Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The Official This Team Is So Bad Amelia Gave Up Game Day Thread***

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 10:56 AM by NM Jag Fan.)

Discuss!

Laughing

Maybe a better title would be ***The Official RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT Thread***
My sig goes here!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's not the worst/least talented team in Jaguars' history. That "honor" has to go to Mularkey's 2012 squad, IMO. It is the one that's got the worst job of coaching I can recall. We've got a diamond in the rough at QB? Cool. Let's bench him after one bad game in favor of a guy we overpaid for who, while not godawful, isn't exactly inspiring confidence either.

(12-01-2019, 11:11 AM)TJBender Wrote: It's not the worst/least talented team in Jaguars' history. That "honor" has to go to Mularkey's 2012 squad, IMO. It is the one that's got the worst job of coaching I can recall. We've got a diamond in the rough at QB? Cool. Let's bench him after one bad game in favor of a guy we overpaid for who, while not godawful, isn't exactly inspiring confidence either.

Agreed,   there is some talent on this team.
My sig goes here!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 11:35 AM by jagherd.)

^ "RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT".
Yeah, I know technically it's not that bad every series. But seriously, after 3 terrible blowout losses in important division games, maybe it's time to sprinkle some more exotic, aggresive playcalling into the mix? Open some of it up, what else is there to lose?

I remember attending a game in DC a few seasons back (Bengals vs Redskins - both playoff caliber teams at the time).

The very first play of the game, aside from the opening kickoff, was a "trick" play for a long-bomb TD from Cincy. They lined up Sanu in the backfield, who ended up with the ball, and he threw a bomb to Green who took it to the house. The Redskins were caught completely off-guard not expecting something like that on the very first play from scrimmage.

Now, maybe the Jags don't have the current "horses" to pull off that exact play. But cmon, they can start to throw 2 or 3 unexpected tricks/formations in now at times. Whats the harm? Really?

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 11:34 AM by Mowerguy.)

Whaaa?!
....you're asking them to do something unexpected and a little creative? Pfffttt..  Huh
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 11:45 AM by jagherd.)

(12-01-2019, 11:34 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Whaaa?!
....you're asking them to do something unexpected and a little creative? Pfffttt..  Huh

Lol!  Yeah, I know

Well here we are again. Game day.

Should be an interesting atmosphere today. I'm expecting a lower turnout and if we have a bad 1st Q it could go toxic.

Lots of big talk again this week, let's see it this week they actually worked on anything.

[Image: 78214996_2470567409891260_57489306089359...e=5E7B2F76]
My sig goes here!

I wanted to call out of work last minute, scalp some tickets and at least show up to show my support, because I know the stadium is going to be maybe the most empty it’s ever been. But.. I really need money lol

He prolly got thrown in jail or something.. Prolly got busted running a meth lab..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-01-2019, 12:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: He prolly got thrown in jail or something.. Prolly got busted running a meth lab..

Laughing
My sig goes here!

First game I’m going to since Seattle in 2017(what a game! I miss those Jags). I work 3rd shift so Sunday’s are a joke for me. Took a day off to go with a life long friend to watch our favorite teams play against each other.

Hoping Nick Foles has a great game today, Bucs D played well last week but they aren’t world beaters either. In fact they have a very suspect pass defense, so I’m hoping we see some mojo from our 88 million dollar QB.

Welp, here we go.

Miles Jack is inactive so there a plus and the game hasn't even kicked off.

(12-01-2019, 01:18 PM)prime winner Wrote: Miles Jack is inactive so there a plus and the game hasn't even kicked off.

Big Grin
My sig goes here!

As a Jaguars fan ....this is how they make me feel. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8449861]
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

How strange and yet somehow funny would it be if this was a defensive battle today? Like, neither team's defense gives up much on the run or pass at all?

(12-01-2019, 01:23 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: As a Jaguars fan ....this is how they make me feel. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8449861]

That's Coughlin dressed as Jaxson, and he's showing that poor fan who's boss. So much anger there that the poor fan probably got whiplash.

(12-01-2019, 01:18 PM)prime winner Wrote: Miles Jack is inactive so there a plus and the game hasn't even kicked off.

Ha! Zing!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 01:49 PM by NH3.)

(12-01-2019, 01:18 PM)prime winner Wrote: Miles Jack is inactive so there a plus and the game hasn't even kicked off.

My sentiments exactly.

NH3...
"AZANE"