Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
EVPFO Tom Coughlin speaks to the media

(11-27-2019, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Talk is cheap at this point anyway. He'll retire at the end of the year and Dave and Doug will be fired. I can be patient for another month.

I hope to God you are right. I don't want Coughlin picking one of his re-tread, old style coaches. We need to bring this team into the present with some innovative new blood.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2019, 04:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Talk is cheap at this point anyway. He'll retire at the end of the year and Dave and Doug will be fired. I can be patient for another month.

I hope to God you are right. I don't want Coughlin picking one of his re-tread, old style coaches. We need to bring this team into the present with some innovative new blood.

Agreed. Need to get on track with the rest of the NFL. Overdue.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2019, 01:14 PM)Brett Wrote: Listening to Coughlin's press conference now. He isn't firing Marrone and is encouraging the fans to come out to the remaining home games. "We have 5 games to win and it's a 5 game schedule blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

It's so hard being a fan of this team. Especially as someone who has never lived a day in Florida....I have the easiest out of any fan of a team but yet I stick by them for some reason.

Same here. I live in Chicago, never been to Jacksonville. But I've been watching this team since the Mark Brunell / Fred Taylor days. I could easily switch to a team that isn't so incompetent, but yet I've remained a loyal fan. Maybe I just love the pain and misery.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 04:25 PM by Brett.)

(11-27-2019, 04:11 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 01:14 PM)Brett Wrote: Listening to Coughlin's press conference now. He isn't firing Marrone and is encouraging the fans to come out to the remaining home games. "We have 5 games to win and it's a 5 game schedule blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

It's so hard being a fan of this team. Especially as someone who has never lived a day in Florida....I have the easiest out of any fan of a team but yet I stick by them for some reason.

Same here. I live in Chicago, never been to Jacksonville. But I've been watching this team since the Mark Brunell / Fred Taylor days. I could easily switch to a team that isn't so incompetent, but yet I've remained a loyal fan. Maybe I just love the pain and misery.

Yep, you know what I mean then. I was like 8 when they came into the league and I was growing up in Cincinnati. I just chose them because I liked the logo and been here ever since.  Wallbash

Blah....blah....blah....heard it all before..
It's - Too - Late , Tom.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

This was clearly a push for ticket sales.

No clue why he does this. There was nothing said, nothing done, so why bother? You didn't fire any coaches, aren't playing Minshew. People aren't going to buy tickets because you said there are 0 excuses and it's a 5 game tryout to fix things.

This just shows they don't care. They want to show we hear you, but then basically say we will document your complaints and send it up the chain.

Either stay silent or do some actions, talking does nothing.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(11-27-2019, 06:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote: No clue why he does this. There was nothing said, nothing done, so why bother? You didn't fire any coaches, aren't playing Minshew. People aren't going to buy tickets because you said there are 0 excuses and it's a 5 game tryout to fix things.

This just shows they don't care. They want to show we hear you, but then basically say we will document your complaints and send it up the chain.

Should have announced mass firings and that Minshew would take over.

Immediately the city would be excited - we're not delusional though - we realize he's a rookie that probably won't win that much.... but he's the freaking future. Or he's not. Let's find out NOW

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...9298285569

Are you [BLEEP] kidding me? Still a lot to prove?

You know what Ngakoue has proven us Tom? Hes proven that he's the best young pass rusher this franchise has ever had... That's what hes proven so far..

Coughlin needs to get the [BLEEP] out of here, like yesterday.

(11-27-2019, 02:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I found nothing wrong with that presser. Simply some words of admonishment and encouragement.

Wow. Really?

(11-27-2019, 07:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...9298285569

You know what Ngakoue has proven us Tom? Hes proven that he's the best young pass rusher this franchise has ever had... That's what hes proven so far..

Honestly, if they decided he wasn't worth the pay, and let him test free agency, I think i'd be sick. Pass Rushing is about the only real nastiness this team has on the defensive front right now. 

I have been wondering though, if Yannick has thought about saying goodbye, himself, given that it looks like this team is headed towards ANOTHER rebuild? I sincerely hope not, but after Telvin and Jalen both adios-ing their ways out of Jacksonville, it makes me nervous either way.

Regardless, i'm really starting to dislike Coughlin.

(11-27-2019, 07:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...9298285569

(11-27-2019, 07:22 PM)Nikowho Wrote:

Honestly, if they decided he wasn't worth the pay, and let him test free agency, I think i'd be sick. Pass Rushing is about the only real nastiness this team has on the defensive front right now. 

I have been wondering though, if Yannick has thought about saying goodbye, himself, given that it looks like this team is headed towards ANOTHER rebuild? I sincerely hope not, but after Telvin and Jalen both adios-ing their ways out of Jacksonville, it makes me nervous either way.

Regardless, i'm really starting to dislike Coughlin.
You can't blame him for that answer. He can't say yes we will pay him top dollar or no he isn't worth it. He just made a generic answer without answering the question.

It's why I said don't bother talking if you are just doing to make general statements and do nothing.

With Tampa coming to town I don't think attendance will be THAT bad. Thinking they are worried about the rest and next year.

As I was watching the conference it became crystal clear to me. Coughlin has to go. Nothing is getting fixed till he is gone. I think Marrone should go but getting rid of Coughlin is #1. I think Caldwell has actually done a pretty good job working around the problems Coughlin has created:

1) Extending Bortles
2) huge contract to Foles
3) Drafting Fournette at 5
4) Drafting Taven Bryan
5) Running Ramsey out of town. (getting 2 #1s and a fourth was masterful by Dave)

(11-27-2019, 07:55 PM)newporttom Wrote: As I was watching the conference it became crystal clear to me. Coughlin has to go. Nothing is getting fixed till he is gone.   I think Marrone should go but getting rid of Coughlin is #1. I think Caldwell has actually done a pretty good job working around the problems Coughlin has created:

1) Extending Bortles
2) huge contract to Foles
3) Drafting Fournette at 5
4) Drafting Taven Bryan
5) Running Ramsey out of town.  (getting 2 #1s and a fourth was masterful by Dave)

I have been a Coughlin supporter since the team's inception in 1995 up until this year. That being said, there's clearly something wrong with this team that runs far deeper than just injury and losing games.  That press conference wasn't a good look, he just seemed angry and defensive. As previous posters have stated, why even have this if you're not going to announce any meaningful changes for the remainder of the year? We need to hire coaches that don't have a 1970s football mentality.  And an EVP is just one more level of unnecessary management, IMHO.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

[Image: Buy-Tickets-Now-02.png]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 08:36 PM by Jags.)

Almost came off as “Yes fans, he’s gone at the end of the year, and please mr Khan, don’t fire me”

Sounds like someone who mailed it in after he decided to extend Bortles to me.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Coaching and office jobs are not the same. Khan put too much trust in Coughlin's legacy as a football coach.

Just because John Elway got lucky with Peyton Manning in Denver doesn't mean it'll always work for you.

Elway may be ran out of Denver any moment too. They've steadily regressed since Manning retired and he's yet to solve the QB problem.

We all love Coughlin. Coach Coughlin that is. But he needs to hang it up. This wasn't a good role for him. It was admirable of him to take on the challenge. And at the time we all loved it. But it's soured at this point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2019, 06:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote: No clue why he does this. There was nothing said, nothing done, so why bother? You didn't fire any coaches, aren't playing Minshew. People aren't going to buy tickets because you said there are 0 excuses and it's a 5 game tryout to fix things.

This post articulates my feelings exactly.  Thanks for posting, p_r!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan