Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Suggestion about ticket sales

(12-01-2019, 07:52 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: Hey, I was pissed paying $200 per seat in section 105 seeing people from the nosebleed sections sneak down into my section and occupy the empty seats. Why in the world would anyone, in this low demand market, pay the face value for tickets when you can pay a scalper $10 for a ticket in the upper bowl, and then sneak down to one of the thousands of empty seats in the lower bowl?

I don't think there are scalpers any more.  All tickets are electronic.  No paper tickets.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2019, 08:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 07:52 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: Hey, I was pissed paying $200 per seat in section 105 seeing people from the nosebleed sections sneak down into my section and occupy the empty seats. Why in the world would anyone, in this low demand market, pay the face value for tickets when you can pay a scalper $10 for a ticket in the upper bowl, and then sneak down to one of the thousands of empty seats in the lower bowl?

I don't think there are scalpers any more.  All tickets are electronic.  No paper tickets.

Showing my age, lol

This conversation illustrates how the NFL is steadily pricing itself out of existence and explains dwindling attendance. Most folks don't have the money, or are unwilling, to drop the kind of cash required to go see a game. Between parking, tickets, and concessions, it's simply not worth it. So how does the league address it? By giving monopolization to online ticket hawkers who not only charge full prices for low demand games, but then tack exorbitant "service fees" on top of it. Add to that the WWE-esque officiating which lends to the idea that the league is rigged and it's no wonder people are staying away in droves.

These aren't just the grumblings of a repeatedly disappointed Jags fan, it's clearly evident by all the empty seats at most televised games. The good news is the market is self-regulating. A few more years of falling attendance will hit them in the wallet and force some change.

(11-30-2019, 11:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 07:17 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Imagine paying $200 per game for a season ticket and every game there is someone next to you who got their ticket for $50. Even if you're the kind of fan to whom buying season tickets was a top priority, you'd still be pissed.

That's essentially how seats on an airplane work, though. People deal with it.

Airline tickets are not a straight luxury good though. I can't go home, watch a jet take-off on TV, and still enjoy the product.

I could see it working if, IE : Shad "bought" the tickets up at face, and sold them "subsidized" for, lets say, 50% off, or donate them.. I doubt you will ever see club seats treated that way, but the non club and upper bowl areas should get this treatment, so at least we get more butts in the seats. It was a bad look from the stadium today, the away side seemed a bit more full, looking across the way though, yikes. It was a fairly empty stadium.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-02-2019, 01:08 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I could see it working if, IE : Shad "bought" the tickets up at face, and sold them "subsidized" for, lets say, 50% off, or donate them.. I doubt you will ever see club seats treated that way, but the non club and upper bowl areas should get this treatment, so at least we get more butts in the seats. It was a bad look from the stadium today, the away side seemed a bit more full, looking across the way though, yikes. It was a fairly empty stadium.
Most stadiums look like that now, even the Ravens and 49ers can't fill their stadiums.

Unless the teams start taking a beating in the media for the empty seats, they won't care as the seats are mostly sold. The problem is when they aren't sold.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(11-30-2019, 11:31 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 08:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've looked at Ticketmaster, and there are a huge amount of unsold tickets for the Tampa game.   Why can't the Jaguars let the prices of unsold tickets float up and down with supply and demand?  Club seats are still going for about 400 bucks.  There's no way they can sell those tickets at that price.  But the franchise apparently won't let the tickets go for less than face value.  So they have thousands and thousands of empty seats.  That stadium is going to look very empty on Sunday.  They need to let the free market set the price of the unsold tickets.

They can't or they de-value the overall market not to mention dis-incentive season ticket holders. That means they'd have to drop ticket prices further and it becomes a vicious cycle. Demand is driven (at least in this market but there are others) by the success of the franchise on the field.

(11-30-2019, 09:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If the team wants to eliminate the free market outside the stadium, exercising total control through Ticketmaster, then they should let the free market operate through Ticketmaster and float the price of the tickets.  Free markets operate to maximize revenue.  Let the free market work!  The current product is way overpriced!

Re-sale tickets on ticketmaster *can* be had for more or less than the face value of the tickets.

The Real Marty nailed it.  As a season ticket holder paying for 2 additional crappy preseason games, the last thing that I want to know is that the Jags are now selling the vacant seats next to my seats for half the price.

In all reality, I resell a lot of tix and get better returns on the NFL Ticket Exchange whereas Stubhub is a more favorable site for buyers.  Both sites reissue tickets to the buyers under a new bar code so they are 100% legit.