Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Mania is back

(12-01-2019, 06:37 PM)Dimson Wrote: He would have had at least 2 TDs. Had DeDe not let that ball bounce off his hands and be intercepted.

While this is true, he would have also had it if he would have seen Conley wide open off the pick from the slant.  I'd much rather have him than Foles, but I'd also say don't rule out taking a QB in rd 1 to whoever we get to make picks.  Hopefully TC and everyone else is gone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time to grow the mustaches back out boys!

(12-01-2019, 07:30 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 06:37 PM)Dimson Wrote: He would have had at least 2 TDs. Had DeDe not let that ball bounce off his hands and be intercepted.

While this is true, he would have also had it if he would have seen Conley wide open off the pick from the slant.  I'd much rather have him than Foles, but I'd also say don't rule out taking a QB in rd 1 to whoever we get to make picks.  Hopefully TC and everyone else is gone.

They're  not drafting a qb in the 1st. At least not next year.

Did Foles just play his last game as a Jaguar? Barring injury of course.

Depends on what's said in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-01-2019, 06:16 PM)Newton Wrote: Foles got rushed back too soon. He is a better player than what we are seeing. That said, Minshew is the future. Play him now and see what we have. His ability to do anything behind this o-line is impressive.

people stop protecting foles. hes a lousy qb. he did good with eagles cause he had a all-pro offenssive line.  6 to 8 of the lineman made the pro-bowll. thier te made the pro bowl. anyone could've won super bowl with that stud line.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-02-2019, 01:36 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 06:16 PM)Newton Wrote: Foles got rushed back too soon. He is a better player than what we are seeing. That said, Minshew is the future. Play him now and see what we have. His ability to do anything behind this o-line is impressive.

people stop protecting foles. hes a lousy qb. he did good with eagles cause he had a all-pro offenssive line.  6 to 8 of the lineman made the pro-bowll. thier te made the pro bowl. anyone could've won super bowl with that stud line.

Don’t forget frank Reich whose looking like a stud coach as his OC. I said it was a mistake when we signed him I’m from philly area been watching them forever and dealing with their fans that team makes every qb “look” good. I still can’t get over the overpaying for locker room respect thing what a joke. Now we’re gonna have 22million in dead cap but at least the locker room will still “respect” foles

I'm not ready to write Foles off. He's coming off a major injury behind the only offensive line that would actually improve if they played without guards. If the Jaguars were 8-4 instead of 4-8, no way does Foles play because Minshew is riding this wave to the playoffs. If the Jags are 2-10, Foles doesn't play because there's no reason to put him out there. At, what, 4-5, Marrone and/or Coughlin were getting desperate to justify the investment and/or not get fired, so they went back to a guy who shouldn't have played this year anyway.

Minshew Mania is back! Whoops. Holding, offense.

Minshew mania is going to finish out these season strong

(12-02-2019, 02:30 AM)TJBender Wrote: I'm not ready to write Foles off. He's coming off a major injury behind the only offensive line that would actually improve if they played without guards. If the Jaguars were 8-4 instead of 4-8, no way does Foles play because Minshew is riding this wave to the playoffs. If the Jags are 2-10, Foles doesn't play because there's no reason to put him out there. At, what, 4-5, Marrone and/or Coughlin were getting desperate to justify the investment and/or not get fired, so they went back to a guy who shouldn't have played this year anyway.
This is Bortles all over again.

“Just give him a better OLine. More weapons. Better coaching. Better TE and maybe, just maybe, he can be better.”

It’s clear Foles was a flash in the pan with Philly. I love Minshew but I honestly would use a first to draft a QB this season. Maybe Tua falls to 5 or 6. Tua will either be a home run or a bust but I’m willing to take the shot.

Let’s wait and see what happens. I’m sticking with Minshew, Bu drafting a QB is OK too.

(12-01-2019, 06:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If there was any doubt that this is Minshew's team, that should be gone now.

Every single part of this team performed better when he came into the game. Offense, defense, and special teams.

There was that same level of lackluster play last year when Bort was the QB. It's like the team had no confidence in either one (BB/NF).

Whatever Minshew is doing to motivate those guys, it flippin' works.

.... and I thought Henne was an extremely overpaid backup at $4m/year Sad

I sincerely hate hearing Nick Foles talk.

Your faith isn't helping you, bruh. [BLEEP]. Enjoy your 88 million dollars you fake.

Even the Jaguars couldn’t stop Minshew Mania

(12-02-2019, 01:36 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:

people stop protecting foles. hes a lousy qb. he did good with eagles cause he had a all-pro offenssive line.  6 to 8 of the lineman made the pro-bowll. thier te made the pro bowl. anyone could've won super bowl with that stud line.

Wait what???
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 02:04 PM by JAllen#41.)

(12-01-2019, 07:51 PM)Predator Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 07:30 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: While this is true, he would have also had it if he would have seen Conley wide open off the pick from the slant.  I'd much rather have him than Foles, but I'd also say don't rule out taking a QB in rd 1 to whoever we get to make picks.  Hopefully TC and everyone else is gone.

They're  not drafting a qb in the 1st. At least not next year.

I don't think they should rule it out.  To me, as an owner, you take these last few games and evaluate the position.  If you are cleaning house from the top down, then they definitely could take a QB in rd 1, it just depends on what happens.  If Coughlin is back, I think you still evaluate the position these last few games and ask yourself is this a guy we can win our division with. That should be the immediate priority. What do we need to do and who do we need to win the division? Once you are in the tournament anything can happen. If there is any hesitation in answering the question whatsoever, you bring in some competition from the draft in late April/Early May.

I was one of those fans who was extremely excited about Foles.  I didn't know if he'd be the Eagles' Foles or the Rams' Foles but I was thinking either would be an upgrade over Bortles.  I was devastated when he went out with the broken collar bone as we all were.  However, now I'm completely in the frame of mind that Minshew has to be given every opportunity to be the future.  I'm sick of postponing growth and success because of losing money like we did with Bortles' idiotic contract extension, and it feels like this team didn't learn it's lesson because we're probably going to do it again now with Nick Foles. 

The thing that gets me, is if Minshew was drafted in the 1st round and played like he did, we'd all be saying we found our guy.  The only reason no one wants to say that is because we're so concerned that this is all a shocking fluke from a 6th round pick.  We have to throw that mindset out and accept our fortune.  If he crashes and burns, at least we'll know that we gave it a shot and could confidently say he was a fluke.  If we try to justify Foles' contract by forcing the issue and delaying the development of a possible future franchise QB, we're the typical Jaguars yet again. 

The Chiefs took a chance on Mahomes and the Ravens were criticized for drafting an undersized RB in Lamar Jackson who was masquerading as a QB but it sure seems to be working out well for them.  I'm not saying Minshew is as good as either of them, but sometimes it pays off to take a chance and risk something.  This front office is always so scared of looking stupid that they end up looking stupid.  I'm all in on giving this sinking ship to Minshew to see if he can do anything with it.

(12-02-2019, 02:46 PM)Legal American Wrote: I was one of those fans who was extremely excited about Foles.  I didn't know if he'd be the Eagles' Foles or the Rams' Foles but I was thinking either would be an upgrade over Bortles.  I was devastated when he went out with the broken collar bone as we all were.  However, now I'm completely in the frame of mind that Minshew has to be given every opportunity to be the future.  I'm sick of postponing growth and success because of losing money like we did with Bortles' idiotic contract extension, and it feels like this team didn't learn it's lesson because we're probably going to do it again now with Nick Foles. 

The thing that gets me, is if Minshew was drafted in the 1st round and played like he did, we'd all be saying we found our guy.  The only reason no one wants to say that is because we're so concerned that this is all a shocking fluke from a 6th round pick.  We have to throw that mindset out and accept our fortune.  If he crashes and burns, at least we'll know that we gave it a shot and could confidently say he was a fluke.  If we try to justify Foles' contract by forcing the issue and delaying the development of a possible future franchise QB, we're the typical Jaguars yet again. 

The Chiefs took a chance on Mahomes and the Ravens were criticized for drafting an undersized RB in Lamar Jackson who was masquerading as a QB but it sure seems to be working out well for them.  I'm not saying Minshew is as good as either of them, but sometimes it pays off to take a chance and risk something.  This front office is always so scared of looking stupid that they end up looking stupid.  I'm all in on giving this sinking ship to Minshew to see if he can do anything with it.

Minshew not only has better stats than all the first round QBs taken this year.... he's looked better than them too. More comfortable, more ready-for-the-moment.

Plus he has an electricity, a charisma, that translates into energy to players on the field around him. It's pretty remarkable.