Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone: ‘I’ve been criticized even within the organization’

(11-27-2019, 12:25 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah.

It has been clearly established that Marrone hires his coaches in the conventional method. He has talked about it with much transparency.  He consults TC when he feels he wants his input as he values it greatly. He is not beholden to the FO with his staffing. Not at all. 

It's not a weird set up.
 Several teams around the league have a 'football czar" executive position similar to Coughlin's here. It's been around the league for decades now. 

The only weird element is that Coughlin carries with him this odd and polarizing aura to our fanbase because he represents winning, SB appearances/victories, and hard nosed coaching. But he also represents stubborness, antiquated thinking, salary cap mismanagement and player alienation. 

Just depends which of those things weigh heavier with individual fans in their perception of him.

Fair enough.. 

I just find it so hard to believe all these coaches through the years just suck? How can so many fail to produce? There always seems to be a disconnect between the front office and our coach as Kane suggested. Why? 

Maybe the problem has always been poor choices in the front office. I find that easier to accept than all of these coaches failing over and over...

I would put most of it on the front office.
But the HC is a front office choice.

It's kinda like Jerry Jones getting all saucy in the media about Jason Garrett not getting it done.
Like... dude... you put him there cuz he's a yes man. And he was giving you 8-8 for like 3 years straight.... Your bad lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm past giving a dang what marrone or any of them says ......just want to see end of the season, see some new faces and know what our draft picks are
for 2020.
Like Cheech and Chong say...."I'm sick up and fed" with all of them.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-27-2019, 12:29 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 12:25 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Fair enough.. 

I just find it so hard to believe all these coaches through the years just suck? How can so many fail to produce? There always seems to be a disconnect between the front office and our coach as Kane suggested. Why? 

Maybe the problem has always been poor choices in the front office. I find that easier to accept than all of these coaches failing over and over...

I would put most of it on the front office.
But the HC is a front office choice.

It's kinda like Jerry Jones getting all saucy in the media about Jason Garrett not getting it done.
Like... dude... you put him there cuz he's a yes man. And he was giving you 8-8 for like 3 years straight.... Your bad lol

I never quite understood the Marrone choice. It just seemed lazy. He was part of the Gus regime and was thrown in as interim and then named perm after what search? The only thing I liked about him was that he APPEARED to tighten things up by getting rid of ping pong tables and [BLEEP] like that from the Gus era. Since then however, I’ve seen countless lack of discipline on the team. He coached the AFCCG scared..preseason this year scared.. everything is scared. You just can’t win that way.

(11-27-2019, 12:25 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah.

It has been clearly established that Marrone hires his coaches in the conventional method. He has talked about it with much transparency.  He consults TC when he feels he wants his input as he values it greatly. He is not beholden to the FO with his staffing. Not at all. 

It's not a weird set up.
 Several teams around the league have a 'football czar" executive position similar to Coughlin's here. It's been around the league for decades now. 

The only weird element is that Coughlin carries with him this odd and polarizing aura to our fanbase because he represents winning, SB appearances/victories, and hard nosed coaching. But he also represents stubborness, antiquated thinking, salary cap mismanagement and player alienation. 

Just depends which of those things weigh heavier with individual fans in their perception of him.

Fair enough.. 

I think it's a combination of failures. 

I definitely do see evidence of this F.O. going quite out of its way to provide coaches with players suited to the stated scheme and concept of the staff/HC.  Sometimes those players just aren't good enough, sometimes the scheme is limited, sometimes the players aren't developing out of coaching failure, sometimes the players are talented and executing poorly. 

For me - I feel coaches failing to get the most out of players scheme-wise,  AND coaches failing to develop certain position groups are the biggest culprits of the Marrone era. 

If you look around the league and the timelines of various coaching hires, you will find that there are periods for every team wherein they suffered through multiple failed HC hires.  It's not too uncommon, but man it stinks to be on the verge of beginning the cycle again with several games remaining in the current season.

(11-27-2019, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 12:25 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Fair enough.. 

I think it's a combination of failures. 

I definitely do see evidence of this F.O. going quite out of its way to provide coaches with players suited to the stated scheme and concept of the staff/HC.  Sometimes those players just aren't good enough, sometimes the scheme is limited, sometimes the players aren't developing out of coaching failure, sometimes the players are talented and executing poorly. 

For me - I feel coaches failing to get the most out of players scheme-wise,  AND coaches failing to develop certain position groups are the biggest culprits of the Marrone era. 

If you look around the league and the timelines of various coaching hires, you will find that there are periods for every team wherein they suffered through multiple failed HC hires.  It's not too uncommon, but man it stinks to be on the verge of beginning the cycle again with several games remaining in the current season.

We haven't had decent coaching since JDR.
Like legit. Even during our one good year in 2017, people had plenty of complaints (fans and players) about scheme usage and play calling.

That's a long time.
We're starting to look like Browns South. Failed QB after failed QB, crap coach after crap coach, a couple good defenses wasted through those years.

I can't think of 4 franchises that have been worse from top to bottom with how they were run, rostered, and coached over the last decade or so.
And I ain't gonna lie, I thought we were turning the corner after Caldwells second draft, and I thought we had reached a point of reload and continue being competitive after 2017.
But we've literally had 2 good seasons in forever (07, 17) and after each we fell off a cliff.

If this current FO (Tom and Dave) didn't double down on its QB mistakes and Doug stick with Wash after years of players complaining about him and his scheme, how much different could this year be, we all are left wondering.

What's next, Coughlin stating he wanted Lamar Jackson but Marrone demaned they take Taven Bryan

(11-27-2019, 04:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: What's next, Coughlin stating he wanted Lamar Jackson but Marrone demaned they take Taven Bryan

As funny as that would be, I think Caldwell said that Jackson wasn't even on the team's board.

(11-27-2019, 10:39 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 10:37 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: To be fair to Marrone, we can probably count on one hand how many people are on the same page as Foles.  Maybe one OL, one WR, and the OC, and Foles himself.

Foles: "Rainbows, Love and Unicorns.. hooray!"

Minshew: "This loss is unacceptable for me, my teammates and the fans of this great city. I will do all that's in my power to correct my own mistakes and play better for myself, my teammates and the fans"

That's how I imagine Minshew would have been after the tacks blowout.... compared to Foles sounding like a kindergarten student

So, you conjure up a quote from your imagination and point out how it differs from your interpretation of an actual quote. Do you just want to be mad?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-28-2019, 01:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 10:39 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Foles: "Rainbows, Love and Unicorns.. hooray!"

Minshew: "This loss is unacceptable for me, my teammates and the fans of this great city. I will do all that's in my power to correct my own mistakes and play better for myself, my teammates and the fans"

That's how I imagine Minshew would have been after the tacks blowout.... compared to Foles sounding like a kindergarten student

So, you conjure up a quote from your imagination and point out how it differs from your interpretation of an actual quote. Do you just want to be mad?

Isnt that the point?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-28-2019, 03:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 01:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So, you conjure up a quote from your imagination and point out how it differs from your interpretation of an actual quote. Do you just want to be mad?

Isnt that the point?

Laughing

(11-27-2019, 10:39 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Foles: "Rainbows, Love and Unicorns.. hooray!"

I ran into Minshew at Publix getting a sub and he told me this...

Minshew: “ The whole front office needs to go. All these coaches are garbage! Some one buy we a 6 pack of PBR and I’ll run the whole show and quarterback us to the playoffs every year. Don’t listen to that rollerjag guy. He don’t know nuffin! “

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019, 04:19 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

Our Quarterback talked about loving his teammates after a blowout loss to our division rivals in which he played like a rookie caught in the headlights.

That's pretty much my only point. The guy is a loser on vacation with 88 million dollars. It's actually funny everyone is okay with it.

(11-28-2019, 04:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 01:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So, you conjure up a quote from your imagination and point out how it differs from your interpretation of an actual quote. Do you just want to be mad?

Our Quarterback talked about loving his teammates after a blowout loss to our division rivals in which he played like a rookie caught in the headlights.

That's pretty much my only point. The guy is a loser on vacation with 88 million dollars. It's actually funny everyone is okay with it.

Everyone?

Even the Pope?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-28-2019, 04:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 04:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Our Quarterback talked about loving his teammates after a blowout loss to our division rivals in which he played like a rookie caught in the headlights.

Everyone?

Even the Pope?

Maybe.

I think the Space Pope may not agree...

[Image: f_ZJloGd_400x400.png]

(11-28-2019, 01:42 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 04:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: What's next, Coughlin stating he wanted Lamar Jackson but Marrone demaned they take Taven Bryan

As funny as that would be, I think Caldwell said that Jackson wasn't even on the team's board.

This team would Bortles up Lamar Jackson. I am not convinced we would do anything successful with Watson, Mahommes or Jackson.

This franchise has no vision other than leveraging London as a strategy.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 02:43 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-28-2019, 04:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Foles hopefuls need time to recoup their emotions.  His comments leave alot to be desired and his play leaves even more.  Its bad, but it kind of is that im so upset i need to laugh this off type of feeling.  Knowing someone will be subpar is one thing, having to watch it and support the team that allowed it is another.  

Minshew is a i want to win now and keep fighting type of guy.  Foles is a pay me and keep the faith the team will continuously improve with or without me here type of guy.  NF is a nice person though, so i'll give him that.  He'll be set for life with tithes and offerings when he starts his preaching.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.