Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Minshew: I think I proved I can be 'a guy' the NFL

Minshew: I think I proved I can be 'a guy' the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...uy-the-nfl

The Jaguars sent rookie Gardner Minshew back to the bench in favor of Nick Foles. After eight games, Minshew believes he can be an impact player in the league for a long time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Like the Terminator, he’ll “be bock”.

Dang right!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm excited to see what Minshew can absorb and correct. I think he's got some rare gifts that will be tough to defend when he fine tunes his game from the pocket. (yes - I know he needs a better pocket to work from)

He's an asset to the team and could easily be the starter again by necessity or design.

(11-14-2019, 11:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm excited to see what Minshew can absorb and correct.  I think he's got some rare gifts that will be tough to defend when he fine tunes his game from the pocket.  (yes - I know he needs a better pocket to work from)

He's an asset to the team and could easily be the starter again by necessity or design.

How many years does he wait to be the starter before he asks to be traded?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(11-14-2019, 06:25 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 11:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm excited to see what Minshew can absorb and correct.  I think he's got some rare gifts that will be tough to defend when he fine tunes his game from the pocket.  (yes - I know he needs a better pocket to work from)

How many years does he wait to be the starter before he asks to be traded?

a. not his style to do that

b. I don't think he'll have to wait long enough for it to matter

At latest I see 2021/2022 season.

(11-14-2019, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 06:25 PM)Dimson Wrote: How many years does he wait to be the starter before he asks to be traded?

a. not his style to do that

So when do you feel he’ll be starting? And will it be for the jags?

(11-14-2019, 08:45 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: a. not his style to do that

So when do you feel he’ll be starting?  And will it be for the jags?

Best guess is either mid-season next year  (for the Jags) if a QB needy team trades for Foles before the deadline - or beginning of 2021 after the Jags release Foles in the offseason to save 38 million over 2022/23.

About 2 weeks from now and yes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't think matchsticks lasts three games
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 05:44 AM by Predator.)

I agree with Minshew.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 06:27 AM by The Real Marty.)

There are two different questions:  When will he be starting, and when will he be the starter.  

I think he could be the starter as soon as next season.  Or he might have to wait until the season after that if Foles does well.  

But as to the question, when will he be starting, that's anybody's guess.  

I don't think the Jaguars will ever trade the guy.  He'll be here for at least until the end of his rookie contract.

Next year, I could see him competing in training camp for the starter's job although 2020 will probably still see Foles as the starter. After that, Minshew Mania will probably returns unless we draft Mahomes 2.0. Maybe Minshew is Mahomes 2.0 and we just don't know it yet. Wouldn't that be great?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Absolutely. Right guy for the franchise. Rock star charisma. Can't wait for it to be his turn to be "the guy" permanently. And that is zero knock on Foles.

To me, this does not sound like a guy who has the self confidence to be an NFL starter. He thinks he can be "a guy" in the NFL? I want my potential future starting QB to say he can be one of "the elite guys" in the NFL. You need your QB to have a swagger about him. Minshew has a great personality, but I'm not seeing that self confidence on the field. Maybe it will come in time. I hope so, but I found his words a little troubling.

(11-15-2019, 12:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:45 PM)NoShoes Wrote: So when do you feel he’ll be starting?  And will it be for the jags?

About 2 weeks from now and yes.
(11-15-2019, 01:45 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I don't think matchsticks lasts three games
He is only starting if the coaches get fired or Foles gets hurt. They are sitting him to learn and protect the stupid coaching and GMs.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(11-19-2019, 01:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, this does not sound like a guy who has the self confidence to be an NFL starter. He thinks he can be "a guy" in the NFL? I want my potential future starting QB to say he can be one of "the elite guys" in the NFL. You need your QB to have a swagger about him. Minshew has a great personality, but I'm not seeing that self confidence on the field. Maybe it will come in time. I hope so, but I found his words a little troubling.

Then he would sound unwisely cocky. He’s a good ball player with big potential who was humbled on the big stage by truly elite players. It’s best to keep it low key. I think you’re reading too much into semantics.

Minshew gives us a spark that matchstix can’t.

I think we go back to Minshew before the end of the season. Foles gets traded in the offseason and this team will be Minshew’s for next 10 years.

They need to give Oliver more looks so we can find out if Minshew needs him or not.

(11-14-2019, 06:47 PM)icey14 Wrote: At latest I see 2021/2022 season.

I see sooner ....A LOT sooner.

@O-line ........no QB ever made a statement like that.Biscuit is exactly right.

Minshew has been humble and let his play do his talking. He's gone along with the fun stuff ....like Uncle Rico but been very serious
about football.

Be prepared for the melt down of the few fans that haven't already if the tacks mop up their stadium with NF7.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson