Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Danielle Stella

There are a handful of Republicans hoping to challenge Ilhan Omar for her seat in Congress.  One of them just got herself banned from Twitter.
She jumped on a rumor that Omar is a Qatari intelligence asset, and said that Omar should be hanged if this is true.

Stella should not have said any of this.

1) Spreading baseless rumors about politicians on Twitter is inexcusable.  Even without the threat of violence, Twitter would have been right to take down the post.
2) Even though sharing intelligence with Qatar could be treason, hanging is no longer the penalty for treason.  It would not be crazy for someone to see Stella's post as a call for Omar to be lynched, because historically lynching was done by hanging. 

Sadly, this ignorant and provocative rhetoric is likely to give her enough notoriety to win the Republican nomination for the seat.
But if the district was left-leaning enough to elect Omar in the first place, probably no Republican has a chance to win anyhow.

Hottest take: this could be yet another example of the primary election system only stirring up division and strife, and failing to select the best candidate for everyone.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2019, 12:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: There are a handful of Republicans hoping to challenge Ilhan Omar for her seat in Congress.  One of them just got herself banned from Twitter.
She jumped on a rumor that Omar is a Qatari intelligence asset, and said that Omar should be hanged if this is true.

1) Spreading baseless rumors about politicians on Twitter is inexcusable.  Even without the threat of violence, Twitter would have been right to take down the post.
2) Even though sharing intelligence with Qatar could be treason, hanging is no longer the penalty for treason.  It would not be crazy for someone to see Stella's post as a call for Omar to be lynched, because historically lynching was done by hanging. 

Sadly, this ignorant and provocative rhetoric is likely to give her enough notoriety to win the Republican nomination for the seat.
But if the district was left-leaning enough to elect Omar in the first place, probably no Republican has a chance to win anyhow.

Hottest take: this could be yet another example of the primary election system only stirring up division and strife, and failing to select the best candidate for everyone.

That's basically all it boils down to really.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Twitter did the right thing by banning her. She sounds like a nut case.

(11-30-2019, 12:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: There are a handful of Republicans hoping to challenge Ilhan Omar for her seat in Congress.  One of them just got herself banned from Twitter.

Anyone guilty of treason should be executed.  Pretty straight forward.  

As for the pearl clutching.  Have u been buried in a hole for say...  I dont know the past 4 years?

(11-30-2019, 02:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote:

Anyone guilty of treason should be executed.  Pretty straight forward.  

As for the pearl clutching.  Have u been buried in a hole for say...  I dont know the past 4 years?

"Pretty straight forward".
What is the method of execution prescribed by law?
What do you think I've missed over the course of the last four years?  It's not too late for me to find out, is it?

I find it amazing that people who use so many words to show their ignorance are so frequently willing to show of that skill.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I find it funny that you say spreading baseless rumors about politicians on Twitter is inexcusable, seeing as one was spread 2 days ago about Trump's Thanksgiving agenda.

I guess when it happens to your own team, it's different.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019, 04:13 PM by mikesez.)

(11-30-2019, 03:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I find it funny that you say spreading baseless rumors about politicians on Twitter is inexcusable, seeing as one was spread 2 days ago about Trump's Thanksgiving agenda.

A rumor about Trump on Thanksgiving?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

(11-30-2019, 03:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I find it amazing that people who use so many words to show their ignorance are so frequently willing to show of that skill.

I live to serve, loverboy.
I know how much that smug superiority gets you wound up. You're not here to learn, you're only here to feel like you already know everything you need to know! I'm so glad to have learned this about you and so glad to help you get what you need.

(11-30-2019, 04:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 03:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I find it funny that you say spreading baseless rumors about politicians on Twitter is inexcusable, seeing as one was spread 2 days ago about Trump's Thanksgiving agenda.

(11-30-2019, 03:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I find it amazing that people who use so many words to show their ignorance are so frequently willing to show of that skill.

I know how much that smug superiority gets you wound up. You're not here to learn, you're only here to feel like you already know everything you need to know! I'm so glad to have learned this about you and so glad to help you get what you need.

Who said I was talking about you?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-30-2019, 04:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 03:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I find it funny that you say spreading baseless rumors about politicians on Twitter is inexcusable, seeing as one was spread 2 days ago about Trump's Thanksgiving agenda.

Don't you worry. Newsweek just fired the reporter who reported this fake news story. Finally some accountability.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019, 05:16 PM by mikesez.)

(11-30-2019, 04:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 04:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: A rumor about Trump on Thanksgiving?

Who said I was talking about you?

If you're not, then part of me is heartbroken, but this might be healthier for both of us.

(11-30-2019, 05:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 04:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: A rumor about Trump on Thanksgiving?

Don't you worry. Newsweek just fired the reporter who reported this fake news story. Finally some accountability.

It's a Thanksgiving miracle!

(11-30-2019, 02:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 02:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Anyone guilty of treason should be executed.  Pretty straight forward.  

"Pretty straight forward".
What do you think I've missed over the course of the last four years?  It's not too late for me to find out, is it?

Ask mueller.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 09:02 AM by mikesez.)

(12-01-2019, 12:59 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 02:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: "Pretty straight forward".

Ask mueller.

You know I've tried calling that guy multiple times and left a message with his secretary but I never get any call back!
I mean I just wanted to shoot the breeze and discuss ivy league football with him. What should I ask if I ever finally get him on the line?

(12-01-2019, 08:52 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 12:59 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Ask mueller.

You know I've tried calling that guy multiple times and left a message with his secretary but I never get any call back!
I mean I just wanted to shoot the breeze and discuss ivy league football with him. What should I ask if I ever finally get him on the line?

Ask him if he ever read his own report the tax payers spent 30 million dollars on.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 12:27 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

This should be a Hit it or Not Hit It thread

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn...tella.jpeg]

(12-03-2019, 12:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: This should be a Hit it or Not Hit It thread

Given the current level of TDS, I’m sure many responses would be “with a bat”.

(12-03-2019, 12:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: This should be a Hit it or Not Hit It thread

Mental illness can be sexually transmitted.  Hard pass.

1)  She isn't "spreading baseless rumors".  She simply said IF the accusation were true.  Twitter was wrong to take down the post since it suppresses free speech, but I understand that to liberals like you "free speech" only applies to comments that you agree with.

2)  I don't disagree with her.  Again IF the accusation were true Omar should be tried and if convicted sentenced to death (hanged=death).  Lynching != hanging just as hanging != lynching.

I know that the idea of hanging someone to carry out a death sentence triggers liberals like you, but back in the day it was a pretty good method (especially if it was public).  I would not be against a firing squad or the electric chair either.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-03-2019, 05:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Mental illness can be sexually transmitted.  Hard pass.

Indeed, we wouldn't want her to catch it from you.

(12-03-2019, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

1)  She isn't "spreading baseless rumors".  She simply said IF the accusation were true.  Twitter was wrong to take down the post since it suppresses free speech, but I understand that to liberals like you "free speech" only applies to comments that you agree with.

2)  I don't disagree with her.  Again IF the accusation were true Omar should be tried and if convicted sentenced to death (hanged=death).  Lynching != hanging just as hanging != lynching.

I know that the idea of hanging someone to carry out a death sentence triggers liberals like you, but back in the day it was a pretty good method (especially if it was public).  I would not be against a firing squad or the electric chair either.

Look, IF jagsibelieve is torturing cats and dogs for his own amusement, he should be kicked in the nads.  Now, if tomorrow one of you goes and kicks JIB in the nads, don't blame me.  I was just saying *IF*. I mean we all know that he lives in the North Florida countryside. Certainly someone out there is torturing cats and dogs. Maybe it's him?