Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monday Morning GM: How would you fix this team?

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 09:33 AM by Caldrac.)

(11-29-2019, 12:02 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 04:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Courtesy of Mark Long. 

https://twitter.com/tealtalk/status/1200...41600?s=19

Those are coaches that are trying to cover their [BLEEP]. Wilson, Williams, and Bryan May not be the best choices, but they’ve also given you Minshew, Chark, Ngakoue, Allen, etc. we’ve seen these losers get out coached regularly, and I think they’re looking for someone else to blame which tells me they don’t have a proper understanding of our problems.

Also, Wilson and Williams’s regression seemingly falls on the coaching. Williams was lights-out in preseason, and Wilson showed promise last year. I don’t know if one or all facets of the team is the problem, but I know coaching is so why why to root out the source of this toxic culture.

Coaches are trying to save face. I get it. They're all on the gallows. 

The thing with Williams is the timing. Coaches and front office probably didn't know or get a sense or feel with what Telvin Smith was going to do. That seemed like a reach at the time until other teams like San Francisco came forward and said they were interested and hoping he would have fallen to them at some point. Considering the success the 49ERS are having this year, especially on defense under John Lynch's management? I'll take that as a positive. 

Same argument for the TE position. They weren't expect O'Shaughnessy to end up on IR. They were probably hoping Josh Oliver would have held up physically along with him as well so there's 2 bodies down at that position there. Swaim was brought in. He's been nicked up here and there. Now it's Koyack and O'Leary.

You can only have so much depth and so many roster spots to keep intact. You can try and make the argument about maybe taking Hockenson over Allen but honestly Hockenson has had a tough time staying healthy for the Lions this year. That's the problem when you're that big of a target and that fast. You're easy to locate and knock the [BLEEP] out of. Allen > Hockenson for right now though. Not even close.

Maybe the strength and conditioning coach needs to be replaced? Maybe the rehab personnel need to be looked at? I don't know.

This team needs a new start next year. BAD. I hope the next coach we gain isn't vanilla and likes to scheme [BLEEP] up constantly and throw different looks around on offense and defense. Watching some of these late night games makes me sick because they literally all seem to do things not only different but they seem to rotate more players, change things up last minute before the snap is taken, lots of motion, misdirection, etc. 

We're just a boring [BLEEP] team to look at sometimes.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monday Morning GM: How would you fix this team? - by Caldrac - 11-29-2019, 09:25 AM