Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We're just not that good

Don't blame the coaches, don't blame injuries, don't blame the refs, it's time to look in the mirror and just admit, we're not that good.

Most of us I think where waiting to see what this team would REALLY look like with it's new QB and the defense rested and healthy. I can safely say we are soft on both sides of the ball and incapable of challenging for a division title much less a playoff spot. This is a team now 5 years removed from a roster overhaul and it's time we start admitting this project has failed.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The cold hard truth is We are not a good football team. At every level we have issues.

Coaching,scouting, offensive and defensive line, line backer, secondary, tight end, etc.

Foles is no upgrade to Minshew

This team is too broken to fix. Time for an overhaul starting with the front office.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We need a Solid MLB, Run Stuffing D tackle, and a Mean O Lineman
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

I agree. I do think we keep Flip for the sake of minshew, though. That’s if he even wants to stay without his buddy Foles..

2 years ago this roster was loaded. Ngakoue, Fowler, Campbell, Dareus, Malik, Telvin, Jack, Ramsey, Bouye. Fournette. All either high draft picks or big FA additions. How was this teams window 1 year? 

You could argue that Doug didnt have time to put his imprint on the team 2017, its been a steady decline since. We are just awful at the fundamentals. We cant block, cant open run lanes, cant put a drive together, penalties, awful 'going for it's on 4th calls.

I mean what the hell happened before the half today? 2 weeks in a row we've had the ball with time left before half and 2 weeks weve acted like we have no idea what to do.

We have some good pieces, but as a team we have a lot of holes. Primarily, our offensive line is just trash and we need a run stuffing linebacker or two. If we can fix those two problems, I think we could be a respectable team again soon.

(11-17-2019, 04:49 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I agree. I do think we keep Flip for the sake of minshew, though. That’s if he even wants to stay without his buddy Foles..

I don't think anyone from this coaching staff will be here next year.

- Coaching
- Preparation
- In game adjustments
- Defensive Scheme
- Offensive Playcalling
- Penalties in all phases
- Left Tackle
- Both guards
- Benching our starting QB in favour of a 88m backup
- Abysmal Tackling
- LB core whiff gap assignments
- Myles Jack being bad at everything
- Nothing at TE
- Throwing into double/triple coverage routinely
- 4th overall pick cant break a tackle/has zero vision
- Time management
- Wasting TO's on PI challenges that will never be overturned
- Consistently wasting 1st round picks
- Contracts of Foles/Jack/Norwell

Anymore?

(11-17-2019, 04:37 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Don't blame the coaches, don't blame injuries, don't blame the refs, it's time to look in the mirror and just admit, we're not that good.

Most of us I think where waiting to see what this team would REALLY look like with it's new QB and the defense rested and healthy. I can safely say we are soft on both sides of the ball and incapable of challenging for a division title much less a playoff spot. This is a team now 5 years removed from a roster overhaul and it's time we start admitting this project has failed.

Pretty much sums it up.  For example, we've had how many years to find a tight end?  And we still have no TE.  

Can't run the ball, can't stop the run, and we have no TE.  We can't block and we can't tackle, and we have glaring holes at important positions.   It's a failure.  

We can lure some real good candidates in here to be the GM and the HC, because we have some good young players and a 4 first round picks in the next two years.  

I would abolish the position of "VP of Football Operations."  I don't know what the purpose of that position is.

I know nothing is going to change, I don't even know what I want to change, I just know what we're doing is not working.

(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I know nothing is going to change, I don't even know what I want to change, I just know what we're doing is not working.

I dunno this one feels different to me. Even some of the most ardent twitter/reddit homers cracked today. I can't imagine Shad didn't just realize that this franchise is going exactly nowhere as long as any of Coughlin, Caldwell, or Marrone are employed. It might not happen until Black Monday, but I think this game sealed our three headed snake FO's fate.

(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I know nothing is going to change, I don't even know what I want to change, I just know what we're doing is not working.

Or maybe it is working.  Maybe it's all a plot to drive away the fans so they can justify moving the team to London.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:06 PM by EricC85.)

(11-17-2019, 05:59 PM)Upper Wrote:

I dunno this one feels different to me. Even some of the most ardent twitter/reddit homers cracked today. I can't imagine Shad didn't just realize that this franchise is going exactly nowhere as long as any of Coughlin, Caldwell, or Marrone are employed. It might not happen until Black Monday, but I think this game sealed our three headed snake FO's fate.

It would have to be all 3 at once. I don't see Tom firing Caldwell he seems to like him and everything I've read is he see's Caldwell as a protege of sorts. I also don't see Caldwell or Tom firing Doug. Caldwell knows GM's don't get to pick 3 Coaches and Coughlin seems to have hand picked Doug in the first place. 

I fear it's all or nothing and I don't know if Khan cares enough to fire his VP of football and take control of the franchise to find a new direction, I don't know if Khan knows how to do that? 

My WORSE fear is they can all three and go he Tony here's the franchise have fun kido!

(11-17-2019, 05:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Or maybe it is working.  Maybe it's all a plot to drive away the fans so they can justify moving the team to London.

It would be a death blow for Jacksonville.

(11-17-2019, 05:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 04:37 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Don't blame the coaches, don't blame injuries, don't blame the refs, it's time to look in the mirror and just admit, we're not that good.

I would abolish the position of "VP of Football Operations."  I don't know what the purpose of that position is.

We aren't the only team to have a position like that, just because you are unaware doesn't mean it's unknown.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:10 PM by The Real Marty.)

(11-17-2019, 05:21 PM)Newton Wrote: We have some good pieces, but as a team we have a lot of holes. Primarily, our offensive line is just trash and we need a run stuffing linebacker or two.  If we can fix those two problems, I think we could be a respectable team again soon.

Every year, same thing.  We only have a couple of holes.  We'll fill those holes this offseason, and on to the playoffs.  Every year.

(11-17-2019, 06:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I would abolish the position of "VP of Football Operations."  I don't know what the purpose of that position is.

We aren't the only team to have a position like that, just because you are unaware doesn't mean it's unknown.

It's a pointless job.  There's no need for a 3rd guy to stir the pot.  We need a GM and a HC.  That's it.

(11-17-2019, 06:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:21 PM)Newton Wrote: We have some good pieces, but as a team we have a lot of holes. Primarily, our offensive line is just trash and we need a run stuffing linebacker or two.  If we can fix those two problems, I think we could be a respectable team again soon.

Every year, same thing.  We only have a couple of holes.  We'll fill those holes this offseason, and on to the playoffs.  Every year.

(11-17-2019, 06:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We aren't the only team to have a position like that, just because you are unaware doesn't mean it's unknown.

It's a pointless job.  There's no need for a 3rd guy to stir the pot.  We need a GM and a HC.  That's it.

Yeah, it totally doesn't work for team like the Rams, Packers, and Dallas.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-17-2019, 06:05 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:59 PM)Upper Wrote: I dunno this one feels different to me. Even some of the most ardent twitter/reddit homers cracked today. I can't imagine Shad didn't just realize that this franchise is going exactly nowhere as long as any of Coughlin, Caldwell, or Marrone are employed. It might not happen until Black Monday, but I think this game sealed our three headed snake FO's fate.

It would have to be all 3 at once.

It better be all 3, they've all proven to be godawful at their jobs.

(11-17-2019, 05:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

[Image: B3nLvogCAAAxN-g.jpg]

It'll change unless this team turns around and rips off six straight wins to finish 10 - 6.

But I don't think they'll win much more with games like this. This team is extremely wishy washy on both sides of the football.

I think a clean sweep is needed going into 2020. Caldwell and Marrone are still old leftovers from the Bradley era.

No longer convinced by Coughlin. Not sure what his role is here but ever since that press conference where Marrone was offered up to the media post Jalen trade it's made me wonder.

With a plethora of high draft picks to play with. And a few bright spots on offense and defense between Minshew, Chark, Allen & Harrison they can hopefully attract a great offensive minded coach up to speed with modern schemes.

We missed out on Bruce Arians. Twice. We missed out on Kyle Shanahan. We just seem to lack the proper think tank in that building to essentially build a good team from front to back.

I almost wish Brady and Belichick would leave New England after this year is over and go separate ways. Maybe Brady goes to Miami or retires and maybe we can beg Belichick to come here and salvage this [BLEEP] team.

Not sure of what other options they have at the moment. Mike McCarthy maybe? Jay Gruden maybe? I don't know. But it's not working right now. A change is needed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:26 PM by MoJagFan.)

We are dang good at screwing everything up.  And the refs flat sucked as well.  Irony is I think we actually have 2 capable QBs and some good WRs.  Too bad you have to have other people to make it work.  This isn't flag football.  I think Fournette is the worst guy ever to be in the top 10 in league rushing stats.

Edit:

Stinking Tacks are probably going to hang 300 rushing yards on us.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.