only power 5 should ever be invited
33.33%
1 33.33%
Proposal #1
0%
0 0%
Proposal #2
33.33%
1 33.33%
Something else, post below.
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Improve the college football playoffs.

(11-14-2019, 01:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 01:01 PM)Kane Wrote: Boy... a lot to unpack here.
Yes, I can be sure that 2012 ND team was better. The roster had more NFL talent to start with.
I never said they don't deserve a meaningful game, I said with their schedule they don't deserve the playoffs. 
I am dismissive of bowl games in general as a money grab and it's very true that when big schools don't meet their BCS/Playoff hopes a lot of them tend to mail it in for their bowl games. It is what it is.
Co-National champs is a joke in the playoff era, and yeah they beat Auburn that year, nice close bowl game. Well deserved... they wouldn't have sniffed a victory vs Bama or Clemson or Georgia or OSU, or OU. You're kidding yourself.

But leave it to mikesez to be the voice of the little people. HAHAHA.

There is no longer a joint national title. That is some AP poll/BCS nonsense.
There is a playoff, the winner is the national champion. No matter what UCF says.

Honestly, the best improvement could be removing a committee from the equation and having a system set up like the NFL. Divisions, conferences, champions, simple.
Hell, you wanna include the little guys? 8 conferences, include the MAC and SUN. And they can be one and done when they get matched up with the real talent. I would love to watch Bama murder Boise St in the first round of college football playoff (said no one ever)

NCAA also says UCF and Bama share the title in 2017.
You'd have to add not one but probably two weeks to the season to get a true NFL style playoff.
I agree people don't want that.  No one wants to see the MAC winner go up against the SEC winner in a playoff game, most years. But if it's a strange year where the MAC winner is undefeated, and the SEC winner has 2 losses, a lot more people get interested.  
That's why my proposals say what they say.
No weeks added to the season.
10 conference champions.
The four conference champs that are highest on the Colley Matrix are the playoff teams.
No bye weeks. 
No laying down to duck out of a conference championship.
And 9 times out of 10, the four teams selected would be power 5 teams, like you wish for.  
But now we decide things only based on what happened on the field this year, not on people's opinions or what happened 20 years ago.

I honestly don't care what NCAA and Colley Matrix say.
Champions are decided by championships.
UCF didn't play in one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Improve the college football playoffs. - by Kane - 11-14-2019, 02:02 PM