Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week Whatever Updates

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess Harrison may miss the game with his concussion and the Wingard experiment has failed miserably. Should’ve signed a vet safety before the season began.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Man. This thread title is everything.

Well. They're trying to figure this run defense out. Give them credit for at least that. Can't catch a break at LB this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

As a side note I wouldn’t mind seeing if the team is willing to convert Wingard to LB in the offseason. He’s a solid tackler. He just doesn’t have the range to play safety.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I still can't fathom why they decided to go with Andrew Wingard because "mUh SpEcIaL tEaMs" over CJ Reavis who had a fantastic preseason and looked like (at worst) the 3rd best safety on the roster, and a legit argument can be made that he's better than Jarrod Wilson based on his recent play.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 07:28 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

Blaine Gabbert at free safety is not working.

Not having a decent Safety is killing us on defense. Wingard just simply doesn’t have the athleticism to play back there. I really hope we address this position in the offseason.

And over at LB, man.....seems like just yesterday we had the best group of backers in the league. We could really use Telvin Smith right about now. Myles Jack has struggled, and that’s an understatement. He better get his crap together.

Our defensive line can still get it done with Allen, Yan, and CC.

And I don’t know what’s going on with the offensive game plan, but give Oliver more looks!! Please..

(11-26-2019, 04:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Well. They're trying to figure this run defense out. Give them credit for at least that. Can't catch a break at LB this year.

Nope, can’t catch a break at that spot

Telvin takes the year off
Ryan injured
Williams has shown he can play but he’s lost
Goode is serviceable but on IR
Calitro might be worse in coverage of the group
Jacobs has been in and out of the lineup and made some plays against the run

I believe Williams can play, but he needs another year. I believe Jack can too but he needs to get his stuff together.

Dareus is soooo vital to this defense, I really hope we can find a way to keep him.

Why is Donald Payne not playing at LB ?

He is by far our best tackler in special team.

(11-26-2019, 07:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Not having a decent Safety is killing us on defense. Wingard just simply doesn’t have the athleticism to play back there. I really hope we address this position in the offseason.

And over at LB, man.....seems like just yesterday we had the best group of backers in the league. We could really use Telvin Smith right about now. Myles Jack has struggled, and that’s an understatement. He better get his crap together.

Our defensive line can still get it done with Allen, Yan, and CC.

And I don’t know what’s going on with the offensive game plan, but give Oliver more looks!! Please..

Oliver is on IR.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Mike Evans and Godwin are going to torch this secondary

(11-26-2019, 07:20 PM)Firesky Wrote: I still can't fathom why they decided to go with Andrew Wingard because "mUh SpEcIaL tEaMs" over CJ Reavis who had a fantastic preseason and looked like (at worst) the 3rd best safety on the roster, and a legit argument can be made that he's better than Jarrod Wilson based on his recent play.

The only thing I could fathom was it was something we didn't see in the film room or on the practice field, because Wingard was a no-show until week 4, and then he played dang near the whole game.

I was equally floored when Reavis missed the cut.

(11-26-2019, 07:20 PM)Firesky Wrote: I still can't fathom why they decided to go with Andrew Wingard because "mUh SpEcIaL tEaMs" over CJ Reavis who had a fantastic preseason and looked like (at worst) the 3rd best safety on the roster, and a legit argument can be made that he's better than Jarrod Wilson based on his recent play.

Because when it boils down to it the entire front office sucks. For every good move there's a bad one and for every great move there's a terrible one.
And most of the great moves were lay ups like picking Josh Allen and Jalen Ramsey (which I think netted a positive even though he's no longer here. We got his best years and traded him for 2 firsts plus)

(11-27-2019, 10:16 AM)Kane Wrote:

Because when it boils down to it the entire front office sucks. For every good move there's a bad one and for every great move there's a terrible one.
And most of the great moves were lay ups like picking Josh Allen and Jalen Ramsey (which I think netted a positive even though he's no longer here. We got his best years and traded him for 2 firsts plus)

Plus apparently he did us a favor because he's spiraling now.

(11-27-2019, 10:24 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 10:16 AM)Kane Wrote: Because when it boils down to it the entire front office sucks. For every good move there's a bad one and for every great move there's a terrible one.

Plus apparently he did us a favor because he's spiraling now.

Yeah.... don't need a head case like that on this team... would really cause a bad season to be a circus.

I’d have kept Reavis and sent Wingard to PS. 

That one surprised me. 

Reavis signed with ATL two weeks ago BTW

(11-27-2019, 11:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/11997...05696?s=20

That's probably the worst report yet that I have seen all year player wise. A lot of main players on that report. They might be shutting down early for next year. Can't blame them.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."