Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Potential Head Coach

In my heart of hearts, I'd like to see Coughlin get a shot with a second coach. However, his role would have to change. He should not be dealing directly with players. The coach and GM deal with the players. Coughlin oversees them and has final say on the personnel side of things. He also deals with player agents on the contractual side of things, but under no circumstances is he to ever walk into the locker room and chew a player out again. The buffer has to be there or this team will be radioactive to FAs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Coughlin as HC would be a disaster of epic proportions but very funny for memes

(11-25-2019, 05:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Definitely a good excuse for deflection I guess. LOL

NO bias. Just telling it like it is.

Thank you

I’d kick the tires on Greg Roman.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Second the greg roman thing pretty grt work in baltimore with what he has done with that offense.

(11-25-2019, 10:59 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: What about Coughlin for head coach.

What about Coughlin for the nursing home? Dumb senile [BLEEP] old man.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-26-2019, 01:18 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

What about Coughlin for the nursing home? Dumb senile [BLEEP] old man.

+1

(11-25-2019, 06:26 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 05:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: NO bias. Just telling it like it is.

Thank you

I forgot you don't know how sarcasm works.

(11-25-2019, 05:20 PM)Try Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Definitely a good excuse for deflection I guess. LOL

NO bias. Just telling it like it is.

Telling it like it is.

With a caveat of “extra content” and “ellipses galore.”

(11-26-2019, 03:34 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 06:26 PM)Upper Wrote: Thank you

I forgot you don't know how sarcasm works.

It's called a freudian slip when your attempt at sarcasm inadvertently tells the truth.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 09:30 AM by Caldrac.)

(11-25-2019, 05:38 PM)TJBender Wrote: In my heart of hearts, I'd like to see Coughlin get a shot with a second coach. However, his role would have to change. He should not be dealing directly with players. The coach and GM deal with the players. Coughlin oversees them and has final say on the personnel side of things. He also deals with player agents on the contractual side of things, but under no circumstances is he to ever walk into the locker room and chew a player out again. The buffer has to be there or this team will be radioactive to FAs.

This is why he needs to just go on ahead and retire. The only way this team will truly change culturally and hopefully improve is with a clean sweep. Everyone needs to go. 

Doug Marrone & his entire coaching staff
David Caldwell & his scouting staff
Tom Coughlin

I'll keep saying these two names over and over until it hopefully happens. Rick Smith & Mike Borgonzi. Rick Smith was reportedly interested in returning to the NFL in 2020 if the opportunity was right. This was just reported 2 days ago. Well, having a pair of 1st RD picks over the next two years sounds like a prime opportunity to take a job. Rick may not have always had perfect drafts but he did hit on some pretty good players over his years with the tinhorns. Especially with the 1st RD choices. 

Borgonzi would be new in the position but he's coming from a good program out there in Kansas City. Would hope to replicate what the clots did with Chris Ballard. If you want to make it to the play-off's you need guys who know how to draft players that can help win your division. Six of your games are within your division. You need to build your team to win those games. Who else would know these teams better than Rick Smith and Mike Borgonzi with his philosophies branching off from Ballards?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Not going to happen. He's in his 70's or 80's? He's got a cushier job that probably takes much less hours out of his week, gets to be in a luxury box on Sundays in December (and early September), and if he did take the job, how long do you figure he'd stick around, 3 years? Then we go through the replacement cycle all over again.

Hard pass.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 09:58 AM by Mikey.)

(11-25-2019, 04:15 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Look at the Colts. Before Frank Reich came aboard, their OL was atrocious. On defense, they couldn't tackle to save their lives. Essentially, they are the Jags of today.  The Colts win because they play disciplined football. They lost Andrew Luck at the last moment, and yet they still win.

Not true.

It was the GM Ballard who began the process of drafting the big uglies instead of WR to help Luck out. Grigson was our favorite GM because he was miserable at darfting well. If you recall, Reich wasn't even the first choice at HC. McDaniels took the job, and rescinded at the eleventh hour. They were already improving by the time Reich got there.

Reich is a fantastic offensive mind, I am not belittling him at all here. But it was the GM bring aboard some great line talent that allowed them to do what he's got them doing.  And notice that they did that through the darft, and not overpaying free agents to get where they are today.

(11-25-2019, 04:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Congrats on your kid! Wife's got our first one due in April of next year. A boy. Looking forward to raising him into the heartbreak this team has also put us all through over the years.

Lol yeah my wife keeps telling me I should raise him to be a fan of a different team to save him the heartbreak. Unfortunately my local team is the Bengals so....

Congrats to you too!

If you feed that kid Skyline we are reporting you to children and family services.

Sick

(11-26-2019, 09:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you feed that kid Skyline we are reporting you to children and family services.

Sick

Heh nope, I am definitely not a noodles in your "chili" type of guy. He will get all of the LaRosa's though.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 11:55 AM by FsuClark08.)

Coughlin doesnt mesh well with this new era. We need a new coach and new FO. I'll take anybody..get an accomplished coordinator, not a coach with losing head coach experience. Winning head coaches are looking for jobs, so maybe we can find a good coach who hasnt had his shot yet.

Winning head coaches arent* looking for jobs
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES