Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Worst money spent. 2019 cap numbers
Foles (almost $22million)
Norwell ($14.5million)
Jack($15.5million)
Lee ($8.8million)
Linder($8million)
Cann ($6.3million)
Dareus($22million)
other
[Show Results]

Worst money spent on this team..

My Gabbert jersey was the worst money I've spent on this team...

Oh, I don't think I understood the question

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 11:21 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

Out of all the hate i would've taken as a GM, i still would've kept blake and waited to draft a QB this coming year. Still would've taken Minshew late, since tanner lee wasnt going to be much as the only comp. Would've had more money to spend on resigning talent and a few more$$$ for upcoming FA bids.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-26-2019, 11:21 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Out of all the hate i would've taken as a GM, i still would've kept blake and waited to draft a QB this coming year.  Still would've taken Minshew late, since tanner lee wasnt going to be much as the only comp.  Would've had more money to spend on resigning talent and a few more$$$ for upcoming FA bids.

It would have been the better choice in hindsight... maybe.

These coaches are so dumb they would have kept Bortles as starter (he probably wouldn't have gotten injured) instead of playing Minshew.

So who knows.. until we get better coaches, the team is pretty much doomed.

Considering the limited history of success it's Foles and not close IMO.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Foles is only two games into it so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

The proven waste of money, hands down, is Norwell. He’s been gaming us from day one.

(11-26-2019, 01:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Foles is only two games into it so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

The proven waste of money, hands down, is Norwell. He’s been gaming us from day one.

He's been throwing ducks into double and triple coverage. He has no arm strength. He looks scared out there.

Norwell actually produces. Yea, he's had his share of mishaps, but if you look at the tape, you will see he's not as bad as he is portrayed. Definitely not worth the money, but what he got compared to Nick Foles is nothing.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 01:05 PM by JagFanFirst.)

Voicing an unpopular opinion here. Foles isn't bad, like some of our heavily paid busts were. He's just not the Super Bowl QB we saw in Philly. He's a serviceable QB with an 80 million dollar contract. If we could have paid him, say 8 million per year as a backup, he'd be a bargain.

Go ahead and rip me.

(11-26-2019, 01:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Foles is only two games into it so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

He's been throwing ducks into double and triple coverage. He has no arm strength. He looks scared out there.

Norwell actually produces. Yea, he's had his share of mishaps, but if you look at the tape, you will see he's not as bad as he is portrayed. Definitely not worth the money, but what he got compared to Nick Foles is nothing.

Norwell's issue is that he gets destroyed about 3 times a game, and those plays are so egregious that we don't really see anything else he does. 50 snaps fine to good, but 3 terrible ones gets him put on this list.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-26-2019, 01:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Voicing an unpopular opinion here.  Foles isn't bad, like some of our heavily paid busts were. He's just not the Super Bowl QB we saw in Philly. He's a serviceable QB with an 80 million dollar contract. If we could have paid him, say 8 million per year as a backup, he'd be a bargain.

Go ahead and rip me.

You're right. Again, it's hard to judge him personally at his position. All of the blame goes to the continued mistakes and bad evaluating this front office loves to put on display on a yearly basis. 2017 was a fluke. I know some of you hate me on here for saying that and pissing in your cornflakes but it was a fluke. They barely scrounged up 10 wins as a team and they beat up on some pretty weak teams with gigantic holes and question marks at their QB position. 

They were able to get away with running the football and bailing out the defense just enough with special teams plays to keep the offensive on the football field. The coaching staff then showcased the same exact "play not to lose" attitude during the AFCC that they continue to showcase today. This team is poorly coached. And it's poorly managed. And it needs to be bagged up and thrown out of town already. 

Nick Foles caught fire at the most crucial point of the season with a pretty much stellar supporting cast surrounding him at that time. It was the perfect situation. When you couple that with Doug Pederson's "play to win and NOT to lose" attitude you get a Championship title for it. He wasn't afraid to gamble with Foles because he knew he had the pieces around him to succeed. 

This front office legitimately looked at Foles, didn't consider that maybe it was coaching, scheming, adjusting and players like Peters, Johnson, Kelce, Jeffreys & Ertz making his job easier. But it was all Foles during that play-off stretch and Championship victory. They're blind as hell. Most of us on here saw this coming a mile away back in January. At that time, I gave them credit for at least taking a swing. But I didn't think they would pay so much to take that swing. And that's why I agree with you. Had they paid him something more along the lines of "Prove you're a Franchise QB. Not just lightning in a bottle". 

We would all have a different tune today. It doesn't help their cause now though after the mishandling of the QB situation. I still think Foles, although cleared to play by the team since that initial injury back in week one, he's just simply not all there mentally to play right now. And it's shown already in two weeks of football. They put too much on him. He's been sidelined for entirely too long. And for better or worse they should have just left Minshew in there and prepared Foles for next year since they invested a lot of money into him. 

Also, the analysis showed prior to them signing Foles that the risks highly, HIGHLY outweighed the reward for bringing him in here. This wasn't Drew Brees or Peyton Manning up for grabs during free agency. This was a guy with a few good moments in his really tipsy topsy career. No different than Ryan Fitzpatrick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-26-2019, 03:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:05 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Voicing an unpopular opinion here.  Foles isn't bad, like some of our heavily paid busts were. He's just not the Super Bowl QB we saw in Philly. He's a serviceable QB with an 80 million dollar contract. If we could have paid him, say 8 million per year as a backup, he'd be a bargain.

Go ahead and rip me.

You're right. Again, it's hard to judge him personally at his position. All of the blame goes to the continued mistakes and bad evaluating this front office loves to put on display on a yearly basis. 2017 was a fluke. I know some of you hate me on here for saying that and pissing in your cornflakes but it was a fluke. They barely scrounged up 10 wins as a team and they beat up on some pretty weak teams with gigantic holes and question marks at their QB position. 

They were able to get away with running the football and bailing out the defense just enough with special teams plays to keep the offensive on the football field. The coaching staff then showcased the same exact "play not to lose" attitude during the AFCC that they continue to showcase today. This team is poorly coached. And it's poorly managed. And it needs to be bagged up and thrown out of town already. 

Nick Foles caught fire at the most crucial point of the season with a pretty much stellar supporting cast surrounding him at that time. It was the perfect situation. When you couple that with Doug Pederson's "play to win and NOT to lose" attitude you get a Championship title for it. He wasn't afraid to gamble with Foles because he knew he had the pieces around him to succeed. 

This front office legitimately looked at Foles, didn't consider that maybe it was coaching, scheming, adjusting and players like Peters, Johnson, Kelce, Jeffreys & Ertz making his job easier. But it was all Foles during that play-off stretch and Championship victory. They're blind as hell. Most of us on here saw this coming a mile away back in January. At that time, I gave them credit for at least taking a swing. But I didn't think they would pay so much to take that swing. And that's why I agree with you. Had they paid him something more along the lines of "Prove you're a Franchise QB. Not just lightning in a bottle". 

We would all have a different tune today. It doesn't help their cause now though after the mishandling of the QB situation. I still think Foles, although cleared to play by the team since that initial injury back in week one, he's just simply not all there mentally to play right now. And it's shown already in two weeks of football. They put too much on him. He's been sidelined for entirely too long. And for better or worse they should have just left Minshew in there and prepared Foles for next year since they invested a lot of money into him. 

Also, the analysis showed prior to them signing Foles that the risks highly, HIGHLY outweighed the reward for bringing him in here. This wasn't Drew Brees or Peyton Manning up for grabs during free agency. This was a guy with a few good moments in his really tipsy topsy career. No different than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Start a Jaguars Talk Podcast so i can follow you.  I thought that this was common sense; but as life has taught me, common sense isn't that common.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Go ahead and rip me.

No arguments here. He's really not bad, he's definitely better than Blake. Is he really worth 80 million? No but then that's the trap of free agency. In retrospect, no one could have guessed Minshew was going to show like he has (in fact, I'm sure he wasn't drafted with the idea he could eventually be the starter, they were probably looking at him as a viable option to grow into the backup spot).  Foles is really rusty, we have to remember he's played two games while the rest of the team (and opponents) are in mid-season form. He's going to miss some targets, but will improve as he gets more game time. People are being way to hard on him, probably because they like Minshew and/or expected Foles to play like a top-5 QB.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-26-2019, 03:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Go ahead and rip me.

Nicely said my man

I would say Bortles is number 1. And Foles number 2.

Dareus at least earns his money when he’s available.

Linder made the move to center, so I would look at that as a plus. He’s our best offensive lineman.

Jack is having a terrible year, but once other players across the league get their money, I think the contract won’t look so bad.

Norwell...just wow. I don’t even know what to say, he’s grossly over paid. He constantly gets pushed back to the QB.

(11-26-2019, 09:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would say Bortles is number 1. And Foles number 2.

Linder made the move to center, so I would look at that as a plus. He’s our best offensive lineman.

Jack is having a terrible year, but once other players across the league get their money, I think the contract won’t look so bad.

Norwell...just wow. I don’t even know what to say, he’s grossly over paid. He constantly gets pushed back to the QB.
I agree with Dareus. He shouldn't be on this list. He's been one of the few trades they've made recently that's worked out.

Doubling down on Bortles was foolish. Even more foolish that they continued to fail in bringing in legitimate competition to push him.

In failing to do that they essentially [BLEEP] the bed after last year and felt compelled to sign Foles to a deal he probably has no business being signed onto.

It's even more a bigger blunder when you consider they passed on not one, not two but three. Three MVP caliber QB's that fit today's NFL modern scenery on fast moving offenses with the ability to extend or move the chains with their legs. Watson, Mahomes & Jackson being those three.

Pretty frustrating. Can only hope Khan sees what everyone else here locally sees and pretty soon what the National pundits are fixing to hammer him for and he gets it fixed in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-26-2019, 10:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 09:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would say Bortles is number 1. And Foles number 2.

I agree with Dareus. He shouldn't be on this list. He's been one of the few trades they've made recently that's worked out.

Doubling down on Bortles was foolish. Even more foolish that they continued to fail in bringing in legitimate competition to push him.

In failing to do that they essentially [BLEEP] the bed after last year and felt compelled to sign Foles to a deal he probably has no business being signed onto.

It's even more a bigger blunder when you consider they passed on not one, not two but three. Three MVP caliber QB's that fit today's NFL modern scenery on fast moving offenses with the ability to extend or move the chains with their legs. Watson, Mahomes & Jackson being those three.

Pretty frustrating. Can only hope Khan sees what everyone else here locally sees and pretty soon what the National pundits are fixing to hammer him for and he gets it fixed in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was getting at. Someone replied that Bortles was "fool me once" but I see it more like "fool me thrice" in spending the initial pick on him, then extending him, then trying to cover him up with the Fournette pick. 

I can understand the process that led to that, but it failed nearly as badly as it possibly could before Fournette somewhat turned his career around this year.