Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BULLSEYE'S 6th Annual "THIS WEEK IN THE AFCS" - Week 13

I'm filling in for Bullseye while health issues prevent him from posting.  Bullseye, we all miss you and hope your situation improves.

[font=Arial]Indianapolis[/font] @ Houston - Recap

We expected a hard, close-fought battle last Thursday night and that's exactly what we got.  Indy leaned heavily on their run game while Houston chose a balanced attack.  The result was a treat for smashmouth fans as the night saw a combined total of 274 rushing yards and several injury breathers as bells were getting rung on both sides.  The contest was eventually decided by 3 points and included a controversial no-review fumble near the end of the game.  Some dubious playcalling and clock management by the Colts probably kept this game from going into overtime.  Meanwhile, the race for the title of AFCS champion continues...

[font=Arial]Jacksonville[/font] @ Tennessee - Recap

Did anyone really expect a different outcome?  For the third straight week, our Jaguars were blown out by a divisional opponent in a game that was over before the start of the 4th quarter.  Leading by only 7-3 at halftime, the Titans came out and scored 4 consecutive touchdowns in the 3rd quarter, three of them in the first five minutes, and quickly put the game out of reach.  Our inability to stop the run was once again our downfall, allowing Tannehill to relax and have the luxury of  attempting only 18 passes all game.  Even John Oehser, a paid shill for the Jaguars, released his take on the situation following the game that sounded a lot closer to your average fan opinion.  You can read the article (sans rose-colored glasses) here:  OEHSER'S OPINION

Now for the picks:

Game 1  (Tennessee @ [font=Arial]Indianapolis[/font])

Another week, another AFCS divisional matchup featuring two teams with playoff aspirations as well as, in my opinion, the two best coaching staffs in the AFCS.  The Titans (6-5) take on the Colts (6-5) in what is expected to be another run-heavy matchup.  This will be the 2nd meeting between these two teams this year, with the Colts winning 19-17 in week 2.  After losing to Carolina in week 9, I stated that the Titans were basically finished and figured they would probably win only two of their remaining games.  That was three weeks ago, and my opinion has changed.  They showed up big in their last 2 games, notching wins against the Chiefs and Jags and looking impressive while doing it.  Their chances of winning the AFCS crown are still somewhat low with the difficult finishing schedule they have, but I have no reason to believe they will head into Indy and belly flop like the Jaguars did.  The Colts, coming off a close loss to the Texans, look to "get right" at home.  I have to admit that this is a difficult pick for me to make, as arguments could easily be made for both sides winning.  Give me the Titans to win, with the week 2 score flipped.

Titans  19
[font=Arial][font=Arial]Colts[/font][/font]  17

Game 2  (Tampa Bay @ Jacksonville)

In a matchup of teams without much at stake, our Jaguars (4-7) host the Buccaneers (4-7).  Last week, the Bucs went into Mercedes-Benz stadium and tamed the Falcons 35-22 utilizing a balanced attack while largely shutting down Atlanta's running game.  I expect them to focus on the run more this week, with the additional benefit of cutting down opportunities for "Crab Legs" interceptions.  Conversely, I expect our Jags to attack largely through the air, trying to exploit a defense that gives up 290 passing yards per game.  However, it seems like nothing is working for the Jaguars right now.

Buccaneers  27
[font=Arial]Jaguars[/font]  20

Game 3  (New England @ [font=Arial]Houston[/font])

Sunday night, the Patriots (10-1) come to do battle with the Texans (7-4) at NRG Stadium in Houston.  If the Texans have any hope of winning this game, they'll have to play much better than they did last week against the Colts.  For defense, this means bringing pressure, shutting down as much of the underneath/short stuff as possible, and generally playing disciplined (penalty-free) football.  On offense, the Texans will need to keep the Patriots off-balance with a balanced attack and unpredictable play calling.  The problem for the Texans is the Patriots finally have a good defense to support Brady and already do those things I said the Texans will need to do.  New England wins again and maintains their conference lead over Baltimore while the AFCS race tightens even more.

[font=Arial]Patriots[/font]  34
[font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial]Texans[/font][/font][/font]  21

Last Week  2-0
Overall  25-11

Pete Prisco last week  2-0
Pete Prisco overall  19-17
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 04:53 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-25-2019, 03:43 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [size=larg

Pete Prisco last week  2-0
Pete Prisco overall  19-17

tacks, bucs, pats

16-18 overall
I'm in it to beat pete.

2-0 Last week
23-13 overall

Colts
Jags
Patriots
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

2-0 last week
18-14 overall

Titans over Colts
Jaguars over Buccaneers
Patriots over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

22-14 overall.

this weeks games winners will be  

titans

bucs

Texans yes texans upset pats this week.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

21-13

NE
Tampa
Indy

20-16 coming in

Ten 24 Ind 20 - Tannehill is looking competent, and he has a run game to rely on. Indy keeps it close, but here's to the mediocrity of the AFCS. Nobody dominates.

Bucs 24 Jax 21 - I mentioned in the score prediction thread that our D gets at least one of our scores. I think there's a losing mentality infecting the locker room, but I don't see this being an ugly loss. If it is, though, Doug and Wash should both be fired before leaving the stadium Sunday night.

NE 40 Hou 17 - NE has been looking flat lately. However, Tommy notices the calendar now reads "December", and he finds his mojo, like always. Another prime time stinker for the NFL fans to endure.

22-14

This week:
clots
Jags
Pats

(11-19-2019, 09:44 AM)PF* Wrote: 21-13 coming in

tittians

Colts

Now 22-14

Colts
Jags get it right
Patriots
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

2-0 last week, so 20-16 total.

I'll take titans, New England, and bucs.

I think the titans win because Tannehill is screwing up their draft position.

New England wine because the texans aren't actually that good and they can cover Hopkins.

The bucs are one of the few teams the jags could stand a chance against, but I don't think picking the Jags the rest of the way is a good idea.

18/18

colts
bucs
pats

Prisco posted his picks 8 hours ago.  From cbssports.com:

Tennessee Titans (+2.5) at Indianapolis Colts

This is an enormous game in terms of playoff implications. The Titans are playing much better with Ryan Tannehill under center, but they are a run-first team. That could present problems for the Colts. The Colts will also try and run it here, but I think the Titans will be up to the challenge. Tannehill will make enough plays to pull off the upset. 
Pick: Titans 19, Colts 16

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1) at Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jaguars have been blown out in three straight games, and they can't stop the run. But the Bucs don't usually lean on the run. I expect this to be a high-scoring game with Jameis Winston having a big day throwing it for Tampa Bay, and the Jaguars getting their offense going. Winston will get the better of it. 
Pick: Bucs 31, Jaguars 29

New England Patriots (-3.5) at Houston Texans 

The Patriots are struggling on offense, but you would think they would get it going at some point. Is this the game? I think it is to some degree. The highlight here, though, will be Deshaun Watson against that New England defense, which has been outstanding. Look for the Pats to slow Watson and win a tough road game.
Pick: Pats 23, Texans 14

PRISCO'S PICKS - WEEK 13
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

18-17 overall

Titans
Jaguars
Patriots

19-7 coming in

Tacks
Jags (not a homer pick, I think they beat the bucs)
Texans

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 02:48 AM by D6.)

Week # 12 Results: 2-0
Overall: 22-14

Week # 13 Selections:

Tennessee
Tampa Bay
New England

Titans
Jaguars
Patriots

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

14-22

colts
Jags
Pats

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 11:47 AM by Mowerguy.)

15-21 overall after last week 1-1

This week?
tacks (again) over the clots   Sick 

pats over 'horns   

and I agree with the comment above
 ....picking Jags over anybody the rest of the season... is not really a good idea. 
So I have to go with the bucs....who will probably show up and be ready to play against marrone's
clown show.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-25-2019, 01:46 PM)The Drifter Wrote: 2-0 Last week
23-13 overall

Colts
Jags
Patriots

0-3 this week

23-16 overall
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-25-2019, 06:36 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 22-14 overall.

this weeks games winners will be  

titans

bucs

Texans yes texans upset pats this week.

Holy crap.. good job snowie.