Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
7 years of this rebuild and ths team is like Swiss Cheese! Why not fire everybody?

(12-04-2019, 11:38 AM)Upper Wrote: A lot needs to improve/develop/change for more than half of those quality starters to be truly quality. I don't consider any of Harrison, Westbrook, Taylor, Cam, Jack, Fournette, Conley, or Robinson good enough to start on a super bowl aspiring team right now.

I would move Chark down to quality starter and Minshew to a new "potential core piece" category that includes guys like Harrison, Jack, and Taylor.

I think that's a bit overboard. I think of a quality starter as a guy that can fulfill a role in a good scheme and only get regularly beat in that role by elite level players.

No one has elite level players at every position, you need players that aren't just blocking dummies and a scheme that keeps them from regularly getting pwned by elite players. The Jaguars a couple of years ago had elite level defensive players and quality starters all over the field. This year a lot of those guys are gone or have declined, it happens. That's why drafting talent over need is so important. The draft isn't about this year, it's about what happens to your team 2-10 years from now.

As Vic often said, the draft is about taking care of the future, and if you take care of the future then the future will take care of the present.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 years of this rebuild and ths team is like Swiss Cheese! Why not fire everybody? - by SeldomRite - 12-04-2019, 12:07 PM