Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
EVPFO Tom Coughlin speaks to the media

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cK6lpzF4blFybk95R3...MvzHo?t=2s

I wonder what prompted this unexpected event?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He popped in to DuvalPride.com yesterday.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2019, 01:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://www.pscp.tv/w/cK6lpzF4blFybk95R3...MvzHo?t=2s

I wonder what prompted this unexpected event?

Ticket sale #s

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 01:14 PM by Brett.)

Listening to Coughlin's press conference now. He isn't firing Marrone and is encouraging the fans to come out to the remaining home games. "We have 5 games to win and it's a 5 game schedule blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

It's so hard being a fan of this team. Especially as someone who has never lived a day in Florida....I have the easiest out of any fan of a team but yet I stick by them for some reason.

Woulda been better if he spent the whole presser talkin' smack about Ramsey

Tony's involved with wrasslin, could have given him a few good one-liners to drop in the set.

(11-27-2019, 01:14 PM)Brett Wrote: Listening to Coughlin's press conference now. He isn't firing Marrone and is encouraging the fans to come out to the remaining home games. "We have 5 games to win and it's a 5 game schedule blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

It's so hard being a fan of this team. Especially as someone who has never lived a day in Florida....I have the easiest out of any fan of a team but yet I stick by them for some reason.
He's not firing Marrone right now but he also didn't say anything that would lead me to believe he believes in Marrone.

Coughlin knows it's a clean sweep at the end of the season it seems.

(11-27-2019, 01:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 01:14 PM)Brett Wrote: Listening to Coughlin's press conference now. He isn't firing Marrone and is encouraging the fans to come out to the remaining home games. "We have 5 games to win and it's a 5 game schedule blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

He's not firing Marrone right now but he also didn't say anything that would lead me to believe he believes in Marrone.

Coughlin knows it's a clean sweep at the end of the season it seems.

Yeah, I know this doesn't mean he isn't firing him at the end of the season. Just a ridiculous waste of time with his press conference.

Ya know, that senile old [BLEEP] wants more fans to come to games but they give us dog [BLEEP] on the field.. [BLEEP] him.. I'm tired of spending my money on garbage.. I'll think about it again next year or when they clean house and we get a fresh start.. Coughlin can bite me..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

What.An.Absolute.Debacle......

Old fool...

They’re clearly hearing it from the fans, and recognize that the level of unrest among the fan base is pretty high. Tom was doing a mea culpa hoping to tamp down the concerns so the stadium isn’t half empty.

It was nice to see him point out the positives, but ultimately it’s 4-7 that matters.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-27-2019, 01:52 PM)FBT Wrote: They’re clearly hearing it from the fans, and recognize that the level of unrest among the fan base is pretty high.  Tom was doing a mea culpa hoping to tamp down the concerns so the stadium isn’t half empty.

It was nice to see him point out the positives, but ultimately it’s 4-7 that matters.

And that glazed over look on Marrone's face during the tacks debacle that screams... I don't know how to coach in this league.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2019, 01:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 01:52 PM)FBT Wrote: They’re clearly hearing it from the fans, and recognize that the level of unrest among the fan base is pretty high.  Tom was doing a mea culpa hoping to tamp down the concerns so the stadium isn’t half empty.

And that glazed over look on Marrone's face during the tacks debacle that screams... I don't know how to coach in this league.

At this point, Tom can see this for himself.  I think he’s sending a pretty clear message to Marrone by taking to the podium today.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-27-2019, 01:56 PM)FBT Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 01:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And that glazed over look on Marrone's face during the tacks debacle that screams... I don't know how to coach in this league.

At this point, Tom can see this for himself.  I think he’s sending a pretty clear message to Marrone by taking to the podium today.

He won't be around to pick the next coach at least

I found nothing wrong with that presser. Simply some words of admonishment and encouragement.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-27-2019, 02:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I found nothing wrong with that presser. Simply some words of admonishment and encouragement.
You're not finding it odd that he's speaking now? When the team is 4-7?

Over it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2019, 02:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 02:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I found nothing wrong with that presser. Simply some words of admonishment and encouragement.
You're not finding it odd that he's speaking now? When the team is 4-7?
Slightly. When asked if he was told to talk he stated no but that he felt he needed to talk. His reasoning for feeling that way I would venture a guess on that it was an attempt to rally the fan base up a little. Nothing wrong with that IMO. The place will be empty. Hopefully all 6000 service members that were given tickets show up with their families.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Talk is cheap at this point anyway. He'll retire at the end of the year and Dave and Doug will be fired. I can be patient for another month.