Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Tesla cybertruck

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 11:57 PM by mikesez.)

(11-24-2019, 03:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 03:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: This is so interesting! 
Without you here to guide me, I would be saying things like,  "the roof lasts longer than 20 years" and "most mortgages last longer than 20 years" and I might even come to the conclusion that "a 20-year ROI is pretty good." 
But you obviously have some much higher level knowledge of mathematics and finance than any of us here.

If you think a 20 year ROI is good, bless you. Also, most home insurers in Florida are skeptical about insuring an asphalt roof over 25 years old. Wonder how they would feel about a cheap plastic one.

You can't teach good judgement, which makes you a target of Elon.

Tesla shingles are ceramic, not plastic.
Ceramic shingles are known to last much longer than asphalt shingles.
A 20 year ROI would be a disaster in the commercial real estate world, but in residential, different rules apply.

(11-24-2019, 10:47 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Looks like it was built from a DeLorean is some guy's garage.  Not exactly an inspired design. 

[Image: delorean-dmc-12-05.jpg]

The boxiness and stainless steel are there.
The delorean had a lot of odd stuff.  The gullwing doors, the mismatched wheels and tires.  But you'd figure one of the big car manufacturers would have given the stainless steel body another try.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It looks like something out of my nephew's Minecraft game.

(11-25-2019, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It looks like something out of my nephew's Minecraft game.

Yes I was trying to figure out why this looks so familiar and now you said it, my kids are always on that stupid game and It looks like some odd vehicle in that game!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-24-2019, 03:16 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 02:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Like Apple, Teslas business model relies on mindless sheep. Good for Elon.

It's this an insightful commentary on consumerism and the pervasiveness of advertising and the effect on society, or are you just trolling?

I will say this, if it's the former then you're off base, Tesla doesn't advertise at all, unlike all the other major truck manufacturers.

It's the StroudCrowd thought pattern: I don't like it, therefor anybody who does like can be easily dismissed as a mindless sheep incapable of independent thought. 

The great thing about this approach to opinions is it can be applied to any subject and it doesn't bother with any of that pesky research or annoying objective facts. It relies solely on your own subjective opinion and a self reinforcing delusion of grandeur.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 12:57 PM by The Real Marty.)

It's too ugly.  

I'm a strong believer in the future of electric vehicles, but you cannot repeal the laws of marketing, and what makes a product sell.   Teslas in general are good looking vehicles, but this one reminds me of a Pontiac Aztec.   Way too ugly to sell.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 01:20 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(11-25-2019, 12:45 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 03:16 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's this an insightful commentary on consumerism and the pervasiveness of advertising and the effect on society, or are you just trolling?

I will say this, if it's the former then you're off base, Tesla doesn't advertise at all, unlike all the other major truck manufacturers.

It's the StroudCrowd thought pattern: I don't like it, therefor anybody who does like can be easily dismissed as a mindless sheep incapable of independent thought. 

The great thing about this approach to opinions is it can be applied to any subject and it doesn't bother with any of that pesky research or annoying objective facts. It relies solely on your own subjective opinion and a self reinforcing delusion of grandeur.

Apple totally relies on their customers being mindless, gullible sheep.

(11-25-2019, 12:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's too ugly.  

I'm a strong believer in the future of electric vehicles, but you cannot repeal the laws of marketing, and what makes a product sell.   Teslas in general are good looking vehicles, but this one reminds me of a Pontiac Aztec.   Way too ugly to sell.

The Aztec isn't even close to as ugly as this thing.

It's a delorean mixed with.... I don't know... an 80s racing arcade game.

(11-25-2019, 01:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:45 PM)DragonFury Wrote: It's the StroudCrowd thought pattern: I don't like it, therefor anybody who does like can be easily dismissed as a mindless sheep incapable of independent thought. 

Apple totally relies on their customers being mindless, gullible sheep.

It's a lot more complicated than that.  
Mac vs. PC - trust us, the hardware and software will always work together.  Don't worry if you're paying more!
iPod vs. generic mp3 player - we will have the best integration with a store and your own mp3 files - Don't worry if you're paying more!
iPhone vs. Android - we will not sell your data to advertisers and we'll support your device in-store.  Don't worry if you're paying more!

Personally, I'm a cheap skate, so I generally haven't chosen Apple products, but there are good reasons that many people choose to pay more.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 02:46 PM by SeldomRite.)

(11-24-2019, 03:16 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's this an insightful commentary on consumerism and the pervasiveness of advertising and the effect on society, or are you just trolling?

Understood, I feel bad for him, now.

He probably won't like this: https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/stat...8384818176

(11-25-2019, 02:37 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 01:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Apple totally relies on their customers being mindless, gullible sheep.

It's a lot more complicated than that.  
Mac vs. PC - trust us, the hardware and software will always work together.  Don't worry if you're paying more!
iPod vs. generic mp3 player - we will have the best integration with a store and your own mp3 files - Don't worry if you're paying more!
iPhone vs. Android - we will not sell your data to advertisers and we'll support your device in-store.  Don't worry if you're paying more!

Personally, I'm a cheap skate, so I generally haven't chosen Apple products, but there are good reasons that many people choose to pay more.

Mostly true, and not to get off topic, but Apple does sell their iOS users data, just in a more insidious way. Google pays them to get to default track iPhone users.

(11-25-2019, 02:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:45 PM)DragonFury Wrote: It's the StroudCrowd thought pattern: I don't like it, therefor anybody who does like can be easily dismissed as a mindless sheep incapable of independent thought. 

Understood, I feel bad for him, now.

He probably won't like this: https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/stat...8384818176

Bit of a biased demonstration. Electric motors have instant 100% torque even at low power and will beat ICE's in nearly every comparison of torque.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 03:02 PM by SeldomRite.)

(11-25-2019, 02:52 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 02:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Understood, I feel bad for him, now.

Bit of a biased demonstration. Electric motors have instant 100% torque even at low power and will beat ICE's in nearly every comparison of torque.

I wouldn't call it biased, I'd just say it demonstrates the advantages of the Tesla in an immediately understandable way.

The instant torque isn't all that's at work there, there's also the ability of the motors to apply power in a way that keeps traction. It's the same reason a rear wheel drive Tesla car with all season tires can maintain more snow traction than ICE vehicles of the same config.

(11-25-2019, 03:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 02:52 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Bit of a biased demonstration. Electric motors have instant 100% torque even at low power and will beat ICE's in nearly every comparison of torque.

I wouldn't call it biased, I'd just say it demonstrates the advantages of the Tesla in an immediately understandable way.

The instant torque isn't all that's at work there, there's also the ability of the motors to apply power in a way that keeps traction. It's the same reason a rear wheel drive Tesla car with all season tires can maintain more snow traction than ICE vehicles of the same config.

It's a tarmac road, the differential power of the electric motors is most likely negligible. And I view these demonstrations the same way as I view those demonstrations on infomercials; sure the product can do that one amazing thing, but always remember you're watching a demonstration setup by the people trying to sell you that product. They have a vested interest in only showing the ways their product looks best.

(11-25-2019, 03:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 03:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I wouldn't call it biased, I'd just say it demonstrates the advantages of the Tesla in an immediately understandable way.

It's a tarmac road, the differential power of the electric motors is most likely negligible. And I view these demonstrations the same way as I view those demonstrations on infomercials; sure the product can do that one amazing thing, but always remember you're watching a demonstration setup by the people trying to sell you that product. They have a vested interest in only showing the ways their product looks best.

Exactly.

It's all marketing and advertising.

Just like those useless ab products that flat out lied in every infomercial.. they don't care about FTC fines, either, they made their money.

(11-24-2019, 12:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ugliest vehicle on the planet. I thought nothing could possibly be uglier than a Kia Soul, but the Tesla truck is even worse. The best part was that during the reveal, they tested the break proof windows by throwing a metal ball at them and guess what? They broke. Here's a picture of an embarrassed Musk explaining to the crowd that it failed.

[Image: Tesla-CyberTruck.jpg]

The window breaking thing was funny, but apparently they had already tested it before going out, maybe they hit them one too many times.

https://youtu.be/c20skm7w1NE

So... not unbreakable? Or breakable after two hits? What's Elon going to call these unbreakable windows now?

U..G..L..Y... that truck ain't got no alibi...it's ugly, it's ugly.

It put the F in Fugly.

That truck is so ugly it will have to sneak up on the receptacle to get a charge.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

No doubt it’s out there, and perhaps it is ugly. That was my first thoughts as well. But, visually, I gotta say it’s growing on me. At least looks wise.

Hers looks better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKv_N0IDS2A

Followers and sheep dont know they are followers and sheep unless someone with perspective points it out. I mean, you had some dude on here trying to justify a 20 year ROI on solar shingles.  

I've got no problem with sheep. They are a necessary cog in the wheel that is the economy.

(11-26-2019, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Followers and sheep dont know they are followers and sheep unless someone with perspective points it out. I mean, you had some dude on here trying to justify a 20 year ROI on solar shingles.  

I've got no problem with sheep. They are a necessary cog in the wheel that is the economy.

80% are sheep. 15% are intelligent, hard working upper middle class, 4% are the rich, 1% are the elite.

Ahhh, I love pulling random numbers out my butt.

(11-26-2019, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Oh the irony of this post combined with that avatar.

(11-26-2019, 01:52 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Followers and sheep dont know they are followers and sheep unless someone with perspective points it out. I mean, you had some dude on here trying to justify a 20 year ROI on solar shingles.  

Oh the irony of this post combined with that avatar.

It's the sheep that hate the man based on erroneous media reporting.

There are plenty of real reasons to dislike Trump... they don't need to make crap up