Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monday Morning GM: How would you fix this team?

(11-18-2019, 10:14 AM)Kane Wrote: Coaching and FO:
I think the team needs fresh voices from the entire coach staff. Dougs a good dude, but really hasn't been anything special and this team still lacks discipline on the field. And how do you only have like 7 rush attempts while the game is within 3-7 points? I was high on Flip early on but IDK bout this dude so much. His playcalling is almost as suspect as Wash's.

And the FO has done good but not great and without being able to pin it on one dude, both dudes need to go.

D:
Herndon has played well but I still think if there's an opportunity to get a shut down CB in this draft they should pull the trigger. Also Bouye is here for 2020, but beyond who knows.

Retain Dareus... big cap hit, but huge presence in run defense that we are certainly missing. 
PAY YAN!
I'd say all the linebackers could use an upgrade. Perhaps that means moving Jack to WLB and making him the highest paid WLB in the league, since he just got paid, and isn't getting cut for a couple seasons. No one could tackle yesterday (this season?) and it was pathetic.

O:
OGs have been a problem all year. That's not new. Still rotating RG is still pissing me off. Coaches haven't figured out who is the better play yet? Or both suck? Never heard of such rotation on OL.
Also... if we're sticking with Fournette beyond 2020, we need to bring back the full back, imo. (Also, per coaching, play a scheme that suits him running from the I or single back sets, not much of a shotgun runner)
If we're not retaining him beyond 2020... we need to draft his replacement. (I wouldn't be mad moving on personally. He's good but with guys like CMC, Hunt, Kamara, and Cook in the league... I'm not overly impressed, especially when I see LF going East and West instead of North and South)

I think we have some pretty solid weapons at WR, Chark is a legit #1. Westbrook is pretty good from the slot (though seemingly gets blown up and drops balls easily). Conley probably can be upgraded but we should retain him for 2020 and perhaps draft a WR in the middle rounds this year to groom.

QB is where this team has to figure stuff out in a hurry though. I'm not ready to bury Foles after one game where he was off target on a lot of throws (even completions were high or behind targets) but if he can't tighten it up that's going to be an issue. I think this off season we should/could have a legit open comp at QB.
A new front office maybe wants to move on from both QBs and that would be sad for us fans of Minshew.

This team has a cap situation and players to pay (YAN) that free agency probably shouldn't be much of an option until maybe 2021/2022
Gotta draft and develop and let some of our current $ fall off from Campbell (who should probably be kept another year, Dareus who we desperately need it seems, AJ)

Agree with everything. We need some experience to go with all this youth. Show them how you win at this level.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monday Morning GM: How would you fix this team? - by JagFan81 - 11-18-2019, 10:48 AM