Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Enough is Enough

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 05:25 PM by jagman.)

Until I moved from the Jacksonville area I had six season tickets and was, until today, an avid and loyal fan.  I have refrained from bad mouthing the coaches and staff and directed most of my anger at players who are undisciplined and lack the motivation to perform at the level expected of them.

I have concluded that this team is lacking in so many areas that there is not a quick fix to solving the organization's problems.  

The defense is terrible...constantly playing off receivers and allowing teams to march up and down the field, our defensive line is slow and our linebackers are often not in position to stop the run.  I'm not sure they know what the words "protect your gap" means.

Our offensive line is not close to being able to consistently open holes for our running backs.

We need a change in the front office and all coaches need to be replaced.

Jacksonville fans deserve better.  Make it happen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree this has become a colossal failure time for a reset.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Been a diehard since 2011.. I can only imagine how much longer most posters on here have been (most likely since our inception as a franchise) I’ve seen the team go a combined 37-91.. that’s inexcusable.. the fans certainly deserve better. The organization has to be held accountable for its continued failures.

(11-17-2019, 05:04 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Been a diehard since 2011.. I can only imagine how much longer most posters on here have been (most likely since our inception as a franchise) I’ve seen the team go a combined 37-91.. that’s inexcusable.. the fans certainly deserve better. The organization has to be held accountable for its continued failures.

How the heck did you end up with this disease? Most of us caught it in 95 when our hometown was birthed into the NFL, we don't have a choice it's habitual to watch them. I can't imagine choosing this team, lol.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I can tell you one thing, paying Foles to be our starting QB was a fail. It’s just as bad as signing Bortles to a 2 year extension.

This staff has mishandled the QB position. Stick the rookie back in there and build for the future. He was going to win rookie of the year.

Foles - 0 wins
Minshew - 4 wins

Put him back in, he still has time to win it
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 05:22 PM by Rockman1966.)

Whether this team ever wins another game or not matters not one iota to me. It’s supposed to be entertainment. It doesn’t affect my family’s health or well-being. You/me/we choose to support and watch this team. We as consumers have the choice of how we spend our money supporting or not supporting the team. There’s a remote which allows us to choose what we watch when we watch.
Today, I exercised my freedom of choice by changing the channel. It’s troubling when I, as a fan, would prefer to watch Tootsie (Jessica Lange when she was hot) vs. the hometown Jaguars. And, I’m not embarrassed to tell y’all that’s what I did.

Why this team decided to pay Nicholas Foles, career backup from Arizona, an 88 million dollar deal I will never understand.

Surely Khan can see the link between this teams record and being 32nd in market size.

(11-17-2019, 05:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I can tell you one thing, paying Foles to be our starting QB was a fail. It’s just as bad as signing Bortles to a 2 year extension.

This staff has mishandled the QB position. Stick the rookie back in there and build for the future. He was going to win rookie of the year.

Foles - 0 wins
Minshew - 4 wins

Moronic math. Foles just completes his first game of the year and throwing out season long W-L records.... I bet u get 100 mpg’s on ur vehicle too huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(11-17-2019, 05:22 PM)TheeKB Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I can tell you one thing, paying Foles to be our starting QB was a fail. It’s just as bad as signing Bortles to a 2 year extension.

Foles - 0 wins
Minshew - 4 wins

Moronic math. Foles just completes his first game of the year and throwing out season long W-L records.... I bet u get 100 mpg’s on ur vehicle too huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dude, just give up. You got a crush on Foles or something?

I bought my first season’s tickets for the inaugural 1995 season. Our names were engraved in the stadium along with the other long time Jag season ticket holders.
I owned season tickets every year since then, right up until 3 years ago (22 years).
Just like boat owners say, “ the two best days of my life were the day I bought my first season’s tickets.........and the day I stopped buying them. “

Leonard Fournette is a college running back he can’t make anybody miss In the open field he puts his shoulder down and play. All his yardage was on big runs no consistency he’s slow off the ball we need to get a running back we need a better offense of line and one Posluszny left that was the end of stopping the run.

(11-17-2019, 05:17 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Why this team decided to pay Nicholas Foles, career backup from Arizona, an 88 million dollar deal I will never understand.

He’s honestly just an average QB on his best day.

Bortles is more exciting to watch.

(11-17-2019, 05:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Surely Khan can see the link between this teams record and being 32nd in market size.

Kahn can see the link, the problem is that he sees it the wrong way around. In Kahn’s mind the ‘poor’ support is the reason for the dross product in offer as opposed to the abysmal football being the reason that folk are staying away.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 05:35 PM by dennisp3.)

(11-17-2019, 05:32 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Leonard Fournette is a college running back he can’t make anybody miss  In the open field he puts his shoulder down and that’s the end of the play. All his yardage was on big runs no consistency he’s slow off the ball we need to get a running back we need a better offense of line and when Posluszny left that was the end of stopping the run.

We also need to clean house all new coaches the offense of coach is horrible run up the middle throw in the flat go down feel nothing exciting nothing creative the team really sucks

(11-17-2019, 05:33 PM)JagSwag Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Surely Khan can see the link between this teams record and being 32nd in market size.

Kahn can see the link, the problem is that he sees it the wrong way around. In Kahn’s mind the ‘poor’ support is the reason for the dross product in offer as opposed to the abysmal football being the reason that folk are staying away.

?

Watching this game I realized that for years what we think are good players consistently come up short against better teams. I'm saying that we just can't seem to get our hands on tops in the league type of guys. I mean how do we pay Jack so early tho he rarely makes impact plays. I love Yan and his work ethic but he can be erased. None of the front 4 pride themselves in shutting down backs, they all just want to pen their ears back. I know LF has really turned things around this year but he still falls shy of "elite". Chark has been a pleasant surprise this year but why has Westbrook disappeared? It just seems like we can't have anything nice. No perennial pro bowl type guys.

(11-17-2019, 05:32 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Leonard Fournette is a college running back he can’t make anybody miss  In the open field he puts his shoulder down and play. All his yardage was on big runs no consistency he’s slow off the ball we need to get a running back we need a better offense of line and one Posluszny left that was the end of stopping the run.

Fournette is a Pro RB not college. 

Fournette absolutely can make guys miss. He put a nasty spin move on a Texan in his rookie year. He also broke a DBs ankle vs the Jets this year. This stuff about him not able to make a guy miss is simply a Myth. 

He’s been one of the top rushers in the NFL for several weeks, even though our Offensive Coordinator gave him 8 carries in London. Fournette has no problem making people miss. 

He faces stacked boxes more than any other RB in the league. He also has the most yards after contact than any player in the NFL. 27 ain’t the problem. Our guards are the problem.

I don’t know what you mean by saying “he’s slow off the ball”  I honestly don’t even know what to say bc Fournette is a 4.5 guy with plenty of burst when he has room to run.

We don’t need a RB.

You said we need an “offense of line”. I would say we need guards bc Norwell and Cann/Richardson are terrible.

(11-17-2019, 05:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:32 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Leonard Fournette is a college running back he can’t make anybody miss  In the open field he puts his shoulder down and play. All his yardage was on big runs no consistency he’s slow off the ball we need to get a running back we need a better offense of line and one Posluszny left that was the end of stopping the run.

Fournette is a Pro RB not college. 

Fournette absolutely can make guys miss. He put a nasty spin move on a Texan in his rookie year. He also broke a DBs ankle vs the Jets this year. This stuff about him not able to make a guy miss is simply a Myth. 

And Ozzie Smith hit 15 homers in his 10778 plate appearance career. By your logic that makes him a proven power hitter.