Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We're just not that good

The roster is average. The coaching is bad.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tongue  (This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 09:29 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-17-2019, 05:59 PM)There   Real Marty Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I know nothing is going to change, I don't even know what I want to change, I just know what we're doing is not working.

Or maybe it is working.  Maybe it's all a plot to drive away the fans so they can justify moving the team to London.

LMAO

I was at the game. Had high hopes after that first td drive only to watch it deflate by halftime. I've given up on Marrone.

The coaches failed in the off season. This team, judging by from what I'm seeing, looks like they have some soft, weak, low football IQ, slow reacting players who are starting in key positions.

Whatever hell they put them through during the 2017 off-season, they need to do that every year because it worked. Players were stronger, tougher, faster, meaner, nastier

Is there any doubt the tacks take the screws to us. Just beat the Chiefs, coming off a bye....ow

(11-17-2019, 05:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 2 years ago this roster was loaded. Ngakoue, Fowler, Campbell, Dareus, Malik, Telvin, Jack, Ramsey, Bouye. Fournette. All either high draft picks or big FA additions. How was this teams window 1 year? 

You could argue that Doug didnt have time to put his imprint on the team 2017, its been a steady decline since. We are just awful at the fundamentals. We cant block, cant open run lanes, cant put a drive together, penalties, awful 'going for it's on 4th calls.

I mean what the hell happened before the half today? 2 weeks in a row we've had the ball with time left before half and 2 weeks weve acted like we have no idea what to do.

I agree.. The problem is we don’t have an organization from top down to keep it together. No matter the personalities you have to keep them on one accord. When it was time for Marrone to manage and coach it really shows from how the team plays.

Coaches aren't going to want to come here if the team is threatening to move. Especially if the team is threatening to move to another country 1000 miles away.

(11-17-2019, 05:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 2 years ago this roster was loaded. Ngakoue, Fowler, Campbell, Dareus, Malik, Telvin, Jack, Ramsey, Bouye. Fournette. All either high draft picks or big FA additions. How was this teams window 1 year? 

That talent was overrated. Fowler, Telvin, Jack, and Fournette do not belong on any team's "loaded" players list. If they're in your top 10 players your team is just not that good. We got hoodwinked because the division was horrible with 3 injured starting QBs, we had insanely good injury luck, and we had unsustainable amounts of turnovers and especially defensive TDs.

(11-17-2019, 10:28 PM)Upper Wrote:

That talent was overrated. Fowler, Telvin, Jack, and Fournette do not belong on any team's "loaded" players list. If they're in your top 10 players your team is just not that good. We got hoodwinked because the division was horrible with 3 injured starting QBs, we had insanely good injury luck, and we had unsustainable amounts of turnovers and especially defensive TDs.

My point was more that Marrone inherited a young team of high draft picks and expensive FA additions, it wasn't the same roster Gus walked into. He had a young team that needed to learn how to win at this level so we bought in Coughlin and his staff. The team hasn't progressed, it hasn't become a regular playoff contender that we should have become, but instead 2 years after reaching the AFC Championship game we are looking at some serious rebuilding. This team is in decline and the talent is leaving. We should be adding pieces but were going to be rebuilding most of the LB and DB this off season.

Our 4 wins this year are against teams .500 and under, our 6 defeats to teams above. 2017 was an illusion.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 11:58 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

We might have issues this year, but this team is not void of talent. I am starting to warm up to thinking we may have an issue with our staff here... Mainly with our FO handing out these awful contracts(Bortles, Foles, Jack).

We need a clean break, this franchise hasn't had one in a very long time. Get everyone out, if you decide to fire anyone, fire all of them. Start over, I am sure any GM with the picks and talent we already have would love to come in here with his scouts and find his coach.

Also - Yes, Fournette has a lot of yards this year, but I am starting to feel like we reached hard on this guy, he is a 1 dimensional back on the ground and isn't really putting points on the board.. You could argue the line has been bad, but he sure does leave a lot of yards on the field too.

Regardless, this team folded and its full on evaluation mode now for Khan, he needs to think hard and make a decision.

If any of the early picks from Dave's first years were still on the roster, we'd be in a lot better shape. The fact that we have to keep attempting to plug the same significant holes in the roster prevents us from building the roster in other areas. Because we don't consistently have a solid, competitive roster, nobody wants to come here, whether that be coaches, or FA.

Unfortunately, the constancy of change also hurts the development of the roster. Sadly, I don't think we can stand pat though and expect improvement. Last year, we all wrote off the failure to the significant number of injuries on the line. This year, there have been some other areas affected by injury, but not nearly as detrimental.

I don't know what will change, but change will be there. And yet again, we'll be tasked with waiting and hoping it gets better. Let's just hope the fanbase doesn't give up that hope, or the franchise is doomed.