Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
20,000th Post

I've been noodling this milestone post around for a few days, but I got a nasty bug yesterday and have been incapacitated. Here it is today from my slightly delirious state .

I would like to take this occasion to thank all of the denizens of the Jungle for 10 great years of camaraderie. I know that we don't all get along all the time, but our love for the Jaguars brings this slightly deranged group together to ruminate on the good and bad of our favorite NFL team, and I appreciate all of you and your contributions.

I would also like to reiterate the proposal from some time ago that we establish a message board Hall of Fame. I still think of Dakota when we're arguing in here, and now with Bullseye hanging it up this week I think we should be intentional about honoring those who play a significant part in this community, preferably while they are still around to hear it. If a mod or group of mods would take on this side project I would be happy to help however I can.

Well, enough emoting, on to the game. 

Go Jags!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Big Grin 

(11-17-2019, 02:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I've been noodling this milestone post around for a few days, but I got a nasty bug yesterday and have been incapacitated. Here it is today from my slightly delirious state .

I would like to take this occasion to thank all of the denizens of the Jungle for 10 great years of camaraderie. I know that we don't all get along all the time, but our love for the Jaguars brings this slightly deranged group together to ruminate on the good and bad of our favorite NFL team, and I appreciate all of you and your contributions.

I would also like to reiterate the proposal from some time ago that we establish a message board Hall of Fame. I still think of Dakota when we're arguing in here, and now with Bullseye hanging it up this week I think we should be intentional about honoring those who play a significant part in this community, preferably while they are still around to hear it. If a mod or group of mods would take on this side project I would be happy to help however I can.

Go Jags!

You're a definite pain in my [BLEEP] but we're (Jaguars) family so.....  Big Grin

[Image: basement2.jpg]

(11-17-2019, 06:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: basement2.jpg]

Dude's in way better shape than I am.

(11-17-2019, 06:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 02:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I've been noodling this milestone post around for a few days, but I got a nasty bug yesterday and have been incapacitated. Here it is today from my slightly delirious state .

Go Jags!

You're a definite pain in my [BLEEP] but we're (Jaguars) family so.....  Big Grin

Thanks, I love you too!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hell, I was over 20,000 before they switched over to this new board. I don't know where my posts went.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-18-2019, 08:24 AM)Rico Wrote: Hell, I was over 20,000 before they switched over to this new board.  I don't know where my posts went.

Probably the same place all the upvotes went.

(11-18-2019, 08:24 AM)Rico Wrote: Hell, I was over 20,000 before they switched over to this new board.  I don't know where my posts went.

We all lost a lot of posts in the transfer.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 02:42 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-18-2019, 10:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Probably the same place all the upvotes went.

I hear Dragon Fury is hoarding them all, someone get him a korean from the redlight so he will give em back.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 03:42 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

It's topics like this (20,000 Posts) that make me look at my own post count and reflect upon how irrelevant my life has become.

(11-18-2019, 03:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It's topics like this (20,000 Posts) that make me look at my own post count and reflect upon how irrelevant my life has become.

Pfffftttt...like I needed a message board to tell me that about myself.

(11-17-2019, 06:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 06:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: basement2.jpg]

Dude's in way better shape than I am.

(11-17-2019, 06:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You're a definite pain in my [BLEEP] but we're (Jaguars) family so.....  Big Grin

Thanks, I love you too!

Hugs + kisses!!

Do you want to start over and see if you can do it again?  I can make it happen.   Wink

Post counts and "likes" or "reputation points" wasn't a big priority for us when we migrated the board to here.  I do know that there are several users here that have been here and participated for many years that had their post counts "decreased" after the move.  I have had several reach out to me in order to "fix" the problem.

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think that the goal of this site/board is for people to get "reputation" or "likes".  I just haven't felt the need to fix the bug.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I lost around 4000. It only proves I need to get a life.

(11-19-2019, 06:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Do you want to start over and see if you can do it again?  I can make it happen.   Wink

Post counts and "likes" or "reputation points" wasn't a big priority for us when we migrated the board to here.  I do know that there are several users here that have been here and participated for many years that had their post counts "decreased" after the move.  I have had several reach out to me in order to "fix" the problem.

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think that the goal of this site/board is for people to get "reputation" or "likes".  I just haven't felt the need to fix the bug.

Good grief...chill.

Yea I was around 23,000 before transfer I just don’t have as much time to post these days. Eventually life will settle back down
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-18-2019, 12:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

We all lost a lot of posts in the transfer.

Yes we did, unfortunately.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I concur there should be message board "pride" or something for those we've lost.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-19-2019, 09:57 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 06:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Do you want to start over and see if you can do it again?  I can make it happen.   Wink

Good grief...chill.

I do it every chance that I get.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I had around 10k posts then lot my password, then created JagFanatic24 and now I’m around 11k.

I emailed the mods and had them update my count. Maybe they will update yours Rico

Yeah, I don't get the big deal on post counts and whatever. I was here (on the old board) back in the day, maybe 2005 or '06 ( or earlier) and left around 2007 or '08 due to life situations. Never thought I'd be back though I'd lurk once in awhile. Life for back to some semblance of normalcy and being a now out of market fan I figured I'd come back. Couldn't remember my old password and don't have my old email account so I had to start over. 

I did like the thumbs up and down just to let a poster know I agreed or disagreed with something they said. Whoever got their panties in a wad about it and got it removed probably shouldn't be on a message board in the first place. If you can't handle people who disagree with you life is going to be very hard for you.