Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todd Wash...

Please fire him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Was he the one who benched Minshew?

...sucks
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

Somebody said Nick Fortles. Ha! That’s funny

But yeah, Wash....He’s had sooo much talent on our defense and we can’t stop the run.

They allowed a 3rd and 19 to be converted with a freakin screen pass. On third and long they had the zone play behind the 1st down marker. These are either the worst NFL LBs and Secondary or the coach plans are awful.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I hate this soft zone so much.

The only time our D looks good is when the DL is playing out of their minds. Anything less than that and the whole D looks incompetent.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-17-2019, 08:54 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I hate this soft zone so much.

The only time our D looks good is when the DL is playing out of their minds.  Anything less than that and the whole D looks incompetent.

My thoughts exactly. The only real bright spot on this defense is the pass rush. Everything else to poor-mediocre.

For what its worth, we also only scored 7 points. A pathetic showing all around.

(11-17-2019, 04:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Was he the one who benched Minshew?

Nah, he was the one who let Colts score on us at will

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 10:08 PM by JagFan81.)

(11-17-2019, 08:22 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: They allowed a 3rd and 19 to be converted with a freakin screen pass.  On third and long they had the zone play behind the 1st down marker.  These are either the worst NFL LBs and Secondary or the coach plans are awful.

I was so angry with this. Had them pinned, it was only a 3pt game I think, give up that 3rd and 19 on a freaking screen and they score a TD on that drive and its suddenly 10pt lead and a different game. We are on the bad end of these game changing plays almost every time. I'm done with Wash and his damn zone 95% of the time.

That play is going to stick with me like the 3rd and 26 we gave up to the Bucs in 2015. No excuse to give those up.

(11-17-2019, 04:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Was he the one who benched Minshew?
No. Minshew took care of that in London last week.  You must’ve missed it.  
(11-17-2019, 08:22 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: They allowed a 3rd and 19 to be converted with a freakin screen pass.  On third and long they had the zone play behind the 1st down marker.  These are either the worst NFL LBs and Secondary or the coach plans are awful.
This. 

Our defense is riding on the fumes of 2017. They flat out suck right now. You’ve got a couple of standouts, but all total, we aspire to mediocrity.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 09:04 AM by Mowerguy.)

Even the announcers commented yesterday about why are they playing soft?
If I were the DC we would tight up to man to man.....
if its obvious to the media .....don't you think its dang obvious to opponents?

wash ....do the honorable thing ....fall on your sword.

25 years of Jaguars has been mostly PAIN ....please stop talking about past successes that are 20~25 years ago.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-18-2019, 09:02 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Even the announcers commented yesterday about why are they playing soft?
If I were the DC we would tight up to man to man.....
if its obvious to the media .....don't you think its dang obvious to  opponents?

wash ....do the honorable thing ....fall on your sword.

You can blame whatever you want on a soft zone, but they only let up around 150 yards passing.

The run D, however, was non-existent.  I honestly don't know why the Colts bothered trying to pass.  They didn't have to.  7+ yards a carry is somewhere beyond ridiculous.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Wash is done. The defense is just being outplayed and out coached on a weekly basis.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Firing Todd Wash is a half-measure of the type head coaches usually do to try to put the blame on someone else.

So in my opinion, fire Todd Wash, fine, but only if you also fire Doug Marrone, Dave Caldwell, and Tom Coughlin. Because the problem with our defense is, they don't have the physical ability to stop the run, no matter how they are coached. Our problem is coaching AND personnel. So, it's not just Todd Wash, it's ALL of them.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 09:44 AM by Mowerguy.)

Only problem is where do you get a HC, DC, and GM mid season?
maybe Flip acting HC, who for DC and start a GM search now?
khan has the money.....he just needs the league and other coaches and execs to take him seriously....its got to be frustrating.
He's tried it hands on and hands off.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-18-2019, 09:43 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Only problem is where do you get a HC, DC, and GM mid season?
khan has the money.....he just needs the league and other coaches and execs to take him seriously....its got to be frustrating.

That's why there's no reason to fire Todd Wash in mid-season.  We wouldn't gain anything by doing that.  At the end of the season, everyone needs to be fired- the coaches, the GM, and the "VP of Football."

Blowout losses to division opponents equals hot seats.

I've definitely reached my tipping point with Wash and Marrone. Can't see any way forward with those guys.

(11-18-2019, 09:43 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Only problem is where do you get a HC, DC, and GM mid season?

Flip called 9 running plays in a game that they were still in through halftime, starting a QB who hadn't taken a game snap since week 1.  He needs to go as well.

(11-18-2019, 09:59 AM)FBT Wrote:

Flip called 9 running plays in a game that they were still in through halftime, starting a QB who hadn't taken a game snap since week 1.  He needs to go as well.

Our down a d distance is pathetic.  In the third quarter third down average was 7 plus.  Teams with injuries everywhere still own us. 

Tacks are going to hang 300 on the ground. Why bother throwing a pass.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.