Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Worst money spent. 2019 cap numbers
Foles (almost $22million)
Norwell ($14.5million)
Jack($15.5million)
Lee ($8.8million)
Linder($8million)
Cann ($6.3million)
Dareus($22million)
other
[Show Results]

Worst money spent on this team..

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 03:20 AM by jaguarmvp.)

This front office has wasted a ton of money in free agency and over paying our current roster. They were handing out contracts like it was candy and lets not forget the Bortles money the team is still paying.

In my opinion all of these players are well overpaid!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 05:06 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

The fact that we have so many bad deals is ridiculous! This front office has to go.

(11-25-2019, 03:14 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: This front office has wasted a ton of money in free agency and over paying our current roster. They were handing out contracts like it was candy and lets not forget the Bortles money the team is still paying.

In my opinion all of these players are well overpaid!

That's what happened the last time Coughlin was here. We paid out too much money and it got us in cap trouble.

Jack has been a major disappointment since moving inside. They need him back outside ASAP, and find a true ILB for running downs. Foles is too early, and Norwell has been inconsistent, not "worst signing ever" bad, not even close. Jack has been awful. Lee should have never got his contract, but pre-acl he looked like he was turning into a viable wr3.

I voted for Jack only because they insist on playing him at MLB. I don't even care that we just darfted Quincy, get a true MLB, and let Jack and Quincy eliminate our need at Will for the foreseeable future.

We need a thumper in the middle. We are too light in the pants. If you build a defense for speed, you better be able to score a ton of points, or the run will be your undoing.

#1 Gus Bradley extension
#2 Blake Bortles extension
#3 Myles Jack extension

Need to add some things to that poll

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 10:03 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Where is my "All of the above" option?

Dareus is actually really good though.  Once he went out, opponents have been running it up our gut to the extent of over 200 yards per game over the past 3 games.

as of this moment in time, based on current play, Jack.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 12:00 PM by RedRooster28.)

Dareus doesn’t deserve to have his name next to the others. He’s not actually going to get the ridiculous number, and he played great when he was in there. Linder gets a pass as well. Norwell has been a massive disappointment, and Jack needs to get his head out of his hind parts.

Or switch him to OLB, I don’t care, just put someone on the field who can get these guys lined up and aware of their assignments, for the love of all that is sacred and good in this cold cruel world.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:36 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-25-2019, 10:00 AM)Mikey Wrote: I voted for Jack only because they insist on playing him at MLB. I don't even care that we just darfted Quincy, get a true MLB, and let Jack and Quincy eliminate our need at Will for the foreseeable future.

We need a thumper in the middle. We are too light in the pants. If you build a defense for speed, you better be able to score a ton of points, or the run will be your undoing.

Agreed, but it won't happen. I don't think they will admit they made a mistake.

(11-25-2019, 10:09 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Dareus doesn’t deserve to have his name next to the others.  He’s not actually going to get the ridiculous number, and he played great when he was in there.  Linder gets a pass as well.  Norwell has been a massive disappointment, and Jack needs to get his head out of his tush.  

Or switch him to OLB, I don’t care, just put someone on the field who can get these guys lined up and aware of their assignments, for the love of all that is sacred and good in this cold cruel world.

Totally agree. His contract was fine. It was meant to give the team an out in 2020.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:46 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

Nick Foles, and it’s not even close.. look at the bulk of his numbers in his career. He is painfully below average! What was this FO thinking?? Maybe they assumed our defense would assume 2017 form.. and we just needed a guy who takes care of the ball. That is not the case..we need a QB who can go out and make plays out of nothing.. and Nicholas Foles of Arizona is not that.. enter Minshew.

As of 2019? It's Nick Foles. And again, as I have said multiple times since yesterday in many, many threads. I don't fault him nor blame him completely. This is primarily on the front office. It's hard to select Norwell as I feel he's played better this year for this team. And it's hard to give up on Jack at this time because I truly feel he's playing out of position and having to pick-up a lot of slack due to lack luster talent on the outside surrounding him.

I think he could be flipped back outside next year if they find a more suitable and natural ILB via free agency or the draft. Big fan of Malik Harrison out of OSU at the moment. I think he could be a day two steal for this defense in all honesty. Lee being resigned was more of a comfort decision but the poor guy can't stand healthy.

But year I agree with Kalamari. You can't miss on the QB position. They touch the football more than anyone else on your team and therefore have a more direct impact to your team's overall fortunes. The fact that they invested in a pocket passer with cement blocks for feet with a known injury history is on them. This offensive line was clearly not up to speed. They decided not to work these guys during the preseason and it instantly resulted in Cann whiffing on a block and costing you Foles early.

Then we went onto see Minshew have "happy feet" and rightfully so at times and he did pretty well. In fact, he was so good at it he was highly ranked statistically among the best scramblers and throwers on the run with escapability skills. I am going to assume that once they lose this game and fall to 4 - 8 they'll make an excuse for Foles. Shut him down for the year. And let Minshew play out the last month of the season.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-25-2019, 10:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Where is my "All of the above" option?

Dareus is actually really good though.  Once he went out, opponents have been running it up our gut to the extent of over 200 yards per game over the past 3 games.

Even when he was in there we had some bad games.  See Carolina.  It's not just on him as guys were getting fooled and out of their gaps, but this defense still got ran on even when he was in there.

(11-25-2019, 12:14 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 10:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Where is my "All of the above" option?

Even when he was in there we had some bad games.  See Carolina.  It's not just on him as guys were getting fooled and out of their gaps, but this defense still got ran on even when he was in there.
He played hurt this year. (elbow) 

The night and day impact he made on our run defense when he initially was traded was incredibly impactful. 
The 2017 playoffs alone say he should never be mentioned for this incomplete list/poll. We don't get there without him. 

I still rank the Bortles extension as worse than anything in this poll.

This team needs a veteran leader at LB and secondary.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I voted norwell....because he was a supposedly proven player, 4 years for the panthers, 
Jack was one of our draftees and doesn't seem to be playing his natural position, and our dumb FO gave him too much money

Norwell on the other hand:

3/13/2018: Signed a five-year, $66.5 million contract. The deal includes $30 million guaranteed
and is the highest paid lineman on the team.

from the Charlotte Observer
"NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirms the Panthers are unlikely to use the franchise tag on free agent OG Andrew Norwell.
The Charlotte Observer had the same report three days ago. New/old Panthers GM Marty Hurney must believe he already has too much money tied up in his offensive line. Norwell would be due roughly $14.3 million under the tag. Norwell is Rotoworld's No. 1 free agent guard"

The Jags didn't get what they thought they were, and they paid market for his past performance
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We need more options. Dareus is cool, like others have already said. How about A-F as a choice or something.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I voted Foles but since technically Bortles is still on the cap I'd say he's the worst. 

He was the first domino that put us into position to not only skip what looks like 3 franchise QBs but also taking a RB in the top 5 of a loaded draft.

(11-26-2019, 03:19 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I voted Foles but since technically Bortles is still on the cap I'd say he's the worst. 

He was the first domino that put us into position to not only skip what looks like 3 franchise QBs but also taking a RB in the top 5 of a loaded draft.

At least Bortles helped get us to an AFC Champ game and minutes away from a Super Bowl. Would have/should have been in the Super Bowl, if the Refs don't royally screw us, or if this brain dead coaching staff doesn't curl up into a puss ball and throw the game away.

Foles will go down as arguably the worst signing in this Franchise's history. He's god awful. And to think people actually thought he'd be an upgrade from Bortles LOL!!

(11-26-2019, 03:19 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I voted Foles but since technically Bortles is still on the cap I'd say he's the worst. 

Of those two I'd say Foles because with Bortles it was fool me once.  But they did the same thing with the QB position with a guy that's had a good post season run but was never really THAT guy and he got paid a little more than Bortles did and now you are stuck with that, while at the same time still eating Bortles money, that will eventually fall off after the year but damn it's just disgustingly sick.

Myles Jack.