Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Future of the franchise

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned but I am legitimately curious. If Khan decides to move the franchise out of Jacksonville, do they keep the Jaguar as the mascot or would it be something entirely different....? ( Example: Oilers to Titans ). I'm not aware if the league has any say on that type of change or if it's completely up to ownership to keep the name. All in all, really not looking forward to picking another NFL team if this happens. Been a Jags fan since 99.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

sigh

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 03:18 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-20-2019, 03:02 PM)WorldsFinest Wrote: Not sure if this has ever been mentioned but I am legitimately curious. If Khan decides to move the franchise out of Jacksonville, do they keep the Jaguar as the mascot or would it be something entirely different....? ( Example: Oilers to Titans ). I'm not aware if the league has any say on that type of change or if it's completely up to ownership to keep the name. All in all, really not looking forward to picking another NFL team if this happens. Been a Jags fan since 99.

Is this season really that bad already?  It's one thing to skip to draft talk but loosing the team.  How about from the Jaguars to bumblebees.

They sting you once, then die.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

No, no, no. I'm not discussing this!

I am resigned on the fact that if this city should ever lose this team I'll consciouslly make an effort to stop watching and supporting anything NFL related.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

the hell?

Life is pain, then you die. Never forget.

QUALITY FIRST THREAD ALERT!
Post count limit before starting new threads should be a thing.

Also, not drinking while pregnant should be a thing.

I wonder what weird jollys these trollsters really get from manure like this.

I think it's something we all worry about. Some more than others. I am planning to move to Jax in a few years and worry that the team may not be there in 2023 or 2024 if the current tradition of almost continual failure and incompetence continues. I get the strange and disconcerting thought that the franchise's future here may rest on Minshew's shoulders pass or fail.

I would guess they would not change the logo for London btw.

Guessing they'll try to start fresh and rebrand the team name as well if that ultimately happens.

Since I've never visited Jacksonville and live in Chicago, changing cities wouldn't make me not a Jaguars fan anymore, but with that said, I still want them to remain in JAX.

I'm adamantly against any such move unless perhaps he wants to relocate them to Portland, OR... now THAT would be awesome.
'02

(11-21-2019, 12:18 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I think it's something we all worry about. Some more than others. I am planning to move to Jax in a few years and worry that the team may not be there in 2023 or 2024 if the current tradition of almost continual failure and incompetence continues. I get the strange and disconcerting thought that the franchise's future here may rest on Minshew's shoulders pass or fail.

I hope you’re not moving to Jacksonville for just the Jaguars. There are plenty of other great reasons to move there.

(11-21-2019, 01:27 AM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 12:18 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I think it's something we all worry about. Some more than others. I am planning to move to Jax in a few years and worry that the team may not be there in 2023 or 2024 if the current tradition of almost continual failure and incompetence continues. I get the strange and disconcerting thought that the franchise's future here may rest on Minshew's shoulders pass or fail.

I hope you’re not moving to Jacksonville for just the Jaguars. There are plenty of other great reasons to move there.

Number One Reason would be the Jaguars. I live near Gulf Shores now so weather and culture aren't a factor as it isn't that different from Atlantic Beach, but I miss being there in Jax and not having to make the 800 mile round trip for home games and also getting the local access to the media and activities/signings, etc.

There's not anything to worry about it, if it happens it happens. I'm of the opinion that London will probably never have a full time team though. It seems like an obvious choice but the logistics of a full time team there seem questionable and there's still some doubt if London would embrace a full time franchise. Having gone to a game there, I can tell you that the number of Jags fans that attend games is only a fraction of the actual attendance. They could relocate domestically, who knows what things would look like when the lease ends in 2030? If I had to guess, I'd say Jacksonville will not approve building a new stadium which Khan may want (he's alluded to it and assuming he still owns the team) and other cities will come calling with promises of fancy new stadiums.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

They could move them to the Phillipines and call them the Manilla Folders.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-21-2019, 12:18 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I think it's something we all worry about.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I don't worry about it.  

I saw the attendance in 2017 for the home games late in the season when we were winning. 
Those numbers are very sustainable. 
Just need to string together a few years of competitive football.  

Markets all over the league are struggling with attendance. And London is a pipedream for the NFL that ain't happening any time in the next several years if ever.  Not worried.

Unless he isn't making money, there is no reason to move the team. Would he like larger home crowds yes, but the seats are quit filled with opposing teams fans.

Since he bought the team he has made something like 4 billion. So I really doubt he moves unless the NFL makes the team move.

(11-21-2019, 09:37 AM)icey14 Wrote: Unless he isn't making money, there is no reason to move the team.  Would he like larger home crowds yes, but the seats are quit filled with opposing teams fans.

Since he bought the team he has made something like 4 billion.  So I really doubt he moves unless the NFL makes the team move.

Do you attend games? 

Because this is bull [BLEEP]. 

When the Jags play a team whose fanbase travels well they experience an influx of those fans on par with every other opponent those teams face. If the number is slightly larger here at times it is merely attributable to good weather and affordability to attend in Jacksonville.

lol, OP. Go see a shrink for your ocd thoughts.

I don't believe the team will move, but my comfort level with this thought will certainly increase once they break ground on the Lot 9 project. Khan isn't going to pour half a billion dollars into downtown Jax just to move the main attraction.