Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monday Morning GM: How would you fix this team?

(11-18-2019, 09:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I really don't think QB is necessarily our biggest problem.  Our bigger problem is, we need much better DTs, OGs, TE, and a MLB.  The physical core of our team is weak.  Can't block for the run, and can't stop the run.  And of course, no TE.  

QB is way down the list for me.

I think this is a good analysis.  I would just say LBs rather than just MLB.  I don't think any of ours could start for a serious contender.  Myles just looks confused and has poor fundamentals.

The OL needs completely reworked.  But starting with the guards is top priority.  The terrible OL play is the most damning indictment against Marrone, imo, since OL is supposed to be his specialty.

I also agree that QB is fine.  We have a good backup in Minshew.  And Foles is a more than adequate starter, his first game back notwithstanding.  All the people bellyaching about him and claiming Minshew is better seem to forget that he played like a rookie 3 of the last 4 games he started.
Foles hopefully improves this weekend. Maybe it's jitters. I saw some good things early from the pocket that I liked.

But then when he started getting hit you could see it wore on him. His throws were ill timed. He was forcing too many 50/50 throws in double coverages.

He had a batted pass or two as well. The INT before half time is what I would expect out of a rookie. Not a guy like Foles. That play in particular bothered me. The telegraphed INT on a 2 point conversion attempt also stung.

From what I gather. Minshew's ability to escape and create is what helped this offense maintain a heartbeat in most games. Foles inability to escape and create is going to allow defenses to tee off on him.

It's give and take here. Minshew is beat if you can contain him in the pocket and take away his 1st option early. That's what New Orleans did. They covered Chark. Played smart and on the boundaries with their front four and didnt allow him to create.

With Foles it's going to be a game of speed. And with this offensive line? It's a concern. He took a lick yesterday and for a minute there I thought he was hurt again already. But his ability to climb the pocket is there.

Flip's got to figure this [BLEEP] out this week. Really need to give up on the TE position being a focal point in the passing game for this year and get into the habit of trying to operate more with split back sets and I-Formations IMHO.

They can't use the play action game at all right now. Until they consistently show they can run with power and conviction they'll be one dimensional and easy to keep in check. Need more screens. Need more power running in it's truest form. THEN the passing game might open up a bit.

So far though I don't think they know what they want to do on offense. And it shows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monday Morning GM: How would you fix this team? - by Caldrac - 11-18-2019, 09:33 PM